Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
You are right and I apologize Jaqcui. Princess Leia and are going outside for the rest of the day.

You made a wise choice (the outside time). I did the same thing, only went to the "big" city shopping for tortoise food and then to a plant nursery. About 5 hours of time away from here for mental relaxation, because I too was losing patience and perhaps not writing as well and in the way I wanted/needed to do to get my point across. Sadly I return here to see not much has improved during the day..... :(

M

Maggie Cummings

I tried to say this earlier and it was deleted...So let me say it now. I did not say anything against either of the two of you. I did in fact skew the way I typed out your names and I did say that I don't think most of us care one way or the other about Tom's length of experience. I have my own experience to use. I do not agree with Tom on his theory of keeping his hatchlings so wet. If you go back and read my posts you will see that I preach 4 things that are needed to prevent pyramiding, diet, exercise, UVB and humidity. I am NOT one of Tom's cronies, I am an independent thinker and I operate a small turtle and tortoise rescue here in the PNW. I did, in my deleted post, asked you to please remember why you signed on to TFO, TORTOISES, you didn't join up to belittle or snipe at anyone else. All of this nit picking back and forth has changed the tone of TFO. This tension has taken most the fun out of it. Even the other threads which have nothing to do with the back biting feel the tension. I am simply asking you to stop. Stop picking at each other. There are people here that I don't like and that don't like me but we simply ignore each other. We don't create several threads devoted to the enjoyment of picking at each other. Please get back to talking about tortoises, I beg of you.

One more thing. My sister and I are independent of each other. She said it best when she said "We are no way alike and neither of us speaks for the other. I don't have anything to do with what she says or thinks and the same thing holds true for her". If you had met either one of us you would see that we are in no way alike. So don't blame my sister for anything I said. You have a complaint about me, you bring it to me and leave her out of it.

Now with all that said...please stop this fighting and get back to talking about tortoises

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
I think it is sad, I know I have been involved in a couple of heated debates on here with a few members mainly regarding PETA but I always thought while we may have gotten heated we still remain friends, and I don't recall resorting to name calling, I find it sad that adults can't argue without resorting to name calling.

:( Me too!:(

onarock said:
I just love these types of posts. People that have nothing to say, but cant help saying something...

Just in case your wondering we don't really need comments like this either.

Come on folks, start being nicer and more considerate to each other, please. This kind of talking and behavior (not just this comment but several others that have been posted during the day today are included) is not helping anything or anybody.

John

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Let me set the record straight...My sister is a crotchety old lady who lives in Oregon. I am a crotchety old lady who lives in Central California. We are no way alike and neither of us speaks for the other. I don't have anything to do with what she says or thinks and the same thing holds true for her.

Sorry if I got the meaning of your post wrong. It looked to me as if you were blaming Tom for something someone else said. Sorry.

yvonne,i have too say that i like you and respect you.even when i first came to the forum and was shuned by most you were wiling to help me and i have not forgotten.this whole argument is spread across a few threads,and the fact is it was never about downing tom or belittleing him,it got way off course.the original argument was due too the way tom's methods are force fed on every person who comes too the forum.i personally don't think there is enough evidence too call what tom is doing the law there are alot of unanswered questions.right off the bat he went from dry too wet,what else did he change,has he tried feeding a wet tort nothing but cat food too see if diet could be the culprit?i've been in contact with many people outside this forum and through talking to them all and watching tom's results i am under the impression that allthough the wet method works nobody can say why for sure.if the wet torts grow up smooth but then all die after threee years for no apparent reason where will we be then?starting a new debate thread i i magine

maggie3fan said:
]

So John, I wouldn't expect anyone to follow blindly. I was accused, and I answered the accusations with the facts of the matter. Now that you have heard both sides of the story, what say you? Need more info? More time to decide?
actually tom i spent alot of time thinking about all this at work today and i think i have come too a conclusion.other than pushing your opinions as fact i have no problem with you at all you as the rest of us are free too raise our torts as we please,in fact i apreciate your dedication.and at the end of the day none of this would have taken place had it not been for one of your krony's striking out at paul who asked a simple question.

[/quote]so im here lets hear what ya got too say.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK!!! I'm putting you all on report! There will be NO comments any more forever and ever about the way people type or spell here on the forum!!! We can't all be 70 WPM typists or know how to spell all the words. Like it has been said so often, "We're here for the tortoises" NOT for spelling.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Actually i am here for the spelling, tortoise are secondary to me.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I agree Maggie. I have also stated in a few threads that I agree with alot of what you say. But, you did torch me for asking a question. And, you have tried to belittle me and John for the way we spell or write. I asked you those questions on the other thread because the person you were telling that stuff to was a green horn newbie and I thought that he/she should know some facts about MBD and thought you might be able to elaborate on them because you brought it up.... thats it. My first hand experience on here with you has been limited, but positive and I feel you tossed all that out because I was having a civil discussion with Doc and a heated one with Dean. Don't know what any of that had to do with you

maggie3fan said:
I tried to say this earlier and it was deleted...So let me say it now. I did not say anything against either of the two of you. I did in fact skew the way I typed out your names and I did say that I don't think most of us care one way or the other about Tom's length of experience. I have my own experience to use. I do not agree with Tom on his theory of keeping his hatchlings so wet. If you go back and read my posts you will see that I preach 4 things that are needed to prevent pyramiding, diet, exercise, UVB and humidity. I am NOT one of Tom's cronies, I am an independent thinker and I operate a small turtle and tortoise rescue here in the PNW. I did, in my deleted post, asked you to please remember why you signed on to TFO, TORTOISES, you didn't join up to belittle or snipe at anyone else. All of this nit picking back and forth has changed the tone of TFO. This tension has taken most the fun out of it. Even the other threads which have nothing to do with the back biting feel the tension. I am simply asking you to stop. Stop picking at each other. There are people here that I don't like and that don't like me but we simply ignore each other. We don't create several threads devoted to the enjoyment of picking at each other. Please get back to talking about tortoises, I beg of you.

One more thing. My sister and I are independent of each other. She said it best when she said "We are no way alike and neither of us speaks for the other. I don't have anything to do with what she says or thinks and the same thing holds true for her". If you had met either one of us you would see that we are in no way alike. So don't blame my sister for anything I said. You have a complaint about me, you bring it to me and leave her out of it.

Now with all that said...please stop this fighting and get back to talking about tortoises

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
I would dive into this, but I'm afraid the water is'nt quite deep enough..:D

Torty Mom said:
aneey onne seene any gud moveies lateily.+?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
maggie3fan said:
Gosh...she's really yelling at us...

Gee I wonder why? So is it helping? Is everybody getting the message????

M

Maggie Cummings

onarock said:
I agree Maggie. I have also stated in a few threads that I agree with alot of what you say. But, you did torch me for asking a question. And, you have tried to belittle me and John for the way we spell or write. I asked you those questions on the other thread because the person you were telling that stuff to was a green horn newbie and I thought that he/she should know some facts about MBD and thought you might be able to elaborate on them because you brought it up.... thats it. My first hand experience on here with you has been limited, but positive and I feel you tossed all that out because I was having a civil discussion with Doc and a heated one with Dean. Don't know what any of that had to do with you

maggie3fan said:

It was not my intent to belittle you in any way. I did intend on insulting you and get you to use SpelChek. So I apologize to you for you misunderstanding my intended insult.
If I had wanted that newbie to know about MBD I would have told him. I didn't tell him and I don't need any prodding from you to tell me what kind of advice to give. I was talking to him about pyramiding and I didn't want to confuse his newbie brain with the concept of MBD just yet, I give advice a little at a time for new keepers. If you had wanted him to understand about MBD you could have told him yourself. As for the rest...I'm not interested

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Is spell check a forum tool? I dont see it on my browser as well.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
onarock said:

Last I knew, no it isn't. I use Mozilla to get on here and thus use their spell check system, rather on mine it does it automatically by underlining misspelled (or words they think are misspelled like hatchling) with a bright red line. You click on it and it gives you a list of possible words and their spellings for you to choose from.

John

5 Year Member
ya know i've worked with my hands my whole life never really had any use for typing till now.gee i hope i don't become bitter and miserable when i'm old.how's that did i spell it right for ya?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I use mozilla with spell check, and I can't understand why it underlines hatchling every time?

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emysemys said:
OK!!! We can't all be 70 WPM typists.

I'm a 70 WPM person :(

But I understand everything everyone has been saying despite misspelling haha.

I grew up during the internet boom...the LOL's OMG's STFU's LMAO's TTYL's.....more abreviations then I'd like to know really.

I've been apart of so many forums...I just sort of learned how to skim and still understand. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
onarock said:

Last I knew, no it isn't. I use Mozilla to get on here and thus use their spell check system, rather on mine it does it automatically by underlining misspelled (or words they think are misspelled like hatchling) with a bright red line. You click on it and it gives you a list of possible words and their spellings for you to choose from.

Paul: When you see a red squiggly line under a word, you RIGHT click on that word and a window will pop up with other variations on how to spell the word.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Thanks Yvonne. I do know how it works in MS Word or Excell. My browser doesnt have spell check. And TFO doesnt provide one as well. Untill I somehow add a spellcheck to my browser, its not going to get much better.

emysemys said:
Jacqui said:
onarock said:

Paul: When you see a red squiggly line under a word, you RIGHT click on that word and a window will pop up with other variations on how to spell the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.