Location (City and/or State)
CA
Sock it to me

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
hey you yes I'm talking to you get out of my mind. You won't like it in there.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
its gotta be jelly cause jam don't shake like that :)

gamera154

grand terrace ca
warning ramdom words coming

i warned you

bfjebgkebwhgbfj;bgvbd hgvjdsbfhjbdgkbdbghbdhv dsbchviegbwvh frbgyi ifreu hbvui hnfukdibv ibgh vfekib ˙bvujdebvuif gbfhre bvudfikubfu i;huvo ;dhn udo ;hn uofrhnuvfd;hnguvrehgjorhbfuoswhnufuow'qoipqiehnguqbvueiq bnjkewbfiqwfwjipqe;ufpnhuvgrwbyvptgbpvyeuwbvyi pyh7rtphg74uh3bgvy853 njewgb rygbyirg84 h7348r b47yoghf 4ryg4byvgr3bh748e03thfciqqpowejnfcuivwycbgsaujk,asubzmzbcwkqgfuwhbufu3bewuvwfy7384gty4i2bfy94egf837nbg y784 47bc y784n3hcb

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

i warned you

bfjebgkebwhgbfj;bgvbd hgvjdsbfhjbdgkbdbghbdhv dsbchviegbwvh frbgyi ifreu hbvui hnfukdibv ibgh vfekib ˙bvujdebvuif gbfhre bvudfikubfu i;huvo ;dhn udo ;hn uofrhnuvfd;hnguvrehgjorhbfuoswhnufuow'qoipqiehnguqbvueiq bnjkewbfiqwfwjipqe;ufpnhuvgrwbyvptgbpvyeuwbvyi pyh7rtphg74uh3bgvy853 njewgb rygbyirg84 h7348r b47yoghf 4ryg4byvgr3bh748e03thfciqqpowejnfcuivwycbgsaujk,asubzmzbcwkqgfuwhbufu3bewuvwfy7384gty4i2bfy94egf837nbg y784 47bc y784n3hcb

Hmmmm....

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA

i warned you

those actually aren't words just random letters

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
for example shoe monkey aardvark house three yellow blue monkey monkey monkey apple tree kind house left monkey

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
@Momof4 - More than likely it can be developed just fine. Some films fair better than others. I would take it to a legitimate photo lab. Most places will develop in black and white first and then reprocess for color because sometimes you can get black and white images after the color emulsion has gone bad.

Online you can send film to https://thedarkroom.com/ or FRI: http://www.filmrescue.com/old-still-film-developing/ (Read this link to learn about which films fair best and the BW / Color process. I've developed found film from the 1950's with moderate success. Because I collect vintage cameras i have found a lot of forgotten film.

Found Film 70's? - Developed in 2014

Camera from 1930's - Date unknown - Developed 2014

Found in a 1958 Camera (very damaged):

I'm willing to bet there is hope for your roll :D
How exciting to find old films from the past! I love the 50s photo. Do you ever manage to find out who is in the pics or is that too mammoth a task and they are untraceable?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey all! Hope you all have great Sundays.

I'm doing laundry. I've let it go for three weeks! That's really not too bad, as there's only one of me, but instead of 2 loads, it means 4 loads.

Supposed to be another beautiful day today. I got a lot accomplished outside yesterday. Hopefully I'll be able to get more done today.

There's nothing worse than car trouble. I feel your pain.

Where's Jeff off to, Jacqui?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
@Momof4 - More than likely it can be developed just fine. Some films fair better than others. I would take it to a legitimate photo lab. Most places will develop in black and white first and then reprocess for color because sometimes you can get black and white images after the color emulsion has gone bad.

Online you can send film to https://thedarkroom.com/ or FRI: http://www.filmrescue.com/old-still-film-developing/ (Read this link to learn about which films fair best and the BW / Color process. I've developed found film from the 1950's with moderate success. Because I collect vintage cameras i have found a lot of forgotten film.

Found Film 70's? - Developed in 2014

Camera from 1930's - Date unknown - Developed 2014

Found in a 1958 Camera (very damaged):

I'm willing to bet there is hope for your roll :D

Thank you for all the info!! I'll mail mine to one of the labs you recommended. I'm so excited!
Those pics you should were awesome!!

M

Maggie Cummings

I remember now it did bend the valve, which they replaced but they claimed it didn't drop the valve into the cylinder and touch the piston. I still have the hardest time believing that. I made them SHOW me my broken keeper, spring, and bent valve in the shop. They did not like having a woman in there. I will be ALLLLLLLLL up in the shop this time. Sorry boys, it's my car and we've been paying a fortune for it so..... Scoot over and make room...

I have sympathy for you. Nothing worse then a company or mechanic you can't trust. I drive a 26 yr old car, put 250K on the first engine, no problems, 2nd engine I didn't like, it was a 350, took it out. so now my 26 yr old car has had 3 engines by my choice, and many miles put on it. Broke the flywheel once and had a heating problem once.
My son has a (Subaru) and like every other Subaru in Oregon he has replaced a blown engine at 30K and now 6 or so years later he's replaced 4 count'em four head gaskets. My neighbor has the same car and had replaced one engine and 2 head gaskets in 4 years.
That's why I say, buy and drive
American.

and DON'T buy a Subaru

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I've killed 3 subarus. I don't know why I kept going back. Now that I am dating a mechanic who won't work on them I have a Ford pick up with almost 300k on it and he can fix anything in a flash.
Speaking of my mechanic...he is sleep talking up a storm this morning.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I was just reading my fb statuses from when this happened before with my car. It was 2 1/2 yrs ago. And I don't think the valve was bent, just the broken keeper and valve spring. I can't wait to deal with this tomorrow....uhhh not.