Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
ijmccollum said:
Yeh, but I live in N.UT.....too much snow and subarctic winter temps. We do have some grand geography though.

Ummmmm....I grow those .....I have lizards and spiders. The hissers are the ones that make me jump....I am never ready for the hisssssss. There is one that I like though, don't think it will become lunch. Now if I turned on the lights in the kitchen and things scrambled....I would scream like a little girl.

I lived in north Utah in tooele and Logan and sandy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I'd love to be able to go take college classes just to learn and not have to worry about paying for it or that I HAVE to learn this or that in order to get a job to pay for the schooling.

Thalatte said:
I think the richer you are the more bitter and lonely you become.

I think it's all about how you use the money, not so much the money itself.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Kerryann said:
I will agree with you on this. I'd also love to be able to just go to work and when it gets rough know that I could get up and quit without hurting us financially. :p I don't know that I would do that but I think it changes your perspective and your stress levels.

I can see your point but it's not always true.. one of the nicest men I have ever known is extremely wealthy. He took a 3 million dollar personal loss to save the company I work at because he felt bad about people losing jobs. It was a gamble he took but the people loved him so much that most of the people from that era are still around and have been the ones to work hard to make his investment profitable. He sold a large part of the company to who owns it now but retains a small percentage to stay in contact with his loyal employees like me. Now he helping people trying to start businesses as a venture capitalist who helps entrepreneurs learn how to be business savvy.

Can I have his number? He sounds awesome!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thalatte said:
My great grandfather built a multimillion dollar empire and so him and grandmom did all that. But grandfather was always working and never had time for grandmom or his children. Also once grandfather retired and grandmom died he was lonely and miserable. He is still miserable in his big empty house with bank accounts and trusts full of money. The only thing he has as a hobby is suing his son and grandson.

I think the richer you are the more bitter and lonely you become.

What happened to my comments?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
I'd love to be able to go take college classes just to learn and not have to worry about paying for it or that I HAVE to learn this or that in order to get a job to pay for the schooling.

I think it's all about how you use the money, not so much the money itself.

You should look into iTunes classes. They have some college level courses where you do all the reading or watch videos just for fun and they are free.

sibi said:
What happened to my comments?

Did you leave them in your head? Instead of on the keyboard?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
ijmccollum said:
Thalatte said:
Come to Arizona!!! We have...
Sand...

Utah is much better!!! I miss Utah!!!
Yeh, but I live in N.UT.....too much snow and subarctic winter temps. We do have some grand geography though.
Cowboy_Ken said:
I had to google image to find out what you'all were talking about. In LA, we called those cockroaches.
Ummmmm....I grow those .....I have lizards and spiders. The hissers are the ones that make me jump....I am never ready for the hisssssss. There is one that I like though, don't think it will become lunch. Now if I turned on the lights in the kitchen and things scrambled....I would scream like a little girl.

I would scream to. eeep

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Hearing scurrying as you turn on lights is t as bad as working on a wall and as soon as you put a hole in it hundreds of crickets either fall or jump out onto your head! Now that is scream worthy!!! Ugh hate crickets!

Speaking of screams. Kimberly is giving piper a bath and all I hear is blood curdling screams. Even all the way downstairs it hurts my ears.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sounds fun. The cricket part not the bath part.

So am I the only one on here that has SETI@home running on their computer?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CourtneyAndCarl said:
I'm watching Big Fish... I haven't seen this movie in so long, it's such an amazing one.

I am watching haunted collector on scifi. I watched stranded and I vote meh.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
CourtneyAndCarl said:
I'm watching Big Fish... I haven't seen this movie in so long, it's such an amazing one.

Honestly I bought the movie as soon as it came on DVD as i really wanted to see it but I haven't even taken the wrapping off it.

Maybe I should watch it...

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Thalatte said:
What is seti@home?

It is a program that runs in the background on your computer using unused computing power to evaluate signals from space for sign of intelligent life.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
SETI@home is a program you instal on your computer that ties your computer into the dish array scanning for radio signals from space. There is a lot of radio wave junk coming from earth objects and this helps filter all of it out. With something in the neighborhood of 2+million home systems connected it is the worlds largest super computer. It runs as a screen saver when your computer is idle.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Thalatte said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

Honestly I bought the movie as soon as it came on DVD as i really wanted to see it but I haven't even taken the wrapping off it.

Maybe I should watch it...

It's so good! I am a huge Tim Burton fan so why I like it is obvious but a lot of people who hate him love this movie and are incredibly surprised that it is a Burton film.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
We had a very strange weather day today, it snowed and rained with very high winds since about midnight last night with temps hanging about 32-33, the rain and snow has stopped but the wind is still blowing and the temperature is up to 36, Neither of my outside sulcatas came out (smart torts). Happiness to me is being able to sleep next to my wife every night and then being able to put my feet on the floor and stand up (even though in pain) every morning, and never having to say, "Where Was I When I Really Needed Me". If I can get these things done everything else will take care of itself.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Must have. I tried it again, but it passes the time limit for post, so it just erased the whole thing. And, it was a good one that I'm not going to rewrite. All I'm going to say is that having the things you want doesn't necessarily bring you happiness. Yeah, it'd be nice to have enough money to never have to work, buy and give to those who are in need, to bring some happiness to family and friends. The point is it's all temporary. Often, it also brings stress, creates more problems, and brings out the ugliness of people. In the end, I'd like to believe in something more permanent, bigger than what man can achieve, which isn't much in the way of a future. Note what a famous man wrote, "whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of war, where every man is enemy to every man, the same consequent to the time wherein men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them withal. In such condition there is no place for industry...no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short." Tomas Hobbs wrote that in describing the state of nature. I don't quite belie e that man is not capable of loving charitable acts, but his description of men today is plausible given the state of affairs we find ourselves in time of war and the crazed world we live in. Sorry guys, i didn't intend to write a book, but that's what was on my mind. You can go back to whatever you were doing or saying.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Must have. I tried it again, but it passes the time limit for post, so it just erased the whole thing. A d, it was a good one that I'm not going to rewrite. All I'm going to say is that having the things you want doesn't necessarily bring you happiness. Yeah, it'd be nice to have enough money to never have to work, buy and give to those who are in need, to bring some happiness to family and friends. The point is it's all temporary. Often, it also brings stress, creates more problems, and brings out the ugliness of people. In the end, I'd like to believe in something more permanent, bigger than what man can achieve, wbi h isn't much in the way of a future. Note what a famous man wrote, "whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of war, where every man is enemy to every man, the sa.e consequent to the time wherein men Li e without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them withal. In such condition there is no place for industry...no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short." Tomas Hobbs wrote that in describing the state of nature. I don't quite belie e that man is not capable of loving charitable acts, but his description of men today is plausible given the state of affairs we find ourselves ourselves in time of war and the crazed world we live in. Sorry guys, i didn't intend to write a book, but that's what was on my mind.

That was a good read. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.