Pretend Chat 2.14

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Morning. I'm hoping to have a fairly decent day today. As bad as it was yesterday it may get worse today. Sometimes construction just sucks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm in 'construction' today too. But I'm my own boss, so I can quit whenever I want. I'm going to cut up some of the scrap lumber I use for firewood until my back kills me, then I'm going to try to get started on one of the doors for Dudley's new house. Then lunch. I live for lunch!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Wow, $256. It's $1.00 a sq ft. I guess it's a bit more because we have natural stone so they need to use different chemicals. Not sure I'm buying that sales pitch but I do know we need to be careful with the stone. Yikes! I declined and they lowered it to .90 cents a sq. Still a big fat NO!
Yikes!! If I was local I'd bring my cleaning vacuum and just ask that you buy the cleaner you want (and feed me lol). Its nothing fancy but the vaccum does the job, I just had to clean our downstairs carpet since we got rid of the couch and got the old chairs from upstairs. Looks so good and smelled so nice!

over here you can rent out steam cleaning vaccums at walmart and other places, you just have to put in the labor, that's what i'd do if I didn't have a vaccum.

Heck i'm pretty sure you can get one of the cleaning vacs for less than they'd be charging you, and you could use it any time you want!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
It's a shame that they charge $999 to buy the complete series on DVD. Better than the $3k they were going for before but still.
Holy guacamole!!! that's quite expensive for DVDs... they really are just asking people to take the roundabout not-so-legit free way about finding these online!
... now I want the DVDs!!!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Good morning!!!

Got the estimates on splitting my yard with a picket fence with a gate.

$425 for a 3ft fence and $375 for a 2 ft fence with gate. All inclusive.
Do you think I should go with 3 ft or 3 ft for my leopard fence?