Pretend Chat 2.14

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
You wouldn't be able to sleep here, then :p The pumps provide a lovely background or humming, the cats usually sound like they're being eaten bu the ducts, and there are also usually racoons outside :rolleyes:
No timed-candles, even?

I think the raccoons or anything going bump outside would be the worse.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

latest

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Well, it's been nice talking to you folks, and thanks very much for 'listening', for your help and advice. Appreciate it all.

I'm NOW going to try and get some sleep; it's very nearly 2am!!! Good night everyone and sweet dreams!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have trouble falling asleep and the two things that can (but not always) help are a fan and an audio book (but only if a boring one).

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I have trouble falling asleep and the two things that can (but not always) help are a fan and an audio book (but only if a boring one).

How do you like audiobooks? I guess compared to reading. I thought about listening to them while I work but I don't know if I'd be able to really follow the story like that.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How do you like audiobooks? I guess compared to reading. I thought about listening to them while I work but I don't know if I'd be able to really follow the story like that.

I like them for long night time driving. I find I can not listen and do other work at the same time to enjoy the books. I prefer reading (and from a "real" book. Often the books I get are ones I already read. I kinda like how others think characters should sound.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Good evening everyone.
Today I went back to the prison camps with my friend and this time found the cemetery and burial plot that we couldn't find last time. Then went to another local Cemetery that has a spooky reputation and got the nickname "spider gates" since the starburst shaped gates are pretty distinctive. So it was an interesting day.
Cemetery by the prison remains
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432164484.960059.jpg

The burial plot, notice the disconcerting sunken in spots, only could mean one thing
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432164618.708765.jpg

An finally the spider gates. This old but still in use cemetery has a lot of spooky rumors but many descriptions I read in my research before going weren't even right.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432164833.835705.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432164888.169884.jpg
This specific stone had many rumors, but I took my picture and respected his rest, I'm not *hunting* for ghostly experiences, just inviting them to see me if they'd like to be known.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1432164901.302174.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Five rabbits! Wow! A friend of mine living in Spain had ONE-notice ONE, but it drove her nuts. She said your exact words: messy, noisy and even dirty.So I thought: 'A rabbit would not be the right pet for me.'
[/QUOTE]

I think she might have meant birds.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I do love rain. The music it makes, especially on an old tin roof. The way it smell so fresh, like it wipes away the bad and gives earth a fresh start. The magical way it can turn everything green and bring fouth the blooms. I love stomping on mud puddles and rescuing worms.

However after a couple of weeks, it is getting a bit old.

I love it when it rains too. Sitting by the woodstove with a lovely fire burning and a good book and my feet up on the hearth in front of the stove. Love it!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
(...hastily googles 'petrichor'...) Ah, yes: "the earthy smell accompanying the first rain after a long dry spell"

I love that too!!! :p
I think it's the only special word in English that describes a specific smell, not just in a general terms like delicious or sweet, or adding a y like lemony or tomatoey. Not sure though.