Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
There is now a thin white layer on everything. Mocha, one of my dogs, is getting so excited. To her, nothing is better then playing in drifts of snow.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
suddenly everything seemed so far away

"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
oh, I believe in yesterday
Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly."

View attachment 157224
Missing this guy sooooooo much.
His dogs know...
View attachment 157225
View attachment 157226
The dog in these two pictures keeps giving me this look and last night barged into my dads room where I've been sleeping and slept at the foot of the bed on the floor.
Hi guys. It's been another exhausting day. Took my rental car back to Salt Lake City because it was due back but I can't go home yet. Still so much to be done.

So very sorry, Monica. What will happen with the dogs now? What a nice picture you have to remind you of the good times.

I'm dealing with pains all over. I had knee surgery in July, and I'm still swollen and sore. I'll try to post pics of my new invention to separate the two boys into their own spaces. All hubby has to do is open the shed door, and they could leave the shed at will, or not. Baby Runt's section is cut off since I put her in her own separate garden. Next spring, she gets her own shed since her scent makes the boys crazy. On a sad note, my grandson died in a truck accident a day before my knee surgery. He was only 21 and just married two months before. He left a young wife and baby daughter.

That's terrible, Sylvia. I'm so sorry this happened.

I hope that if I ever have to run from the cops one day (fingers crossed) that I have the wherewithal to yell out the window you can call me mint jelly cause im on the lamb.

Despite the terrible pun, I had this picture in my mind of David rolling down the street as fast as his little hands could make him go, in his wheel chair with the Keystone cops waving their night sticks and running after him, tumbling and tripping!

Good morning!

Hey, Jacqui! Seems like you've jumped right out of summer into winter! I hope you have all the outdoor chores taken care of.

Today is my leaf raking day. I still need to pile up more leaves over the desert and Texas tortoises' hibernaculums. The two sulcatas I'm babysitting are doing ok. One's in the house the other's outside. He comes and goes into the night house all on his own. It's really amazing how they learn so quickly how to get through the vinyl strip door into the night house. I've got them for another week.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
"Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
oh, I believe in yesterday
Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly."

So very sorry, Monica. What will happen with the dogs now? What a nice picture you have to remind you of the good times.

That's terrible, Sylvia. I'm so sorry this happened.

Despite the terrible pun, I had this picture in my mind of David rolling down the street as fast as his little hands could make him go, in his wheel chair with the Keystone cops waving their night sticks and running after him, tumbling and tripping!

Hey, Jacqui! Seems like you've jumped right out of summer into winter! I hope you have all the outdoor chores taken care of.

Today is my leaf raking day. I still need to pile up more leaves over the desert and Texas tortoises' hibernaculums. The two sulcatas I'm babysitting are doing ok. One's in the house the other's outside. He comes and goes into the night house all on his own. It's really amazing how they learn so quickly how to get through the vinyl strip door into the night house. I've got them for another week.
terrible pun? That pun was brilliant and you know it.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last time

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Have a pork roast with BBQ seasonings on it cooking away in the kitchen.

I'll bet your house smells wonderful!!! I've been wanting to try pork in the crock pot for pulled pork sandwiches.

Prairie Mom

Hello Jacqui and Chit chatters:)

I just wanted to show these chocolates my sister in law made.
star wars chocolate.JPG

I'm suddenly feeling a forceful desire for chocolate! ---Get it!? cuz you know...star wars...

grim comedy.jpg

Prairie Mom

I couldn't help but notice some of the tragic posts by @Elohi and @sibi! I'm so sorry! -Truly. I suspect Thanksgiving is cursed. I've seen tragedy strike so many times around this holiday. I just wanted you guys to know I'm thinking of you and hope peace can enter into your lives soon!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
In just 3 weeks the days will begin increasing in sun time. My guest groundhog found the stash of apples, I wish I had seen it trying to carry them to the burrow, he only got one over the fence but the others were spread all over the place.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hello Jacqui and Chit chatters:)

I just wanted to show these chocolates my sister in law made.
View attachment 157288

I'm suddenly feeling a forceful desire for chocolate! ---Get it!? cuz you know...star wars...

View attachment 157289

Mmmne I want some! She did a great job. Jedi I tell you how much I like choclate? Don't think you will need a light saber to bite into them.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
In just 3 weeks the days will begin increasing in sun time. My guest groundhog found the stash of apples, I wish I had seen it trying to carry them to the burrow, he only got one over the fence but the others were spread all over the place.

That would have been something to see. Three more weeks, huh? :( I can survive, I know I can...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'll bet your house smells wonderful!!! I've been wanting to try pork in the crock pot for pulled pork sandwiches.

Can only smell it in the kitchen so far. It will be pulled pork sandwiches minus the yucky bread. ;)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I brought in from the pickup this morning a bed I bought for the little dogs. Since I placed it on the floor, the lab mix has made it his. He extends in all directions over this bed. Makes me grin each time I look over at him.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Just remember to cook it almost all day!! The longer the more tender and easier to pull apart.
I usually cook a loin about 6 hours.