Pretend Chat 2.14

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I just found out from the local sheriffs department that I need to post no trespassing signs down my driveway in Md.so people know it;s not theirs and they don't have the right to party and leave trash everywhere. (mostly out by the entrance). I may be old but where does this mentality come from, If they would clean up after themselves I wouldn't care what they do.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just found out from the local sheriffs department that I need to post no trespassing signs down my driveway in Md.so people know it;s not theirs and they don't have the right to party and leave trash everywhere. (mostly out by the entrance). I may be old but where does this mentality come from, If they would clean up after themselves I wouldn't care what they do.
I've said for a very long time that today's parents aren't teaching their children to respect other people's property. I started saying it when my grand kids were pre-school, but it still applies to today's children/parents too. It all started when we (parents) were not allowed anymore to spank our kids.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

I get it!! We have the same problem right outside our fence once in a while.
Finally we installed video cameras and posted that this property is under surveillance.
Nobody stops there now, except a few ladies you park and walk the neighborhood.

You could put up a 8’ post, buy a fake camera and just run fake electrical pipes up the post and I bet they stop.
Then buy a sign.

IMG_1526057329.910212.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I get it!! We have the same problem right outside our fence once in a while.
Finally we installed video cameras and posted that this property is under surveillance.
Nobody stops there now, except a few ladies you park and walk the neighborhood.

You could put up a 8’ post, buy a fake camera and just run fake electrical pipes up the post and I bet they stop.
Then buy a sign.

View attachment 238256
Something like that would work at the beach house but not at the Maryland house.The driveway is about 1000 feet long through woods and begins in a wooded cul-de-sac with only one house in sight. I really don't care about them having a good time doing what I know they are doing, even tho drinking under age and getting high in Maryland is illegal. I don't want to be held responsible if somehow someone gets hurt. So for the legality reason I will put the no trespassing signs up. I just want them to pick up their trash. When I was young if I went some place I wasn't supposed to go to I never left any evidence that I was there.(i guess kids today ain't that smart). Years ago I was informed by an attorney to never put a "Beware Of Dog" sign. Because if you do you are admitting that your dog is dangerous and leaving yourself open to a lawsuit if something happened. Just put up a "Dog on Premises" sign instead. I have never been a sign posting person.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Something like that would work at the beach house but not at the Maryland house.The driveway is about 1000 feet long through woods and begins in a wooded cul-de-sac with only one house in sight. I really don't care about them having a good time doing what I know they are doing, even tho drinking under age and getting high in Maryland is illegal. I don't want to be held responsible if somehow someone gets hurt. So for the legality reason I will put the no trespassing signs up. I just want them to pick up their trash. When I was young if I went some place I wasn't supposed to go to I never left any evidence that I was there.(i guess kids today ain't that smart). Years ago I was informed by an attorney to never put a "Beware Of Dog" sign. Because if you do you are admitting that your dog is dangerous and leaving yourself open to a lawsuit if something happened. Just put up a "Dog on Premises" sign instead. I have never been a sign posting person.
You may also consider using wildlife game cameras for surveillance.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Clear skies now, until about 1 pm. Can't believe breakfast isn't until 8. Say is half over by then. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Holy Cow! I took in a really large male CDT this afternoon. . . another 'found' tortoise. He's bigger than any of mine. I put my largest female next to him for the picture, and she's no slouch in the size department:

2018 Rescue #20.jpg

Melis

Maryland
I was told I had to put up no trespassing signs on my LOCKED fence when I had neighborhood kids jumping it to swim in my pool when I wasn’t home. The HOA wouldn’t allow me to put up a privacy fence, and the Harford County sheriffs told me if I didn’t put up the signs and one of the kids got hurt I could get sued. Crazy world we live in. I’m so happy we just bought a house on 3.5 acres with no HOA and no neighbor kids to swim in this pool. Lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just saw a promo for an "Undercover Boss" show coming up in the future. Come on, folks! In this day and age of GOOD make-up artists and GOOD costuming, you mean to tell me that's the best you can do in the make-up department? Those phony make-up faces actually LOOK phony. If I were standing next to one of those people I would have to ask them why they are wearing a cheapy disguise. They're not gonna' fool anyone with those phony disguises. It's almost like those big noses with glasses attached. Sheesh!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I just saw a promo for an "Undercover Boss" show coming up in the future. Come on, folks! In this day and age of GOOD make-up artists and GOOD costuming, you mean to tell me that's the best you can do in the make-up department? Those phony make-up faces actually LOOK phony. If I were standing next to one of those people I would have to ask them why they are wearing a cheapy disguise. They're not gonna' fool anyone with those phony disguises. It's almost like those big noses with glasses attached. Sheesh!

I know right?

I love Undercover Boss!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Another rainy type morning here. Chilly here. Seeing a couple castles today. Whatcha all doing? Is Steven back yet? Anybody do anything special for Mother's day?

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Looks like lawn mowing weather here in my part of the country. So that's what I have planned for my day. I'm going to try to find all the Russians and box them up so I can drive the mower through their yard to the CDT yard. If I don't mow it soon, it's going to require a string of natives wielding machetes to chop it down! It's so tall, I'm going to have to depend on seeing paths of bent grass to know if I'm about to mow a tortoise!

One of these days, when I'm looking for something to do, I'm going to rearrange the fences for the Russians and Desert tortoises and fix it so I don't have to drive through one yard to get to the other. There's always something to do!
Michigan, just had 4 inches of rain..now another group of storms..ugh...my newly built tortoise/garden is getting moisture.i was hoping to add more sage and lemon grass but.the rain..lol..our backyard has no grass, but cedar chips and straw. Front is my spring harvest of food for my tortoise...dandelions, plantains, clovers. I to need to lawn mower it..in a swamp...basement has leaks..everythijng on pallets and fans...looks like a long week..lol at least tortoise will be outside soon...I can remodel his enclosure..