Possible pimple on turtle's foot

LacyJoy

Location (City and/or State)
Land O Lakes
I have a Florida red belly cooter and on her foot between her toes I found a weird pimple thing. Thought it was a piece of food so I tried removing it but after that stuff came out of it. I've never seen this problem before so I'm unsure if I should go to the vet. I only squeezed it a little but more kept coming so I stopped, since I didn't feel like I should be the one doing that in case it may get infected or something. I brought her in for the night so I'm hoping after it dries out it'll be better tomorrow. If anyone has ever had this happen please let me know what I should do. The water is always kept pretty clean so I don't know what it could be. Thanks

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
@Yvonne G should be able to help. Maybe post pictures if you can.

LacyJoy

Land O Lakes
I have a Florida red belly cooter and on her foot between her toes I found a weird pimple thing. Thought it was a piece of food so I tried removing it but after that stuff came out of it. I've never seen this problem before so I'm unsure if I should go to the vet. I only squeezed it a little but more kept coming so I stopped, since I didn't feel like I should be the one doing that in case it may get infected or something. I brought her in for the night so I'm hoping after it dries out it'll be better tomorrow. If anyone has ever had this happen please let me know what I should do. The water is always kept pretty clean so I don't know what it could be. Thanks
Quick update! Her and her foot seem to be doing fine, but after multiple calls no vets seem to be available today (only have today). I cleaned the pool and I'm just going to keep an eye on it and continue praying it will heal. There is still puss coming out but it's not moving because it's not liquidy enough (gross, I know). Haven't found anyone else who has had this issue so I am unsure on what to do. Thanks again

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Can you post a picture?

LacyJoy

Land O Lakes
Can you post a picture?
She doesn't seem to mind that much when I touch it and is still using it. After some of it came out there looked like there was a very small hole in her skin. You can see it better in the second photo

Attachments

• IMG_2202.JPG
    IMG_2202.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2207.JPG
    IMG_2207.JPG
    617.8 KB · Views: 3

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I'm not an expert but sounds like it may have been an abscess, if it doesn't go away try hydrogen peroxide

Reactions: Ink

LacyJoy

Land O Lakes
I'm not an expert but sounds like it may have been an abscess, if it doesn't go away try hydrogen peroxide
She has had the bump on her cheek/ear once before and that just fell off on its own. This looked more like a pimple or infection but like I said this isn't something I've had issues with before so I'm exactly sure what to do. Is there a video or website explaining how to do that right? Thanks