Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Ha! Well, it is your civic duty, after all. I'm glad I'm so old I don't have to be in the pool anymore.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
My son-in-law has heated socks and gloves for when he goes on m/c trips. They have a little battery pack.
I need heated socks. My feet are the same temp as the house at 75. And that's wrapped up in a throw. Thankfully my hands are only a little cool.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Looking forward to tomorrow as it's our hot day of the week with a temp expected of mid 40s. After that comes colder weather, chances of snow, and several single digit nights. I didn't bother to check out the expected winds. :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I need to fund a bio-tech company, to build the next generation of hurrican proof dogs.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Music from the 80's is just so awesome.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I love the numa numa guy/

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I started out in my early 20's as an AT&T long distance operator. Then I was the supervisor, then the scheduling/payroll clerk. From that I went to the Engineering department as a drafting clerk and was promoted to supervisor. Went to AT&T school and became a communications engineer. My main job as an engineer was as the Joint Pole Engineer. We took care of the poles and poles we owned jointly with the power company. We had to figure out what size poles and anchors to place to hold the size cables that were going to be put up, replaced broken poles, etc. I loved that job. It was very fulfilling. I retired with 30 years of service quite a few years ago. Now I'm a tortoise engineer!

I remember reading this in another thread! I had forgotten. I was curious. I always like hearing about what people do have have done for a living. My sister in law worked for AT&T for 30 yrs also. She loved it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am feeling in a bratty mood. I wanna go to Chicago or some place with lots of snow and park in a PUBLIC parking spot that somebody has decided is their private spot. Maybe score some free furniture too! :)

Just got done giving Barb a hard time about it. *snicker snicker*