Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Finally got my son to come down and dig me some holes for my collection of clearance plants. Between my knees and my shoulder, I am getting to old to even plant them once the holes are dug. :( He made about fifty holes, but I only got about a third of them planted. Got to leave something for tomorrow.

He moved outside some sheep tubs and aquariums for me to clean and bleach and put into storage. Then unloaded the trailer I had loaded with weeds and branches

It was a nice day, too bad I have to go to work now.:rolleyes:

What types of plants are you planting? Seems like the wrong time of year for gardening. Sounds like you had a productive day.

M

Maggie Cummings

That's a 197O for f100 . Chopped and welded to a 2002 Crown Victoria with a 4.6 L motor and all the AC / heat and controls from the Crown Victoria . It's not bagged . It's not lowered it's a Crown Victoria car with a truck body on it . The Jeep was just a body . We built the frame and put 2013 dodge front axles and rear end. Set the Jeep body on it . It's running a 350 engine with straight headers . Has a mean mother thumper cam in it . To give it that mean lope at a idle.

Man, I wish I was closer so you could put headers and straight pipes on my car. You got it going dude, I LOVE that truck!

M

Maggie Cummings

It's a desert tortoise. They're protected in their home states. But so are the wood turtles, and I've seen them for sale in states where they aren't native, so I'm guessing it's ok to sell a desert tortoise that isn't in its native state????

Why do you answer a question without the question??? Someone found Gopherus agassizii?????? Sell one???? NO!!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

come on, details please

I got sucked into puppy sitting for the week end. do not care for dogs. But this is 1/8th of a dog, 10 weeks, part Chihuahua and part mini dachshund (?) The cats are having a fit, and he lives with a fat cat he plays with, so he just pestered the life outa Maks, and she'd hiss and spit, but she never hit him. Good girl!
I thought he was so funny, he wasn't afraid at all, he'd jump at her and bark, and jump back. He was so funny! I enjoyed having him. His owner came back early. Actually he was so good, I was disappointed she came back early.
Well, thanks to Mathew, I have a triple header today. Adios, I'm off to the church of NASCAR......

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I got sucked into puppy sitting for the week end. do not care for dogs. But this is 1/8th of a dog, 10 weeks, part Chihuahua and part mini dachshund (?) The cats are having a fit, and he lives with a fat cat he plays with, so he just pestered the life outa Maks, and she'd hiss and spit, but she never hit him. Good girl!
I thought he was so funny, he wasn't afraid at all, he'd jump at her and bark, and jump back. He was so funny! I enjoyed having him. His owner came back early. Actually he was so good, I was disappointed she came back early.
Well, thanks to Mathew, I have a triple header today. Adios, I'm off to the church of NASCAR......

*grumbles* I know, my radio station has the car races on. Boy, does the drive get longer, when you are trying to stay awake with no radio noise.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What types of plants are you planting? Seems like the wrong time of year for gardening. Sounds like you had a productive day.

This was just the Althea (Rose of Sharon), hardy hibiscus and butterfly bushes. I have iris, daylilies, coneflowers, a couple of trees,a couple of roses, hostas, and a few others to plant. Fall is about tied with spring for best planting time.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Taking a break after planting right more.

Gonna tell on myself here. The last couple of days the nights have been a bit nippy (mid 30s to mid 40s), so tortoises have been going on and out. Was a nice sunny morning, as I was walking my dogs. My mind was on things I needed to do. As I went by some grape vines growing on my fence, I snapped off a few to feed these two smaller sulcatas. I was noticing how these sulcatas aren't out of their tunnels yet and I don't recall seeing them all day yesterday. I left the leaves in the enclosure planning I would be back and pull them out of the tunnels and into the sunshine to warm up.

Did a few more chores, took some tortoises out and grabbed another handful of grape leaves to feed inside. As I was feeding the leaves I glanced down to see two sulcatas glancing up at me. Seems those missing sulcatas had been pulled inside, because duh the last nights were too cold. :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Taking a break after planting right more.

Gonna tell on myself here. The last couple of days the nights have been a bit nippy (mid 30s to mid 40s), so tortoises have been going on and out. Was a nice sunny morning, as I was walking my dogs. My mind was on things I needed to do. As I went by some grape vines growing on my fence, I snapped off a few to feed these two smaller sulcatas. I was noticing how these sulcatas aren't out of their tunnels yet and I don't recall seeing them all day yesterday. I left the leaves in the enclosure planning I would be back and pull them out of the tunnels and into the sunshine to warm up.

Did a few more chores, took some tortoises out and grabbed another handful of grape leaves to feed inside. As I was feeding the leaves I glanced down to see two sulcatas glancing up at me. Seems those missing sulcatas had been pulled inside, because duh the last nights were too cold. :rolleyes:

It's hell to get old!

M

Maggie Cummings

*grumbles* I know, my radio station has the car races on. Boy, does the drive get longer, when you are trying to stay awake with no radio noise.

Having spent some time in Nebraska, I know what you actually mean is, "I am so tired but the only radio station that I can pull in has those darned races on, but some noise is better than none"....sorry J...:(
WAIT.....No noise? No listening to the race? Silence is better than listening to a race? huh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Speaking of car radios...I used to have the car radio tuned to a local AM station that carried Rush Limbaugh. I enjoyed listening to him for the entertainment value, not necessarily for his political views. Then that station decided to go all sports and the dropped all the talk shows. So I went online to see if Rush would be on any other local radio station, and found that he would be on FM 96.7. So I tuned my car radio to FM96.7. After a few months I just got tired of noise when I'm driving, so I turned the radio off, and I haven't had it on for about a year now. So last Friday I decided to see what old Rush has to say about our two political candidates, and guess what? There is no way to get an FM station on my car radio. I've looked it over carefully, and there's no button to push or switch to click - no FM. I've had this truck for eleven years. I KNOW I haven't gone eleven years without the radio on, and the last time it was on I was listening to FM. So did someone steal my radio and replace it with an AM only radio? I guess I'm going to have to get my truck's booklet and do some reading.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Having spent some time in Nebraska, I know what you actually mean is, "I am so tired but the only radio station that I can pull in has those darned races on, but some noise is better than none"....sorry J...:(
WAIT.....No noise? No listening to the race? Silence is better than listening to a race? huh

Watching a race on TV is tolerable, but just listening drives me craxy. Same goes for any sport.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Building a new pond . My boy and his son are helping.

Ahhh a preform one I see. My eldest, using the same method as was it Huck Finn with painting a fence, dug me one. That was double didgit years ago and the hole still sits there.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I am SO sick. I need a babysitter or something. Someone come cook my meals and finish my taxes. :(

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The new pond and found three baby sliders . So this is the babies pond.
I moved the female away from the male . So I can stop them from breeding.

1475706910551.jpg 1475706926117.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks Steven. A few hours of work and bam new pond.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ahhh a preform one I see. My eldest, using the same method as was it Huck Finn with painting a fence, dug me one. That was double didgit years ago and the hole still sits there.
Yeah ,it drives me crazy not to finish something I start . My boy is the same way .