Pretend Chat 2.14

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I like old dogs best and when I adopt, I seek the older ones. Funny thing is, almost every dog on the place came as a puppy. The two old ladies were born here. The oldest, was born right next to me.
We are Bella setting last week and this week.sevenandbella.jpg Seven is Bella's mother, Seven is almost 7 years old and Bella is almost 6. Seven is the pup on the left, they both have blue eyes, Bella is deaf and does great with hand signals. Seven got her name from being our seventh dog at the time she came to live with us.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I just realized.......some people have no shame(Blushes).:oops::oops::oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's basically a parabola, increasing as you grow and become self aware and then decreasing as you get old. Comparing now to when I was twenty, it's scary to think how shameless I'll be in 20 years.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just took in rescues 82, 83 and 84. The owner, who lived in Los Angeles, a 23 year old guy, died two years ago. Since that time, the younger brother has been going over to the house two or three times a week to freshen the water and feed them. The mother, who lives in Clovis, drove down once a month. She and the brother were finally able to come to the conclusion that it is in the turtles' best interest to give them up. They found me on the 'net.

Bear in mind that box turtles first indication of MBD is shortened, stubby tails, long curly nails and overgrown beaks.

This is the three of them getting a drink:

2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 a.jpg

It's hard to tell because of the bobbed tails, but I think this would be female, and a triunguis:

2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 b.jpg 2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 c..jpg 2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 d.jpg

This would be another female triunguis:

2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 e.jpg 2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 f.jpg

And what I think is a male luteola:

2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 g.jpg 2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 h.jpg 2015 Rescues #82, 83, 84 i.jpg

It doesn't show so much in the pictures, but in real life this guy's eyes just bug out of his head.

Looks like tomorrow I'll be setting up a box turtle habitat for the winter, cutting toenails and beaks and giving these guys some special attention.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We are Bella setting last week and this week.View attachment 157316 Seven is Bella's mother, Seven is almost 7 years old and Bella is almost 6. Seven is the pup on the left, they both have blue eyes, Bella is deaf and does great with hand signals. Seven got her name from being our seventh dog at the time she came to live with us.

I love that coat pattern! It it the blue eyes that goes along with deafness, or old age. I thought white dogs with blue eyes were deaf??? Your doggies are very pretty.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Right. At least some of us have seen Jacqui in person. No one here has EVER seen Cameron...not a picture or the real deal.

Not true, I've met members of this forum at shows (they didn't/don't know it was me). There may have even been pictures, you just don't know it's me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lasagna is what we have for Christmas dinner, been doing it for about 40 years,we also have Southern Maryland stuffed ham.

Back in the days before my sister was estranged from her family, they made homemade pizza for Thanksgiving every year.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Back in the days before my sister was estranged from her family, they made homemade pizza for Thanksgiving every year.

We always had turkey. My youngest son keeps trying to change us to ham.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We are Bella setting last week and this week.View attachment 157316 Seven is Bella's mother, Seven is almost 7 years old and Bella is almost 6. Seven is the pup on the left, they both have blue eyes, Bella is deaf and does great with hand signals. Seven got her name from being our seventh dog at the time she came to live with us.

Blue merles, right?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Sweet, but most folks do not show you what they got you for Christmas before they give it to you. However, in the spirit of the season, I shall forgive you. Thank you Peter for my gift!
I'm so envy of you now Jacqui......:mad::mad:

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Having some cornbread for breakfast. I think I may have finally found a decent one.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Morning cyborg !?

You might be onto something... a glitch in the matrix. No wonder "Jacqui" makes all those duplicate posts and then has to try to hide them before anyone catches on. :eek: