Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hoooooooly crap guys!!! I mentioned the new job... But I never mentioned the best news I've gotten!!

As I'm sure many of you who've been around long enough to know me and my muddy ways know, Spartan Race is my life, and in late June I volunteered to help build the course and fell in love... With build (though I did meet a guy I fancied). Well after that I volunteered 2 spectate entire weeks around other races with the goal of making my face known so I could get hired. My last race they had a table for people to talk about careers. Well I finally applied for the position I want and got contacted back!!! The guy said he'd call me back after he talked to the 2 men I told him if volunteered most with (to tell as reference to my abilities and passion). So I'm still awaiting news, there was a pretty big race last weekend in South Carolina so my references were a bit busy.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I guess you're right ??? If you're going to get all serious on me .

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
But really I'm at like maybe 25%. Will probably stop completely after Thanksgiving through the end of the year.
I've fasted. I usually do ok but I get headaches that get better after my body starts running on fat (it takes about 1 day for that to happen to me). Also, you'll be feeling extremely cold. At least I felt that way the last time I fasted...

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Hoooooooly crap guys!!! I mentioned the new job... But I never mentioned the best news I've gotten!!

As I'm sure many of you who've been around long enough to know me and my muddy ways know, Spartan Race is my life, and in late June I volunteered to help build the course and fell in love... With build (though I did meet a guy I fancied). Well after that I volunteered 2 spectate entire weeks around other races with the goal of making my face known so I could get hired. My last race they had a table for people to talk about careers. Well I finally applied for the position I want and got contacted back!!! The guy said he'd call me back after he talked to the 2 men I told him if volunteered most with (to tell as reference to my abilities and passion). So I'm still awaiting news, there was a pretty big race last weekend in South Carolina so my references were a bit busy.
Oh I'm so glad you're going to be getting you're dream job! Congrats :D!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I heard it's dangerous to stop all at once.
I think it's dangerous. Usually when I go on fasts, I drop my calorie intake to 1,000 for two days, then I drop 300 calories everyday after that till the day(s) of the fast.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Was a nice night. Saw a bald eagle fly over and a large flick of geese flying south. Won't mention the 'possum on the front porch....
lol. I see eagles here sometimes too. They're magnificent creatures

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
why do they call it a McRib if there's no ribs?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't question the goodness of the mcrib I just partake in the yumminess!

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Oh I'm so glad you're going to be getting you're dream job! Congrats :D!
Thanks! It's only a possibility I'll get it though. Everyone seems to think I have it in the bag, but I guess because I want it so bad I still haven't comprehended it's actually possible. But I guess that means worst case I won't be too crushed if I don't. Only problem is it's VERY travel based. I'd really have to work something out to keep Nank in my life.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Just checking in to say hi!!
Busy day! My nephew graduated from boot camp and is officially a marine!! Wonderful ceremony today!!
Then pick up our dirt bikes for our trip and headed to the kids Taekwondo belt ceremony!
I had 3 glasses of wine and now retiring to bed!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Busy day! My nephew graduated from boot camp and is officially a marine!! Wonderful ceremony today!!
Then pick up our dirt bikes for our trip and headed to the kids Taekwondo belt ceremony!
OOOH RAH
Semper Fidelis

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
November 21st is National Adoption Day. so everyone & I mean everyone go out and adopt a kid or two today or failing that tell your current kids they are adopted and watch the fun ensue

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Congrats to our nephew!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I remember the advice my dad gave me on my wedding night. he said son if you ever go back in time don't touch anything because the results in the future could be disastrous, I have followed that advice to the letter.