Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Here's a fun one for you that could only happen to me. So we all are aware that I received, "multiple" broken ribs on my right side from that wreck about a year ago. Well, it took all of about 9 months for them to heal up and start feeling normal again. On Wednesday, I bent over to kiss my honey goodnight. I straighten up and stepped back with my right foot and there was a dog there on the floor. I was taught you avoid hurting your pets. This resulted in me pulling the plant foot, (the right one) up and me going down hard on those same ribs!!! Yay me. I'm thinking I rebroke them. No deep breath without real pain. I'm so happy about this, (insert sarcasm here!) talk with y'all later.

Ouch;(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We're starting a 10 day run of over 100 degree days. The hottest is going to be 110F...I think they said next Wednesday. Will got my misters up over the Aldabran yard just in time. How are you Arizona folks doing? Are you in the monsoon season? When I run my ceiling fan along with the evaporative cooler, it's pretty comfortable in the house. I don't go outside after lunchtime unless I have to. It's hard for me to breath when it gets that hot.

@Jacqui : Is that stranger gone again?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
This summer is just too hot! Been rare to see a day under 95 in the last month. I wouldn't leave the house if not for work and Pokemon go :p

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
We're starting a 10 day run of over 100 degree days. The hottest is going to be 110F...I think they said next Wednesday. Will got my misters up over the Aldabran yard just in time. How are you Arizona folks doing? Are you in the monsoon season? When I run my ceiling fan along with the evaporative cooler, it's pretty comfortable in the house. I don't go outside after lunchtime unless I have to. It's hard for me to breath when it gets that hot.

Yes AZ is in the monsoon season but it's only raining in the high mountains ! We are getting 112 degrees and high humidity here ! And Sunday I'll be 61 years old ! And that's hot !!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We were at 107 today and 104 yesterday.
Had so many things on my "to do list" and only got a few done.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Yes, he spent the night on his sleeper break in Lincoln while I worked. Then we had breakfast. He then left to finish his trip.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
We were at 107 today and 104 yesterday.
Had so many things on my "to do list" and only got a few done.

Me too. I am so tired of wearing wet clothes from all the sweating I am doing and from not really doing any real work.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Me too. I am so tired of wearing wet clothes from all the sweating I am doing and from not really doing any real work.

I have to change my shirt like 3 times a day :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you feeling better @Yvonne G?
Got that damn Chinese food out of your system?

This was a very mild cold. The worst day was day 1. But the day before day 1, I swabbed my nasal passages with Zicam several times a day. It must work, because I wasn't incapacitated at all. Very mild symptoms. I'm fine now, just a bit of a hoarse throat.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have a touch of the lazies today. I still have to prepare all the tortoises' food and here I sit. Also, it's almost 8a and no sun is shining in the windows. I'm guessing it must be a bit overcast this a.m., which probably means it's going to be quite humid today.

I don't have big plans for my day. After I feed, water and clean up after the tortoises, I'm just going to clean up outside and put away all the tools and implements that I've left laying around. Maybe I'll even use the leaf blower......Na-a-a-a

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Here's a fun one for you that could only happen to me. So we all are aware that I received, "multiple" broken ribs on my right side from that wreck about a year ago. Well, it took all of about 9 months for them to heal up and start feeling normal again. On Wednesday, I bent over to kiss my honey goodnight. I straighten up and stepped back with my right foot and there was a dog there on the floor. I was taught you avoid hurting your pets. This resulted in me pulling the plant foot, (the right one) up and me going down hard on those same ribs!!! Yay me. I'm thinking I rebroke them. No deep breath without real pain. I'm so happy about this, (insert sarcasm here!) talk with y'all later.

You better wrap yourself in bubble wrap and put on a helmet. Hang in there. Sorry to hear you fell.