Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Morning all . Visited my son & his wife & new baby. Other granny from Casa Blanca is here to help out her daughter get the hang of being a mum, The other Granny made Moroccan food for the new mother , thats a tradition all over the Arab world. That special diet is supposed to make everything in the new mum go back to normal quicker.. Can't say I ever ate this postnatal diet & things tend to right themselves on their own in any case.

Interesting, I wish I had that diet when my last was born!
Where are the baby pics??

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Morning all . Visited my son & his wife & new baby. Other granny from Casa Blanca is here to help out her daughter get the hang of being a mum, The other Granny made Moroccan food for the new mother , thats a tradition all over the Arab world. That special diet is supposed to make everything in the new mum go back to normal quicker.. Can't say I ever ate this postnatal diet & things tend to right themselves on their own in any case.
Yumm
Moroccan food is great.
Perhaps it's just an old wives tale, but I adore quaint old cultural traditions. Worth keeping going as long as they're not hazardous.
And, don't forget that psychologically, if you think it's good, it is good, or at least to some degree.

puffy137

I only have one pic on Whatsapp , he is so sleepy , not in the mood to face the public yet, lol , but he has lots of hair .
My aunts always roared with laughter at my Granny's love of the smelly Gorgonzola , but these days cream cheese spread seems to have taken over popular demand . BTW , isn't too much cheese supposed to fur up ones arteries ?

TuRtLE1924

5 Year Member
Texas
Yum.
Spanish cheese of the first order.
But it goes off after two years.
A year to 18 months is its prime I feel.
Yes, after 24 mo it's not so bueno. I do the 18 mo a lot bc it is hard to find the 24 mo all the time here. Or it's just really expensive!

TuRtLE1924

5 Year Member
Texas
I only have one pic on Whatsapp , he is so sleepy , not in the mood to face the public yet, lol , but he has lots of hair .
My aunts always roared with laughter at my Granny's love of the smelly Gorgonzola , but these days cream cheese spread seems to have taken over popular demand . BTW , isn't too much cheese supposed to fur up ones arteries ?
I am not a fan of the molded cheeses. Although I am sure if they are cooked in something and I couldn't see the mold, I'd eat it, and quite possibly like it. ;)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Gorgonzola has the most amazing smell. Yuuummmmy.
These commercial cream cheeses are moderate at best.
Yes, cheese is very bad for you in quantity, though good in small amounts.
I eat far too much.
But it's ok, I don't mind furry arteries. Keeps you warm.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I am not a fan of the molded cheeses. Although I am sure if they are cooked in something and I couldn't see the mold, I'd eat it, and quite possibly like it. ;)
Many years ago, my favorite hamburger topping was a grilled pineapple ring and bleu cheese! Mighty good! :p

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Blue cheese is simply wonderful.
Stilton is the king of cheeses. can't have Christmas without stilton.
And Roquefort is sensational. And lots of others.
the blue pattern makes it pretty.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

puffy137

One of my flightless pigeon's babies has a splayed foot , so I saw how to treat it on youtube , & yesterday got it into a sponge contraption which I'm hoping will right the problem . Seems its a common problem in birds.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
One of my flightless pigeon's babies has a splayed foot , so I saw how to treat it on youtube , & yesterday got it into a sponge contraption which I'm hoping will right the problem . Seems its a common problem in birds.
It is.
And very much so with the dove family I believe.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Blue cheese is simply wonderful.
Stilton is the king of cheeses. can't have Christmas without stilton.
And Roquefort is sensational. And lots of others.
the blue pattern makes it pretty.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I love Stilton too! My English friends introduced it to me years ago and I buy it during the holidays.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
How did we ever live without youtube & google . I use them at least 3 times a day o_O
Quite right too.
I never use you tube myself , though wifey does often, but google is great for research and stuff.
It's not much use on things about Morocco though.
Highly inaccurate in my opinion.
My dads friend ' Milky' ( a milkman, quelle surprise) used to keep lots and lots of pigeons and doves and many of them had probs with their feet.
I used to get canaries as gifts from my parents through him and they had problems sometimes too, but more often with abscesses on their toes.