Please just jog my head

cpl1307

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire
For a 4ft foot viv am I right in thinking I need a The Arcadia 12% UVB D3 Reptile T5 strip light?
Its due replacing and I cant find my old box

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
If you have a Russian tortoise (Horsfield), then yes, T5 12% Arcadia Desert. If you run it 4-6 hours a day it should last more than 1 year.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Rnt I! The older I get, I become one of those early older people rises 😉
My American Eskimo has me up at the Crack of 5 AM every morning without fail. I don't even need an alarm clock anymore. :)

cpl1307

Lancashire
My American Eskimo has me up at the Crack of 5 AM every morning without fail. I don't even need an alarm clock anymore. :)
Hsha Well to be honest, if I had an American Eskimo, it wouldn't take much of an influence to get me up either! Stunning dogs!! There is worst things to wake you up every morning, like a baby cry!! Been there, done that and wont be doing it again. It nearly got me sectioned 😄. I dont know if thats the same word you use un America, when the doctor puts you on a psychiatric ward of a hospital

cpl1307

Lancashire
Hsha Well to be honest, if I had an American Eskimo, it wouldn't take much of an influence to get me up either! Stunning dogs!! There is worst things to wake you up every morning, like a baby cry!! Been there, done that and wont be doing it again. It nearly got me sectioned 😄. I dont know if thats the same word you use un America, when the doctor puts you on a psychiatric ward of a hospital
Ive just realised ive invaded someone elses conversation!!! Beyond embarrassed 😳

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yup, same here - Section 8!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yup, same here - Section 8!!!
Section 8? That's welfare isn't it? That's what I always heard it called. Section 8 housing is for welfare.
Being put on a psychiatric ward is not called "sectioned" where I'm from but more like having white coats come for ya.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Section 8? That's welfare isn't it? That's what I always heard it called. Section 8 housing is for welfare.
Being put on a psychiatric ward is not called "sectioned" where I'm from but more like having white coats come for ya.
In the armed services, there used to be a section 8 discharge in the old days. I believe this is what @Yvonne G meant in her post:

"Section 8 was a category of discharge from the United States military, used for a service member judged mentally unfit for service. Section 8 was also often given to cross-dressers, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people."

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
In the armed services, there used to be a section 8 discharge in the old days. I believe this is what @Yvonne G meant in her post:

"Section 8 was a category of discharge from the United States military, used for a service member judged mentally unfit for service. Section 8 was also often given to cross-dressers, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people."
Wow, totally different than what it means here. That's too funny. Same country but totally different meanings.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Wow, totally different than what it means here. That's too funny. Same country but totally different meanings.
That is simply due to one being a US military code designation and the other a US HUD code designation. The "sections" numbered 8 are part of two totally different programs, they just happen to have the same number by coincidence.

Anyone who has been in (or is familiar with) the military would most likely think of "Section 8" as a mental defect discharge code, while a person not familiar with the military would most likely associate it with the housing assistance code just as you did.

Here in GA and possibly nationwide now, they have changed the "Section 8 Housing Program" title to "Housing Choice Voucher Program", probably to reduce the stigma for recipients.

"The Housing Choice Voucher Program, also known as Section 8, is part of Georgia's comprehensive housing program administered by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA). This is a tenant-based rental assistance program that assists extremely low and low income individuals and families rent safe, decent, and affordable dwelling units in the private rental market. The program was created by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 and is funded by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)."

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is simply due to one being a US military code designation and the other a US HUD code designation. The "sections" numbered 8 are part of two totally different programs, they just happen to have the same number by coincidence.

Anyone who has been in (or is familiar with) the military would most likely think of "Section 8" as a mental defect discharge code, while a person not familiar with the military would most likely associate it with the housing assistance code just as you did.

Here in GA and possibly nationwide now, they have changed the "Section 8 Housing Program" title to "Housing Choice Voucher Program", probably to reduce the stigma for recipients.

"The Housing Choice Voucher Program, also known as Section 8, is part of Georgia's comprehensive housing program administered by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA). This is a tenant-based rental assistance program that assists extremely low and low income individuals and families rent safe, decent, and affordable dwelling units in the private rental market. The program was created by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 and is funded by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)."
I have no idea if they changed it here. They likely did only because everything seems to get a name change now days. They need to change the requirements and morals of a lot of the recipients not the name of the program.