Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
Jacqui said:
Does she keep either of you up at night? Or does she stop you two from having sex? What is his reasoning?

He says she pushes him out of the bed when I'm not looking and she does, haha! She definitely does not let him get anywhere near me. But she can go in her crate
For awhile.

I can sorta understand his side of things. It's interesting how often dogs don't let men near their wives in bed. I have had a couple like that. :D

theelectraco said:
Good morning !!!!

How's life in your part of the world?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
My dogs sleep in crates outside the bedroom (although right on the other side of the wall) on memory foam beds. They both shed so much it is astonishing. If I were to let them in the bed it'd have a new fur quilt in a matter of hours. Not to mention one of the dogs has skin issues that make him smell of old cheese and leave behind oily residue. Sooo yeah. I've never really let a dog sleep in my bed, except for my Tika who had weeks to live due to cancer and figured she deserved extra spoiling.

As for the taxes thing, the reason I got charged was that my employer didn't take out any for state tax.. So while I was getting a larger paycheck, I had to pay up. My bf on the other hand got 8k back since he was in school earlier this year and had relocation expenses and loans to be paying... But, was nice to get that much back so we bought the new tv and love seat and are putting the rest into savings and paying school debt.

Ugh, I woke up dehydrated again. Seriously, any nurses in the area want to just put me on iv fluids because my stomach can't handle drinking that much water, and I can't keep sipping it while at work...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:
My dogs sleep in crates outside the bedroom (although right on the other side of the wall) on memory foam beds. They both shed so much it is astonishing. If I were to let them in the bed it'd have a new fur quilt in a matter of hours. Not to mention one of the dogs has skin issues that make him smell of old cheese and leave behind oily residue. Sooo yeah. I've never really let a dog sleep in my bed, except for my Tika who had weeks to live due to cancer and figured she deserved extra spoiling.

As for the taxes thing, the reason I got charged was that my employer didn't take out any for state tax.. So while I was getting a larger paycheck, I had to pay up. My bf on the other hand got 8k back since he was in school earlier this year and had relocation expenses and loans to be paying... But, was nice to get that much back so we bought the new tv and love seat and are putting the rest into savings and paying school debt.

Ugh, I woke up dehydrated again. Seriously, any nurses in the area want to just put me on iv fluids because my stomach can't handle drinking that much water, and I can't keep sipping it while at work...
Gatorade? I hate Gatorade but I drink a half of one in the morning if I wake up with a headache. Also, adding lemon to water is supposed to help your body absorb it better.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Lol yeah, maybe I should add a baby food soak into my daily routine.

I can't really drink Gatorade.. The original ones are so syrupy and the light ones give me a headache from their artificial sweeteners.

I don't really like lemon water either. I do like chocolate milk though... And while it has electrolytes it does have a bit high of calories to just be chugging. Also with the recent heat wave it reminds me of Anchorman, "milk was a bad choice!"

Maybe I'll just have to get some lemonade instead and buy some watermelon. I hate drinking water but juice and fruits I love :p

First world problem... Complaining how boring clean water is.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:
Lol yeah, maybe I should add a baby food soak into my daily routine.

I can't really drink Gatorade.. The original ones are so syrupy and the light ones give me a headache from their artificial sweeteners.

I don't really like lemon water either. I do like chocolate milk though... And while it has electrolytes it does have a bit high of calories to just be chugging. Also with the recent heat wave it reminds me of Anchorman, "milk was a bad choice!"

Maybe I'll just have to get some lemonade instead and buy some watermelon. I hate drinking water but juice and fruits I love :p

First world problem... Complaining how boring clean water is.
Can you buy watermelon year round? That is insane to me, I love watermelon!! Do does Sid!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You won't have the same varieties, but even here at our local WalMart there is always some type. Not sure what country the current crops would be from.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
You won't have the same varieties, but even here at our local WalMart there is always some type. Not sure what country the current crops would be from.
Mine are from Brasil & Mexico but no Watermelons. Just blueberries, Strawberries. & raspberries and they are not pretty!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cowboy_Ken said:
And no one remembers Rick Nelson…?

And this is pertinent to Mexican watermelons because...?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Our farmers market has strawberries and watermelon. I could grow watermelon in my back yard if I cared to...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
emysemys said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
This is on my belly right now...

OMG!!! Who takes their camera to bed with them?

Haha! It was my phone, otherwise I could not be on TFO until
Midnight:)

RosieRedfoot said:
Our farmers market has strawberries and watermelon. I could grow watermelon in my back yard if I cared to...

That's just plain hurtful! :(. J/k

Cowboy_Ken said:
And no one remembers Rick Nelson…?

Oh yeah, Rick Nelson who sang "Hello Mary Lou" and died when I was 5? Nope, google told me who
He was.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
And “Garden Party". Sorry Yvonne, I was doing one of those, where were you in '72 music things.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I remember him, however, I never liked his music. I loved the tv show, Ozzie and Harriet.

Status
Not open for further replies.