Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Busy as usual!!
I bet your ready for cooler weather!

Yes!!!! I'd really like to start walking again, but it's still triple digits at 7:30p. I have a hard time breathing outside when it's that hot. And I can't walk early a.m.'s because that's the best time of day for getting chores done.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Good morning! Took the day off work to submit my very last school project EVER and I have an interview this afternoon. I'm so nervous!!!! :eek::confused:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just as soon as I've read all the new posts I'm going to go outside and cut some grape leaves, mulberry leaves and any edible weeds I can find, then come back in and prepare the babies' food. After I feed, pick up poop and water everyone I'm going to cut back some branches on a Palo Verde tree that scrapes the side of my truck when I drive through the drive-way. If I'm still in the mood, I'll fire up the WeedEater.

What do all you you have planned for the day?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning! Took the day off work to submit my very last school project EVER and I have an interview this afternoon. I'm so nervous!!!! :eek::confused:

What was your project? ....and an interview for what?

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
What was your project? ....and an interview for what?
The School wants a "reflective essay" on how you've developed into a professional during your academic career. Sigh. And my interview's for an archival position! Low pay, but it's experience!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just as soon as I've read all the new posts I'm going to go outside and cut some grape leaves, mulberry leaves and any edible weeds I can find, then come back in and prepare the babies' food. After I feed, pick up poop and water everyone I'm going to cut back some branches on a Palo Verde tree that scrapes the side of my truck when I drive through the drive-way. If I'm still in the mood, I'll fire up the WeedEater.

Work.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

That sounds exhausting in your heat!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We will be in the 100's this week.
I can't wait for it to cool down so I can plant lettuces and grass. The sun is just to brutal. I had lovely pasture seed going and it died off. Except for a few patches under the shade cloth.
I need to build a summer canopy for plants and remove it for more winter sun.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I have spent the last 18 hours as sick as a dog...I got from bed to the bathroom and back to bed.
I need to figure out what to eat that won't hurt coming back up, but that will satisfy me because now my stomach hurts from being empty.

Suggestions?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I have spent the last 18 hours as sick as a dog...I got from bed to the bathroom and back to bed.
I need to figure out what to eat that won't hurt coming back up, but that will satisfy me because now my stomach hurts from being empty.

Suggestions?

Oatmeal, rice, or plain toast? My go-to is oatmeal with a little honey and cinnamon when trying to keep something down.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I've opted for noodles with a tiny bit of salt and butter. I've been keeping Gatorade down for a couple hours so maybe I'm on the upswing

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
3 more hours without any more up-chucking. Still feeling like poo though.

Our kitty doesn't like to be cuddled or touched but when I'm sick she will sleep near me. Today she's flat out.
1471323257740.jpg