Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
spider 7-30-16.jpg

Look real close in between the two pencils. You can just barely see a baby spider and his shadow on the pencil, then you can follow his web up in front of the printer. This little baby is working very industriously to make a web between my lamp, the printer and the monitor. I wonder what kind he is.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Our 7 day forecast still shows three digit weather predicted. I'm getting mighty tired of this hot weather. Today all I did was feed, clean up and water tortoises, then water the plants. After that I came inside and did the dishes. When the time came for lunch, I fixed Misty something to eat, then warmed up yesterday's left-overs for me. I've read a whole book on the Kindle, took a power nap and read all the posts on the Forum. I'm sitting here yawning. I think I need more nap time. Oh, and I washed my hair. I put in a load of clothes this a.m., and just now remembered it. So I guess I'd better go put it in the dryer.

Ho hum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...oh, and I forgot...I couldn't get online so I called my ISP and he walked me through re-setting passwords, etc. on my modem. How on earth does that happen? All the passwords and modem I.D.'s were wrong. There was no power outage or anything like that. Now it makes me wonder if that's what was wrong with my old modem last week and I've spent $100 on a new one when I didn't need to.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
in my house it would be a dead one .
And this comes from you, a man that complains about all the horse flies and other flying insects that are outside feeding the local mantis population.
In pure jest Mike, I say shame upon you. 20 deep, from a standing position, squats, to help purify your soul for giving you the opportunity to walk this garden
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470029543.183825.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Morning! ! ! In my part of the country.......Still~~;);)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My daughter called me this a.m. to let me know that Target has 4 cu.ft. fridges on sale for $100. I had been talking about my fridge not being big enough to hold a whole week's worth of tortoise food and that I was going to have to start making two trips to town instead of one.

fridge 8-1-16.jpg

It doesn't match my white, tan and blue motif, but it holds a lotta' bags of greens!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lunch time! I'm down to only having two containers of stew left in the freezer. I'm getting mighty sick of stew! Now I know how Misty feels eating the same thing day after day.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Much too hot. But we finally got a thunderstorm to bring much needed rain! Sounds like canons going off and looks like strobe lights!

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
My daughter called me this a.m. to let me know that Target has 4 cu.ft. fridges on sale for $100. I had been talking about my fridge not being big enough to hold a whole week's worth of tortoise food and that I was going to have to start making two trips to town instead of one.

View attachment 182132

It doesn't match my white, tan and blue motif, but it holds a lotta' bags of greens!!!

What in the world is that crazy looking thing above your new fantastic little fridge? It looks like some communication device of some sort:) lol!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What in the world is that crazy looking thing above your new fantastic little fridge? It looks like some communication device of some sort:) lol!

Yeah, just a short time after the dark ages, and just after the string and can, Alexander invented the device you see hanging up there on my cupboard. That just goes to show you how behind the times I am. Cell phone? What the heck is that?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
And this comes from you, a man that complains about all the horse flies and other flying insects that are outside feeding the local mantis population.
In pure jest Mike, I say shame upon you. 20 deep, from a standing position, squats, to help purify your soul for giving you the opportunity to walk this garden
View attachment 182080
Sorry little buddy but I hate bugs of all kinds . Most of the time i don't kill them . But if they come inside they die .

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Oh Mike. All the fun high school responses I'd love to make starting with you saying "little buddy" and just going downhill fast from there.
How's ya been, kiddo?