Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I had a great steak for dinner. Karen had chicken parmesan.
Yum! Ugh, I'm hungry now but I am half under a Great Dane, she helps me to not eat at night, hsha!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
@ Ken, I just saw some great advice given by you in a thread and the OP was thanking you for your help, you rock!

@Kerryann, have you noticed a lot of newbies lately are from Michigan? Are u spreading the word out there :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Wow, I guess we shouldn't complain about our meagerly $147. But when you have to pay your accountant $340, that hurts. I'm gonna learn how to do my own taxes next year.
Kerryann, that's gonna be fun to go to the awards ceremony. Every year my husband's company puts on an awards ceremony for the most outstanding employees. It's great! Guys, don't know what you're doing wrong, but some of you shouldn't be paying taxes on what you make. Hi Cowboy and Erin! Did I tell you that the wine fest is in Destin?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Wow, that is awesome! It must have felt so good to him!
I ran track & cross country and now so does my daughter but the funny thing is she runs longer distance than I did. I did hurtles and 50 yard dash and she runs 800 & 8 x 4 relay. I am faster than her at sprints but she can lap me in distance.

I always feel like asking our accountant which of his kids are we putting through school.

Speaking of large chunks of money. I paid the annual insurance bill for the new house and submitted the paid receipt to the lawyers, which is officially the last piece of paperwork I needed to give them. Our closing is set for 4/19. Yay!!

Yay so exiting

Cowboy_Ken said:
I had a great steak for dinner. Karen had chicken parmesan.

I had carrots and Brussels sprouts. Then I forgot to eat my snack

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
Wow, I guess we shouldn't complain about our meagerly $147. But when you have to pay your accountant $340, that hurts. I'm gonna learn how to do my own taxes next year.
Kerryann, that's gonna be fun to go to the awards ceremony. Every year my husband's company puts on an awards ceremony for the most outstanding employees. It's great! Guys, don't know what you're doing wro g, it some of you shouldn't be paying taxes on what you make. Hi Cowboy and Erin! Did I tell you that the wine fest is in Destin?

Thats awesome, I have actually been to Destin a few times. That is going to be a great time!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Meh, we have a computer program and an accountant. It's the American dream ;)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Everyone needs to form their own 501(c) non-profit for their tortoise activities. Then bill all your hours as an expert commanding good fees or make yourself the paid board director.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
@ Ken, I just saw some great advice given by you in a thread and the OP was thanking you for your help, you rock!

@Kerryann, have you noticed a lot of newbies lately are from Michigan? Are u spreading the word out there :)

No I haven't been on much. I will have to check that out. I do throw up my tortoise owner gang signs everywhere I go.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Kerryann, that's gonna be fun to go to the awards ceremony. Every year my husband's company puts on an awards ceremony for the most outstanding employees. It's great! Guys, don't know what you're doing wrong, but some of you shouldn't be paying taxes on what you make. Hi Cowboy and Erin! Did I tell you that the wine fest is in Destin?

I am excited even though Mike and I are both going to be looking like kids in big people clothes :)
I love these awards. The lifetime achievement winner passed away three weeks before he could find out he won.

pugsandkids said:
Meh, we have a computer program and an accountant. It's the American dream ;)

Mikey trusts no one.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
This is on my belly right now...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365649542.320598.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I don't trust anyone doing my taxes even when I get thousands back because if there was a mistake, we would be responsible. Anyway, I've never been audited, so I guess we're giving the government what they want. It sucks!

Hey guys, I think we've gonna get into another war with Korea. Things are not going well.

Erin, I just love your dog. I had a Dane when I was 18 years old. I loved that dog to no end. Dagny looks just like my Fathom.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Thalatte said:
as far as taxes I got $105 from state and owe the federal $1200+ or something...I dont know how that happened but for those of you running your own business but are an airhead get an accountant to double check everything. Or some sort of computer program. I do my taxes the old fashioned way in a leather bound ledger and apparently I need to retake math classes...

Quickbooks

Scansnap is also a good idea if you have a lot of receipts (or are paranoid about the ink fading) and don't like clutter

I don't use cash in general, but especially for business expenses. Using a check or credit effectively creates a second record of the transaction in case you lose the receipt.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Oh my goodness, that head is as big as one of my dogs!
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365649739.127353.jpg
Or maybe all 3 of my dogs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.