Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Today I received an email from a guy wanting to know if I take in volunteers. I generally tell these people no, because my rescue is sort of a one man operation, but I answered him back that if he wanted to come clean out my pond filters and maybe help me build Dudley a new shed, to give me a call.

A lot of folks who call up to offer their volunteer services really want to do something glamorous. When I tell them they can clean pens and pick up poop, they usually don't re-reply. What exactly do they think they'll get to do if it's not cleaning pens?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yvonne, I think most figure it'll be fun to play with the tortoises and turtles. Then when they discover the reality, well that kinda stops them in there tracks. Karen gets the same thing at the clinic with folks thinking they'll get to play with puppies and kittens. Cleaning the kennels, cleaning blood and other animal discharge in large animal, and possibly assisting with euthanasia, all makes many turn and run!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Morning all. This is what I've got to look forward to…View attachment 100833
Morning, or whenever you are. It would be nice for it to rain and rain when it is 100 degrees out. Our weather is slowly improving. Slowly improving... Hope you, Karen, and the torts stay safe :)

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Julian!!!! You never join us on Chat! Good to see you here. Afternoon, huh? It's only 7:30a here. I'm just getting started.

For sure ;-D but this chat is to fast for me I haven't got the time to come only for every post.
Yes I have now 17.42 I'm eating some graps doing some homework and waiting for food ;-)

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Good afternoon backatcha! How has your day gone so far?

Yes really good. My school wasn't so long today I met a girl which I met 2 weeks ago at a party so I was really happy to see her again. And yours?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
So which one of you is going to volunteer to come clean out my tortoise pens? I vote R/S/T come do it

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
As I checked last time....I'm.
Haha I know your Asian . I picture a white dude when I see your name . I was thinking it would be funny to say hey I didn't know you were asian . Well maybe not . Don't get mad Im kidding with you . When are you coming state side?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes really good. My school wasn't so long today I met a girl which I met 2 weeks ago at a party so I was really happy to see her again. And yours?

Do I smell romance in the air?

My day is going well, just going too fast. So much I want to do and so few days before cold weather comes back (and most likely sticks around :( )

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I know what you mean, Jacqui. I've got so much I need to get done, like today, and time seems to be jetting on by! Everyone in my little valley is burning their debris piles right now. The air smells wonderful but now it's just one more thing to get going before the storm hits for me.

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Do I smell romance in the air?

My day is going well, just going too fast. So much I want to do and so few days before cold weather comes back (and most likely sticks around :( )

I hope we'll see :-D
Yes I know this problem. The days are to short. But I'm happy that its going to be colder I'm not a friend of the hot summer. I only get headache and sunburn :-D

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Poo. Laying in ER waiting to find out what my heart is doing. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Brandi and welcome to 'Chat'!!! This is the thread where we get to know you. Glad you could join us.

Brandi1

Thank you. I heard this forum is a good one to get information and all the people are helpful and friendly so thought i'd check it out.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Steven, what was the food?
Pork ribs in a stone wok. and grilled whole fish then cook in some very hot sauce. Good with cold beer.
Haha I know your Asian . I picture a white dude when I see your name . I was thinking it would be funny to say hey I didn't know you were asian . Well maybe not . Don't get mad Im kidding with you . When are you coming state side?

I'm coming home this Thursday. I can't wait.