Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
My friend and I just ran 6 miles up and down huge hills and we are out of shape because of the long winter plus pushing heavy strollers and we were sweating and exhausted sooo course we ran into everyone we know,ugh so embarrassing!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
My friend and I just ran 6 miles up and down huge hills and we are out of shape because of the long winter plus pushing heavy strollers and we were sweating and exhausted sooo course we ran into everyone we know,ugh so embarrassing!

Another dangerous side effect of that evil exercise.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Dogs did well at the vet, thankfully no cats there. They were so happy to let the tech take their blood in exchange for a cookie.

Looks like they're at their ideal weights. If only I could say the same about myself!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RosieRedfoot said:
Dogs did well at the vet, thankfully no cats there. They were so happy to let the tech take their blood in exchange for a cookie.

Looks like they're at their ideal weights. If only I could say the same about myself!

Glad it went so well!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
My son's shirt is cracking me up! It is snoopy with a big handlebar mustache and it say's "I mustache you a question" haha!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CtTortoiseMom said:
My son's shirt is cracking me up! It is snoopy with a big handlebar mustache and it say's "I mustache you a question" haha!!

:D Very cute! :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Gah! My high heat drought tolerant full sun loving plants are wilting right now! I watered them last night but just had to go water them again. It's like 88 out there... Trying to get my wooden planters finished painted so the plants can be in them before it gets hot here. Figure the wooden boxes will insulate the plant roots much better than temporary plastic pots. But the paint should be dry in about an hour so I can hope it'll be done and able to be planted by this weekend.

Oh, never shared living room pics either.

Before: ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365629445.836556.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365629471.117438.jpg

After!
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365629495.103819.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365629525.051256.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1365629653.818106.jpg

This picture is taken from the same location as the 2nd before picture... So we moved everything 90 degrees to give more room.

Last edited by a moderator:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:
Gah! My high heat drought tolerant full sun loving plants are wilting right now! I watered them last night but just had to go water them again. It's like 88 out there... Trying to get my wooden planters finished painted so the plants can be in them before it gets hot here. Figure the wooden boxes will insulate the plant roots much better than temporary plastic pots. But the paint should be dry in about an hour so I can hope it'll be done and able to be planted by this weekend.

Oh, never shared living room pics either.

Before:

After!

This picture is taken from the same location as the 2nd before picture... So we moved everything 90 degrees to give more room.

Looks great!

emysemys said:
I think I know Jacqui's secret!

Tell us, we won't tell....

Thalatte

5 Year Member
afternooon everyone!

It is my last week of work! I go home on friday!

Rosieredfoot we have the same living room carpet!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:

You know what! Ya just might. *happy and kinda giddy* :D

Thalatte said:
afternooon everyone!

So excited for you! :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
thanks! I am excited too. I have already deep cleaned like the entire house and piper is at dayvare all day everyday this week so I just want to leave now!!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
If I could, I would send up north some heat.

My dogs thankfully love going to the vet. Any attention to them is good. Even if it means drawing their blood and putting thermometers in rude places.

I've accidentally kicked them and stepped on them (dark dog on dark rug) and they respond with an apologetic look and tail wags. Labs... Just can't make them not like you. I've fed them wasabi and they were like, ooh yay food!

Dante has a few expressions, ranging from worried to scared to anxious to happy. Prince has sleep or excited. See attached picture, it's his "on" face for every moment he's not eating or sleeping...

Seriously, I've never met a happier dog. I think he'd be happy if you punched him for an hour just because it'd be someone touching him. He was a neglected and underfed tie-out dog before, so everything is better than what he had.

Dante's concerned face, because the expression reminds me of the dramatic chipmunk and makes me laugh.

Dante could be cici's twin. :D

Jacqui said:
emysemys said:

You know what! Ya just might. *happy and kinda giddy* :D

Thalatte said:
afternooon everyone!

So excited for you! :D

I know no secrets I am so far out of the loop.

I went to bed last night at like 11 because I could barely sleep. I was waking up every half an hour until around 4 and then I started finally to sleep and then at 4:30 my problem site went down. I got up immediately and started tracking what was going wrong. Then yesterday and today I have actually had other issues ugh... but it's nice to be home with my family that loves me. Oh ozzie has surgery tomorrow.. shhh no one tell him.. he doesn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.