Pretend Chat 2.14

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
At South Padre Island they hand out trash bags when you enter the beach as you pay for parking . Then when you drive out there's a trash can . The works ask for your trash to make sure it gets into the trash cans . If they catch you dumping trash you're getting a big fat ticket . All beaches should follow this rule . Our ocean is full of trash . We need to start doing something to keep our trash under control . I hate plastic bottles . When we had glass bottles we could recycle them and make a little money doing it . I remember taking six packs of coke bottles and getting some video game money back in the early 80s . Now it's plastic everything and everyone is getting cancer . You think this can be related ? I think so .

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
At South Padre Island they hand out trash bags when you enter the beach as you pay for parking . Then when you drive out there's a trash can . The works ask for your trash to make sure it gets into the trash cans . If they catch you dumping trash you're getting a big fat ticket . All beaches should follow this rule . Our ocean is full of trash . We need to start doing something to keep our trash under control . I hate plastic bottles . When we had glass bottles we could recycle them and make a little money doing it . I remember taking six packs of coke bottles and getting some video game money back in the early 80s . Now it's plastic everything and everyone is getting cancer . You think this can be related ? I think so .
Hello, Mike.
Quite agree.
We still have the glass bottles for many drinks here and get the bit of money for returning them, gets the kids some pocket money. It still works.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

They had a blurb on Entertainment Tonight about The Voice, and I was wondering if your friend is still on, and if so, what is his name?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
There are signs all over the place here that littering incurs a pretty hefty fine, however, who are the littering police? Every day I go out with my long handled grabbers and a garbage bag and pick up the litter along the front of my property.

Didn't you say that the kids at the bus stop litter? You could write the school district a nice letter and most likely they would send an email out to the parents.
We get them once in awhile about speeding and unsafe maneuvers in front of the school by the residents who live across the street from the school.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It's going to be crazy here in the next few days!!

If I'm lucky, there will be left over stone for the tortoises or a raised garden bed!

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481134336.959728.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1481134367.233223.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They had a blurb on Entertainment Tonight about The Voice, and I was wondering if your friend is still on, and if so, what is his name?
His name is Sundance and yes he's still on the show . Right now he is filming a commercial. He posted that on facebook today .

M

Maggie Cummings

Wow. I wonder how old that sprinkler actually is. I have a couple of irons like that. I'll take a picture. BRB...

View attachment 193985

I too collect old irons, actually any old kitchen implement. But I'm sure I don't have any irons ad beautiful as those. Any idea how old they are? Trade ya for 2 small Sulcata.....

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm so stupid, I was complimenting Len for the irons on that mantle and they are Yvonne's! See how dumb I am? I should have known they were Yvonne's right away from all the dust.
hahaha

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm not seeing my post from before, but here's Maggie's Sam with Santa.

View attachment 194036
Lacey, I can see them perfectly, thanks so much. Looks to me like Sam is even posing. Any other tort after being held by all those kid would have his head in hiding. But his is way out and curious. The one I'm taking this week end will pee on everybody....lolI'm taking a different species this Saturday for his pix with Santa.
I can still see both, any body else see them?
It's 29 degrees with wind. That means I don't even have to get out of my jammies.....

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Now I see both of course. We are considering taking Vern to see Santa since he loves people so much.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Didn't you say that the kids at the bus stop litter? You could write the school district a nice letter and most likely they would send an email out to the parents.
We get them once in awhile about speeding and unsafe maneuvers in front of the school by the residents who live across the street from the school.

That's a darned good idea. Wonder why I didn't think of that.

It's going to be crazy here in the next few days!!

If I'm lucky, there will be left over stone for the tortoises or a raised garden bed!

View attachment 194022
View attachment 194023

That's what I'm hoping for when they widen the street in front of my house (a retaining wall).

His name is Sundance and yes he's still on the show . Right now he is filming a commercial. He posted that on facebook today .

So he's the Country singer with the long beard. I don't watch The Voice, but I'll have to watch these last few episodes to see how he does.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So my kitchen garbage is safe now I just have to figure out how to get my groceries home. Just Kidding. I actually have some of those canvas bags, but I always forget to take them with me.

Me too. Here you can choose the paper or plastic, but if you want extra ones you pay for those.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
@Jacqui
Girl, don't pass up a trip to Ireland!! We need details!! That's a trip of a lifetime!!

My youngest daughter and her guy mentioned taking me during our last Friday meet up. Trying to decide dates and which trip to do.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Going to be either 12 or 9 degrees tonight, depending who you listen to.