Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Oh, ok. I just figured it worked that way for everyone. So I guess its my browser (firefox) that puts the red squiggly line under the mis-spelled words. (and whadda' ya' know...(firefox) has a red squiggly line under it. You'd think they'd recognize their own word. Ha!

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
LOL, Yvonne think about this for a second. People are actually bashing me because I dont have spell check. People have backed their position about the spelling thing because I dont have spell check. Let me put it this way. I probably dont spell any worse than anyone else, its just that I dont have spell check. People have attacked me and then said use spell check. So, in reality they are not any better with grammar, thy just have spell check. Too funny.

These are the same people that dont like my line of questioning and cant answer the questions that I ask.

No, no... this is very interesting. I have been giving theses people far too much credit.

emysemys said:
Oh, ok. I just figured it worked that way for everyone. So I guess its my browser (firefox) that puts the red squiggly line under the mis-spelled words. (and whadda' ya' know...(firefox) has a red squiggly line under it. You'd thing they'd recognize their own word. Ha!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I grew up before the net, I had to learn how to spell, I use spell check as a back up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'll tell you what really bugs me (and I'm sorry Squamata, it has nothing to do with politics, but we've all kinda' gotten off the topic anyway). Its the new, young people who come on the forum and treat it like a cell phone. I HATE reading text-speak. We have a full keyboard here on the computer, use it!

OOPS! I guess I'm discriminating against those who get on the 'net on their cell phones. Sorry. But please don't use text speak.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am sorta ok with text speak, I hate it when they use it in real life or at least try to.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Well I don't know how to use spell check on the forum. I am an awful speller and I am dislexic (sp?). So I hope everyone can figure out what I am saying. If not I am sorry. I grew up before the internet and have only been using it for about 4 years.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Angi said:
Well I don't know how to use spell check on the forum. I am an awful speller and I am dislexic (sp?). So I hope everyone can figure out what I am saying. If not I am sorry. I grew up before the internet and have only been using it for about 4 years.

Hey, Angi: If we don't get it the first time, we can try again in your duplicate post! :p

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
HaaHaaaHa.... I promise to have my husband take a look at that. I am glad we can count on Yvonne to find humor in an annoying situation!

HaaHaaaHa.... I promise to have my husband take a look at that. I am glad we can count on Yvonne to find humor in an annoying situation!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've been deleting the dups, but I'll leave that one. It makes a fine statement!

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emysemys said:
I'll tell you what really bugs me (and I'm sorry Squamata, it has nothing to do with politics, but we've all kinda' gotten off the topic anyway). Its the new, young people who come on the forum and treat it like a cell phone. I HATE reading text-speak. We have a full keyboard here on the computer, use it!

OOPS! I guess I'm discriminating against those who get on the 'net on their cell phones. Sorry. But please don't use text speak.

Hey!!! :(

I would take this as a compliment...I can't leave this forum alone. It's on my phone, my work computer and now my ipad. :D

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
terryo said:
I agree Maggie. And visiting Tom would be a dream come true. Damn, I'd give anything to see Tom in shorts.
I talked to Tom at a 2 reptile shows. He's a real nice person and "very down to earth" kinda man. And yeah Terryo, he does look great in shorts!..:p
No worries Tom, 'we got your back'!..;)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I can't leave this thread alone. It is like a train wreck I can't stop looking. I know I shouldn't, but I keep looking anyway.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
Uh-oh! Does that statement I made on my previous post make me a follower??? No way because I think for myself and have my own opinions!
Just my 2cents........hope I don't get in trouble for it.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
This thread would be so great if we were still snowed in.
The concept of a wet verarium for any kind of turtle..tortoise, is not a new one that Tom discovered. My father did it 60 years ago with box turtles. I've been doing it with my boxies for 30 years, and now with Pio for almost four years. Tom just took it to a higher level. The man is happy, having fun with his torts, learning, and posting his findings, to help others. Why is everyone going crazy??? If you don't like what he's saying, posting or claiming....don't read it. If you have torts who are smooth without being in a wet environment....great. We all keep saying "everyone does things differently", so..........
The weather is getting nice now, lets just have fun and start posting pictures of our torts enjoying the great outdoors, and forget about these "snowy day" argumentative posts.
Missy's son is coming home for two weeks....lets think about that!

John

5 Year Member
terryo said:
This thread would be so great if we were still snowed in.
The concept of a wet verarium for any kind of turtle..tortoise, is not a new one that Tom discovered. My father did it 60 years ago with box turtles. I've been doing it with my boxies for 30 years, and now with Pio for almost four years. Tom just took it to a higher level. The man is happy, having fun with his torts, learning, and posting his findings, to help others. Why is everyone going crazy??? If you don't like what he's saying, posting or claiming....don't read it. If you have torts who are smooth without being in a wet environment....great. We all keep saying "everyone does things differently", so..........
The weather is getting nice now, lets just have fun and start posting pictures of our torts enjoying the great outdoors, and forget about these "snowy day" argumentative posts.
Missy's son is coming home for two weeks....lets think about that!

enough said

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
Angi said:
Hmmmmm.....What could it be???????? Maybe Marty is really a 50 year old man pretending to be a 15 year old girl or could Tom really be a cat trainer. Or maybe Onarock really lives in Ohio. Maybe Yvonne doesn't really run a rescue, but likes turtle soup. Or maybe I am really a hot young chick that is sick of getting hit on by rich, handsome men so I pretend to be a middle aged married mom.

What ever it is I know one thing for sure. I have learned a lot here and truely appriciate all of you and your great advice. And to top it off nobody that I know of has complained about the fact that I can't spell and am tecknology retarted.

God bless you all and I hope you can work this out:)

How did you know!?!?! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
gummybearpoop said:
ZzZZzZZz.... how sad.

You just HAD to bump it, didn't you. It was dying a slow death.

Status
Not open for further replies.