Status
Not open for further replies.

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Jacqui said:
No it's not!!! Geesh everybody knows it's the Easter turtle. :tort:

I don't know. Easter bunnies leave baskets fully of yummy treats. My torts leave water bowls full of goodies, but its not quite the same... :p

RosieRedfoot said:
Oh, never shared living room pics either.

Looks fantastic. Love the rug. Very pretty!

Kerryann said:
Oh ozzie has surgery tomorrow.. shhh no one tell him.. he doesn't know.

Poor Ozzie. I hope all goes well.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Sorry Kerryann! Good luck to Ozzie!

Thalatte said:
afternooon everyone!

It is my last week of work! I go home on friday!

Rosieredfoot we have the same living room carpet!

Yay, congrats!

@Shelly- water bowls full of goodies, LOL, too true!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:

OOOZZZZZZZZIE!! Oh OOOZZZIEEE! I have something to tell you! :D

What kind of surgery?

mctlong said:
Jacqui said:

I don't know. Easter bunnies leave baskets fully of yummy treats.

See your under the same misguided belief that so many folks fall victim to.
:( The Easter bunny is just the delivery guy, but he gets ALL the credit. Think about it, what does a bunny have to do with eggs? :rolleyes: Plus who would take candy from a turtle with all his bad germs PR, but a soft cuddy cotton tailed critter is another thing.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
See the tortoise and the hard have this agreement you see. They bet on a race it the rabbit won the tort would do all the deliveries and everything but he lost so now the rabbit delivers!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thalatte said:
See the tortoise and the hard have this agreement you see. They bet on a race it the rabbit won the tort would do all the deliveries and everything but he lost so now the rabbit delivers!

:D I almost wrote that exact thing. :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

He's getting a fabulous teefs cleaning. He comes home so high it's cute. Last time his legs didn't want to go in the same direction so he couldn't walk. They give him an adult sized dose of tramadol.
OOOZZZZZZZZIE!! Oh OOOZZZIEEE! I have something to tell you! :D

What kind of surgery?

mctlong said:
Jacqui said:

I don't know. Easter bunnies leave baskets fully of yummy treats.

See your under the same misguided belief that so many folks fall victim to.
:( The Easter bunny is just the delivery guy, but he gets ALL the credit. Think about it, what does a bunny have to do with eggs? :rolleyes: Plus who would take candy from a turtle with all his bad germs PR, but a soft cuddy cotton tailed critter is another thing.

I don't want any of the chocolately treats my tortoises leave me.. yuck :D

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
You did not kill chat!
I enjoy seeing doggy pictures. I love my three but cannot wait for the chance to get a "real" dog. It'll be a while though :)

Tobias got second for his grade in the 3000 at today's track meet. He gets to go to districts! This kid amazes me, he runs for fun...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi, no, I Think I killed chat by coming back. Don't know if it's the time I get on, or what, but everytime I get on, everyone's gone except for you or sometimes Cowboy. I've got to get on earlier, but I'm usually busy with the torts.

I'm bummed out...this years income tax return is so small, I can't wrap my pinky around it. Don't understand why either because my hubby claims 0 exemption all year, and I don't work.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I don't understand running for fun.. But good for him!

Thalette, did you get yours at ikea like we did? It covers the speaker cables running from the tv to behind the couch so well! And was only $99!

I stopped by work today in non work clothes to get my bf his much wanted copy of Star Wars (to use my discount) and a few of my coworkers didn't even recognize me, lol. Incognito.... Heh

I think my rabbits are going to their new home Friday. It will be bittersweet since their new owner is going to spoil them in ways I couldn't.. But I have had them for the past year. At least I can rest easy knowing they'll be let out often and not shoved in a back bedroom to avoid becoming a Scooby snack...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Hi, no, I Think I killed chat by coming back. Don't know if it's the time I get on, or what, but everytime I get on, everyone's gone except for you or sometimes Cowboy. I've got to get on earlier, but I'm usually busy with the torts.

I'm bummed out...this years income tax return is so small, I can't wrap my pinky around it. Don't understand why either because my hubby claims 0 exemption all year, and I don't work.

At least you are getting a return. I am getting re-bent over again. When you both work and you claim one each they combine your income and move you to a fabulous new tax bracket so they can bleed you out some more. :p Thankfully I don't deal with that but I hear Mike gnashing his teeth from Jan to the very last minute. He won't postmark that check to the IRS until the last minute it is due too because he doesn't think they need any extra interest on his money.

I had to iron Mikeys suit tonight because we have a black tie tomorrow night. We have the DaVinci awards which is this award that recognizes people/groups who are innovators for people who need mobility solutions.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sibi, I got $289 back from one state and owed $219 for where I am now. Stupid hidden taxes... So I got an awesome $70 back. And to think I don't even make 10k a year with my part time job and still got taxed. >.>

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Awards sound like fun! I've told my accountant that when she retires to Puerto Whatever Jungle she chooses, she owes us a yearly paid for vacation!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
HI again. No I got my carpet from lowes for $65. It was on sale.

as far as taxes I got $105 from state and owe the federal $1200+ or something...I dont know how that happened but for those of you running your own business but are an airhead get an accountant to double check everything. Or some sort of computer program. I do my taxes the old fashioned way in a leather bound ledger and apparently I need to retake math classes...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
HI again. No I got my carpet from lowes for $65. It was on sale.

as far as taxes I got $105 from state and owe the federal $1200+ or something...I dont know how that happened but for those of you running your own business but are an airhead get an accountant to double check everything. Or some sort of computer program. I do my taxes the old fashioned way in a leather bound ledger and apparently I need to retake math classes...

My husband uses a combo of excel spreadsheets and turbo tax.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
pugsandkids said:
You did not kill chat!
I enjoy seeing doggy pictures. I love my three but cannot wait for the chance to get a "real" dog. It'll be a while though :)

Tobias got second for his grade in the 3000 at today's track meet. He gets to go to districts! This kid amazes me, he runs for fun...

Wow, that is awesome! It must have felt so good to him!
I ran track & cross country and now so does my daughter but the funny thing is she runs longer distance than I did. I did hurtles and 50 yard dash and she runs 800 & 8 x 4 relay. I am faster than her at sprints but she can lap me in distance.

pugsandkids said:
Awards sound like fun! I've told my accountant that when she retires to Puerto Whatever Jungle she chooses, she owes us a yearly paid for vacation!

I always feel like asking our accountant which of his kids are we putting through school.

Speaking of large chunks of money. I paid the annual insurance bill for the new house and submitted the paid receipt to the lawyers, which is officially the last piece of paperwork I needed to give them. Our closing is set for 4/19. Yay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.