Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
We got the big branch of the garage and the two loads of branches up to the dump. Also fixed my front screen door, that a couple of weeks back the weekend caught and ripped it off the house. Did a bit of yard pick up too. Have work tonight.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'm at the bow zone getting my boy a new bow for hunting . 1000.00 dollars its crazy how an arrow flinger cost so much cash . But that's what he wanted for Christmas .

Wanna adopt me? All I want is a cheap laptop.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I'm at the bow zone getting my boy a new bow for hunting . 1000.00 dollars its crazy how an arrow flinger cost so much cash . But that's what he wanted for Christmas .
I don't want you to think $1000.00 is too much . I'll take a new car ! Thank you :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We got the big branch of the garage and the two loads of branches up to the dump. Also fixed my front screen door, that a couple of weeks back the weekend caught and ripped it off the house. Did a bit of yard pick up too. Have work tonight.

You said "we." Does that mean Jeff is home? It feels good to accomplish a few things, huh? Glad to see the branch off the garage. Did it damage the roof?

The wind did a similar job on my old greenhouse door. Bent the hinges all to heck, but I was able to get it back to almost close. But now I have to prop a brick against it to keep it closed.

Have fun at work!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How's everyone coming on their Christmas shopping? I've been emailing to Josh daily asking about if he has sent out calendars, but haven't received any response back yet. I'll keep you all in the loop. I don't remember if I ordered one this year or not. If I did, I haven't received it yet. (and if I didn't, it stands to reason - I haven't received it yet.)

I'm lovin' the Secret Santa threads. I think next year I'm going to have to participate.

Nobody knows what kind of snails I found in my previous post?

@bouaboua - did you ever get energetic and do something? I never did. I read quite a bit of my book, though. My two foster sulcatas have gone home, thank goodness, however the big one that I kept in the backyard was actually a pretty nice boy. He didn't tear up the backyard at all. I thought he had "ram her" in his mind a couple times while I was raking leaves, but I never gave him the chance, so I don't know for sure.

Nothing good on TV tonight. I'm starting to get my fill of Christmas movies. But the promo for the Hallmark channel's latest one that's on tonight at 8p looked good. It showed Bill Shatner with a beard in one shot. I'll have to watch that one.

I think I've seen every movie The Duke made, including some of the real early ones that were made the year I was born. Those early ones are very cornball, but I liked them.

ok...bye for now. Talk to you all tomorrow.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
How's everyone coming on their Christmas shopping? I've been emailing to Josh daily asking about if he has sent out calendars, but haven't received any response back yet. I'll keep you all in the loop. I don't remember if I ordered one this year or not. If I did, I haven't received it yet. (and if I didn't, it stands to reason - I haven't received it yet.)

I'm lovin' the Secret Santa threads. I think next year I'm going to have to participate.

@bouaboua - did you ever get energetic and do something? I never did. I read quite a bit of my book, though. My two foster sulcatas have gone home, thank goodness, however the big one that I kept in the backyard was actually a pretty nice boy. He didn't tear up the backyard at all. I thought he had "ram her" in his mind a couple times while I was raking leaves, but I never gave him the chance, so I don't know for sure.

Nothing good on TV tonight. I'm starting to get my fill of Christmas movies. But the promo for the Hallmark channel's latest one that's on tonight at 8p looked good. It showed Bill Shatner with a beard in one shot. I'll have to watch that one.

I think I've seen every movie The Duke made, including some of the real early ones that were made the year I was born. Those early ones are very cornball, but I liked them.

For your question if I ever get energeticly to do something? Most of time, but not always. For some days, or just like today, cloudy weather, nothing really important for me to get out of door, or any reason even for me to get out of my PJ :D, so.......I play lazy today. Sorry.

I also play little down time before my one last trip to China this year.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You said "we." Does that mean Jeff is home? It feels good to accomplish a few things, huh? Glad to see the branch off the garage. Did it damage the roof?

The wind did a similar job on my old greenhouse door. Bent the hinges all to heck, but I was able to get it back to almost close. But now I have to prop a brick against it to keep it closed.

Have fun at work!

No, Jeff is in TX still. We was my youngest son and my ex.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
deep in the heart of Texas, where the stars shine brightly believe. Sorry I couldn't resist

Donna/Turbo

Banner Elk, NC
Wow, Donna - I'm so sorry about the divorce. I know we all went into marriage thinking it would last forever, and it's pretty ugly when it doesn't. But it's certainly good to have you back here with us.

We have quite a few members from the Carolinas. I'm not sure how many of them are on the 'chat' though.

Did you move to be with your family? ...a job? What made you choose NC? and what's the weather like back there at this time of year?
After the divorce we tried to live together, that didn't work out. So when I was fed up I said the next job posting that opens in North Carolina, I am applying. A few days later a job opened in Banner Elk so I applied. I got the job the same day. They gave me 3 days to decide and find a place to live. Then I put in my 2 weeks notice. So the entire life decision happened in 2 weeks and 3 days. My son is in Raleigh which is about 3 hours from here and my mom and 2 brothers live in North Georgia which is 3 hours away. So I am right in the middle of all my family. Thanks for asking.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
After the divorce we tried to live together, that didn't work out. So when I was fed up I said the next job posting that opens in North Carolina, I am applying. A few days later a job opened in Banner Elk so I applied. I got the job the same day. They gave me 3 days to decide and find a place to live. Then I put in my 2 weeks notice. So the entire life decision happened in 2 weeks and 3 days. My son is in Raleigh which is about 3 hours from here and my mom and 2 brothers live in North Georgia which is 3 hours away. So I am right in the middle of all my family. Thanks for asking.

Sounds like a good place for you to be. Good luck in the new job

Donna/Turbo

Banner Elk, NC

Yvonne, I am going to an Alpaca farm today to get my soon to be daughter in law something special. My 27 year old son is taking his girlfriend to the Biltmore House the weekend before Christmas and is going to ask her to marry him. I am going to buy her a pair of alpaca socks for Christmas. I hear they are just amazing to wear!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne, I am going to an Alpaca farm today to get my soon to be daughter in law something special. My 27 year old son is taking his girlfriend to the Biltmore House the weekend before Christmas and is going to ask her to marry him. I am going to buy her a pair of alpaca socks for Christmas. I hear they are just amazing to wear!!

Bet they are soft. Congrats on a new daughter-in-law maybe to be.