Pickles and Crusher

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Wow love how high domed they are. Are there shells from side view sloped the same from front to back? Or does the front kind of protrude more and drop off faster?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Crusher, the smaller one slopes the same but Pickles is built like a bull dog on the front with a little bitty hiny.
Were they from the same hatching?
I briefly read somewhere that pickles with the different slope is a breed from the India region. But I could have had a thought in my dreams. LOL Time to do some research

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Were they from the same hatching?
I briefly read somewhere that pickles with the different slope is a breed from the India region. But I could have had a thought in my dreams. LOL Time to do some research

I was told they were from a breeder in Oklahoma but my source went shady and wouldn’t answer any of my questions after they were in my possession. Guess I shoulda asked before I paid Oh well... They are definitely opposites in shape, size, and color... I’d be interested to know what you find out:)

Reptilony

QC, CAN
They are doing so good! Pickles is still growing like crazy...And crusher is now way bigger than mine. You must give them a magic potion or something...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
They are doing so good! Pickles is still growing like crazy...And crusher is now way bigger than mine. You must give them a magic potion or something...

Not at all[emoji23] I’m just obsessive over all my animals and they have a very varied diet! I’m lucky to have a lot of natural food on my acreage plus large grazers as well... I didn’t think that they were growing so much compared to others I’ve seen...How big is yours now?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I was told they were from a breeder in Oklahoma but my source went shady and wouldn’t answer any of my questions after they were in my possession. Guess I shoulda asked before I paid Oh well... They are definitely opposites in shape, size, and color... I’d be interested to know what you find out:)
Wow it's been awhile since I checked out your thread and they got big, and look great! I think it's possible still they're siblings if they came from the same place. My new hatchling Marge and her sibling look completely different.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Wow it's been awhile since I checked out your thread and they got big, and look great! I think it's possible still they're siblings if they came from the same place. My new hatchling Marge and her sibling look completely different.

Thanks Todd! I love that my two are so different but it drives me nuts not knowing their exact history.(not sure why though [emoji849]) Marge is adorable! Whose got her sibling? I couldn’t believe how much she had grown from your post just this weekend! Glad I’ve got to see from day 1!!!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thanks Todd! I love that my two are so different but it drives me nuts not knowing their exact history.(not sure why though [emoji849]) Marge is adorable! Whose got her sibling? I couldn’t believe how much she had grown from your post just this weekend! Glad I’ve got to see from day 1!!!
Tortstork still has her sibling. I've seen pictures. There was 2 eggs and one hatched a few days before mine.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I have spent 2 days looking for info on the different shaped carapace on sullies. I cant find what I read before but Sudan is brought up a lot and nothing on India. I hate smartphones when trying to do research. We have to move furniture for me to get to the computer. Time for a laptop.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl