Pretend Chat 2.14

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
I know people say torts can't hear but he definitely stops in his tracks when I call his name and looks around, so Iolo is as close as I can get to Lola, Mind you he would probably answer (or not) to anything!
To be quite honest, I don't believe everything I hear from people. However, this I remember we studied: torts do not hear but only feel vibrations. Now, since I've had Oli, I 've somewhat confirmed that they don't hear: I'd call 'Oli' even SHOUT, but there'd be no reaction whatsoever. If they do hear, hope Oli isn't....deaf!! And don't forget there'd ALWAYS be contradicting info, unless we talk of mathematics where 1+1=2.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
To be quite honest, I don't believe everything I hear from people. However, this I remember we studied: torts do not hear but only feel vibrations. Now, since I've had Oli, I 've somewhat confirmed that they don't hear: I'd call 'Oli' even SHOUT, but there'd be no reaction whatsoever. If they do hear, hope Oli isn't....deaf!! And don't forget there'd ALWAYS be contradicting info, unless we talk of mathematics where 1+1=2.
They have ears and can hear, Gillian, though not on the same frequencies as us, mostly, and it is not their best sense.
I will send you the science of it by PM, to show how 1+1 might equal roughly 2.

taza

5 Year Member
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
I'm so ready to open a beer! Holiday weekends seems to justify drinking in the afternoon.

We just decided a couple of hours ago that we may rip out our bedroom carpet and put Pergo down! Yay!! My dogs ruin the real wood so we are going with a laminate.
Bamboo laminate holds up very well to pets.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
They have ears and can hear, Gillian, though not on the same frequencies as us, mostly, and it is not their best sense.
I will send you the science of it by PM, to show how 1+1 might equal roughly 2.
Please do. BUT.....there's NO 'roughly' in a subject AS CLEAR AS MATHEMATICS! In fact, this is the reason it was my favourite subject: NO 'maybe/probably/ROUGHLY' and the rest. Know what I mean?
Adam.....is this another one of YOUR 'jokes?'

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Please do. BUT.....there's NO 'roughly' in a subject AS CLEAR AS MATHEMATICS! In fact, this is the reason it was my favourite subject: NO 'maybe/probably/ROUGHLY' and the rest. Know what I mean?
Adam.....is this another one of YOUR 'jokes?'
No, I'll get round to it, science isn't a joke, but it's not always as simple as 1+1, we still guess a bit, based on research and understanding as far as it has been taken.
It's often theoretical, rather than absolute.