Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I agree coons are just so darn cute you hate to do anything mean to them, even though you really need to do so often.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well Jeff's student went home to do some paperwork for his state and then called to say he is sick. So after sitting in the yard waiting for him for a day and a half, Jeff will have to do small runs until he is well and can come back. Jeff of course doesn't want him back until he is well and is hoping he didn't catch whatever it is he has gotten sick with. Jeff was hoping to get a run to CA in for me, but no such luck for now. :(

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Some excitement in the morning I will say. Did he finally escaped?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's another beautiful sunny fall day here again. Heavy dew in the morning followed by low 80s for temps. Means no real excuse (except laziness) for not doing some yardwork.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Morning Mr Steven! How are you and yours this am? No thanks on the coffee (don't drink it). Am sitting here with a glass of OJ.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Well Jeff's student went home to do some paperwork for his state and then called to say he is sick. So after sitting in the yard waiting for him for a day and a half, Jeff will have to do small runs until he is well and can come back. Jeff of course doesn't want him back until he is well and is hoping he didn't catch whatever it is he has gotten sick with. Jeff was hoping to get a run to CA in for me, but no such luck for now. :(

Tough life style of a trucker. Now he have two people's schedule to consider. I'm Sorry for his time wasted.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That's cool... I like drift wood for some reason, maybe because it's free? I had an ammonite fossil as a kid.

I love driftwood. Some are just so beautiful. Wish I had some pieces in my enclosures.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Morning Mr Steven! How are you and yours this am? No thanks on the coffee (don't drink it). Am sitting here with a glass of OJ.

I'm well. Enjoy the weekend before headed out to Asia for another month.

Getting chill in the morning now in the Northern California. Much less time for our torts to enjoy the sun bath.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tough life style of a trucker. Now he have two people's schedule to consider. I'm Sorry for his time wasted.

We are finding that having a student can some times be worse for you. You get a student in order to do more miles which equals more pay. Some students though are always wanting to go home. Usually having a student go home makes serious dents in about two weeks of your time. Would be so nice if they would come, stay on the truck for the about 6 weeks it takes to get in their miles, and then once they are done and on their own time go home. It also means Jeff will have the student when it's time in three weeks for him to come home for his next round of Drs and tests. Jeff hates having the students sit in a motel wasting their time, when it's because of him being home so he won't stay as long at home. (yeah yeah
I know I whine a lot :) )

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'm well. Enjoy the weekend before headed out to Asia for another month.

Getting chill in the morning now in the Northern California. Much less time for our torts to enjoy the sun bath.

Your just as bad as a truckdriver never being home. :( I miss the long days, too along with the tortoises.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
My dog with lymphoma seems to be going down hill a bit. She was diagnosed 23 days ago and has been on prednisone since. Most of the past three weeks she has been great and in good spirits despite losing weight and becoming bony. Last week she started with diarrhea and I got meds from the vet for that. Yesterday she started with vomiting. She seems just a bit quieter than she has been but still looks forward to meals. I don't want to let her go too soon but I don't want her to suffer at all either. She doesn't deserve that. I'm thinking of making a tentative appointment to let her go on Friday. I don't know. I don't know what to do. :(

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
You have the full right to whine. It is understandable the frustration. I will say : Jeff just way too considered. Did he get pay the tuition for taking on this student? He better.........

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My dog with lymphoma seems to be going down hill a bit. She was diagnosed 23 days ago and has been on prednisone since. Most of the past three weeks she has been great and in good spirits despite losing weight and becoming bony. Last week she started with diarrhea and I got meds from the vet for that. Yesterday she started with vomiting. She seems just a bit quieter than she has been but still looks forward to meals. I don't want to let her go too soon but I don't want her to suffer at all either. She doesn't deserve that. I'm thinking of making a tentative appointment to let her go on Friday. I don't know. I don't know what to do. :(

*hugs* It's a tough choice to make. :(

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Your just as bad as a truckdriver never being home. :( I miss the long days, too along with the tortoises.
But it pays the bills, so Mrs have nothing to complain to. .....

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You have the full right to whine. It is understandable the frustration. I will say : Jeff just way too considered. Did he get pay the tuition for taking on this student? He better.........

I can't recall the exact mileage they get paid but we will use these pretend numbers okay. If you drive by yourself you get .15 a mile. With a student it is .10 but you also get paid for all miles the truck is driven not just your own miles. Then after all is said and done, if the student passes his last testings and gets to go out as a full fledged driver you get a $500 bonus. So if things work right and you get the student and really get going trucking you can make good money. Doesn't usually seem to go good most of the time. For instance this driver needs more work backing up, so Jeff plans to ask for WalMart loads where you take from their DC and go to a couple of WalMarts to unload (so lots of practice backing up but not so many miles)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
But it pays the bills, so Mrs have nothing to complain to. .....

One way to look at it, but the other is some things are more important then money. ;) I bet she has days like me when she would trade in the money for time with you there. The lives we have chosen to live are not always happy ones.