Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Do you ever get in a fight with the hose? I'm so over it!
It kinks, or gets stuck on something while pulling it or it trips me!! Ugh!!

Just needed to vent!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning everyone:)
Had a busy weekend and starting a busy week.

My daughter got to leave school early on Friday. It was pretty funny, like something out of a movie... a child threw up in the first grade lunch line and all the kids nearby (including my daughter) daughter started throwing up too! It made me think of Chunk's movie theater throw up dialogue from "Goonies." :D

School policy is that the kids HAVE to go home no matter what. The school office was packed with disheveled kids waiting for parents! I could not stop myself from laughing as I signed my daughter out. A couple people couldn't help themselves and joined in a bit. It was just so ridiculous. Funny day to be a parent, but a bad day to be a janitor that day!

I hope it was just a chain reaction, and not really something wrong with her. Yuck. I didn't mind poopy diapers, but the vomit really got to me. Can't do that!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning everyone:)
*waves at Jacqui:)*

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Just needed to vent!

No matter what kind you buy, you just can't roll them up without getting a twist in it. Very irritating! My daughter gave me a nice wall mounted hose minder for Christmas one year, and even though it pulls the hose straight in as you turn the handle to roll it up, it still twists the hose. I feel your pain!

Yesterday I just couldn't seem to get warm, so I took my book and a pillow out to the new greenhouse and sat on the tortoise night box reading. It was about 80F in there. After reading for about an hour I was finally warm enough to go back in the house. The pillow/night box situation wasn't the most comfortable in the world. Today I think I'll take a lawn chair instead.

Yesterday I sent a test alert to little nicky poo and he never responded. I guess he's outgrown us. Sorry to see that.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas

My daughter got to leave school early on Friday. It was pretty funny, like something out of a movie... a child threw up in the first grade lunch line and all the kids nearby (including my daughter) daughter started throwing up too! It made me think of Chunk's movie theater throw up dialogue from "Goonies." :D

School policy is that the kids HAVE to go home no matter what. The school office was packed with disheveled kids waiting for parents! I could not stop myself from laughing as I signed my daughter out. A couple people couldn't help themselves and joined in a bit. It was just so ridiculous. Funny day to be a parent, but a bad day to be a janitor that day!
LOL!! This reminds me of when my brother was in first grade and some kid picked his nose and then stuck his finger in his mouth. My brother immediately threw up and it started a similar chain reaction and a bunch of other kids threw up. They were all lined up on the black top with other classes so it made kids in nearby lines also throw up. Ew!!!! Lol. Thankfully all that nastiness was outside and not in the building.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
And I hope you are all well this afternoon. I'm feeling a little more anxiety and stress than I'd like but I'm tough as hell so I don't expect it to get too much worse. I guess that's why I have fibro though. The dr did mention that past extreme stress and trauma is likely the reason I developed the fibro. So I guess mentally I can handle anything but stress will break you down, one way or another. And in my case...my body. -sigh-

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

I shudder to think of a chain reaction throw up line.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I would have thrown up too.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
And I hope you are all well this afternoon. I'm feeling a little more anxiety and stress than I'd like but I'm tough as hell so I don't expect it to get too much worse. I guess that's why I have fibro though. The dr did mention that past extreme stress and trauma is likely the reason I developed the fibro. So I guess mentally I can handle anything but stress will break you down, one way or another. And in my case...my body. -sigh-

Do the tortoises help to destress you?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Just needed to vent!

I have one of those black soaker hose the flood moved under a tree and in a walking path. Being lazy like I am, I have not yet gotten it moved/picked up. Every so often, if I am not paying attention, it raises itself up just enough to trip me.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
No matter what kind you buy, you just can't roll them up without getting a twist in it. Very irritating! My daughter gave me a nice wall mounted hose minder for Christmas one year, and even though it pulls the hose straight in as you turn the handle to roll it up, it still twists the hose. I feel your pain!

Yesterday I just couldn't seem to get warm, so I took my book and a pillow out to the new greenhouse and sat on the tortoise night box reading. It was about 80F in there. After reading for about an hour I was finally warm enough to go back in the house. The pillow/night box situation wasn't the most comfortable in the world. Today I think I'll take a lawn chair instead.

Yesterday I sent a test alert to little nicky poo and he never responded. I guess he's outgrown us. Sorry to see that.

See next you will be in a swing like me. Lol

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I have one of those black soaker hose the flood moved under a tree and in a walking path. Being lazy like I am, I have not yet gotten it moved/picked up. Every so often, if I am not paying attention, it raises itself up just enough to trip me.
Or trips the hubby..oops

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

The greenhouse sounds so cozy!
My reading glasses probably would have fogged up!

I really liked Nick! I wish he would say hello!

Our clouds are threatening rain! I'm praying it comes before 5pm so makes my evening a bit easier with soccer cancelled because I have the baby this afternoon.