Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Welcome back Jacqui!:) Yvonne has been looking for you...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Geesh I was only gone for a day! :D My internet is down and no idea whn it will get back up. I came into town to use the one at the library which is only good for one hour. So much to do on here and no time!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Oh, how I hated that.

Listen up guys, I just posted a new thread on Beware of heating pads. It's about how Sweet Pea died. You may want to read it.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Mrs.C. , did you read all of it yet?

Yep, I finished and it is a short fun quick read. It is basically about all of us:).

Cowboy_Ken said:
Thanks Sibi, 42 with 94% humidity right now here. Most of the humidity is dripping off the trees or dripping out of the sky.

I prefer snow. At least if its cold enough you don't get wet.

It's sleeting here, and it's very windy so it's like getting strapped in the face with a bunch of tiny icy needles.

I just read your thread. I am so sorry for your loss but I hope it helps others in the future. It's hard to do what you think is right and be wrong. :(

Jacqui said:
Geesh I was only gone for a day! :D My internet is down and no idea whn it will get back up. I came into town to use the one at the library which is only good for one hour. So much to do on here and no time!

Aww but we miss you :p
What is this library thing you speak of?? I hear my town has one.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes sadly it's a place I don't often come to. Seems mainly when I don't have internet. I had been planning to start coming, so I can check out books since I never get to used bookstores any more, I already have gotten all the good books from local goodwill type places and buying them is so costly.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I love the library. Our new one has this fake tree with a cave under it and it has all sorts of reading nooks and benches that are a part of it! It is a wonderful place to sit and read.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Yes sadly it's a place I don't often come to. Seems mainly when I don't have internet. I had been planning to start coming, so I can check out books since I never get to used bookstores any more, I already have gotten all the good books from local goodwill type places and buying them is so costly.

I have heard you can check out movies at ours. You should look into that too. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann said:
I have heard you can check out movies at ours. You should look into that too. :D

You still have a VCR? That's what ours carries for movies. Town has 2700 people on a good day I think.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I'm sitting outside with my little escape artist, Carl. I thought he'd be fine with 3 inches of wall between him and the outside world for his first outdoor adventure in MONTHS (heck I thought he'd be happy out here) but nope, I have to be on escape patrol...

At least the wifi is still accessible on the deck.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann said:

You still have a VCR? That's what ours carries for movies. Town has 2700 people on a good day I think.

Our library has DVDs and I hear they get all of the new releases. My friend tried to convince me to go get movies there. I am too stubborn to change and the red box is right on my way home.

CourtneyAndCarl said:
I'm sitting outside with my little escape artist, Carl. I thought he'd be fine with 3 inches of wall between him and the outside world for his first outdoor adventure in MONTHS (heck I thought he'd be happy out here) but nope, I have to be on escape patrol...

At least the wifi is still accessible on the deck.

They are always on escape patrol.. well betty is.. Henry will just chill and walk around but Betty is always creeping the perimeter looking for a hole int the defenses.
I am scared to eat today :( I am evaluating everything I put in my mouth and not just for the normal calorie count. :(

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Question more for women: how many of you do calorie counting or some other sort of dieting?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
Question more for women: how many of you do calorie counting or some other sort of dieting?

I use sparkpeople.com and I add everything I put in my mouth. I am on a very strict diet right now as bathing suit season is coming like a freight train. :D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
My definition of dieting is eating whatever I want and feeling bad about it later.... ha.

But, I was also "blessed" with a ridiculously high metabolism. So much so that as a child, I was always underweight and when I hit puberty, where we're supposed to have a metabolism slow down and what not, I finally managed to get to a normal weight for my age and height.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm careful to not eat things that might irritate the diverticula in my colon. Other than that (no seeds, nuts, popcorn, etc) I eat anything and everything. Calories are not even a consideration.

I don't eat breakfast, but I usually fix a pretty good lunch (more like dinner). Then I will have a piece of cake, pie or ice cream in the evening and no supper.

My big problem is drinking a lot of fluids. It's very hard for me to drink unless I'm thirsty.

Jacqui said:

No, who are you really? And what have you done with our Jacqui?

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Oh my gosh, I drink so much juice! My mom had me tested for diabetes as a kid because I drank so much, apparently that's a sign... But juice is just SO GOOD!

I can't eat a lot of chocolate, I love the taste but it makes me sick :(

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Does it really matter so much being able to fit in a bikini? Is it really worth the effort?

I feel like as long as the person is a good weight why can't they be happy with themselves?

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Thalatte said:
Does it really matter so much being able to fit in a bikini? Is it really worth the effort?

I feel like as long as the person is a good weight why can't they be happy with themselves?

agreed! Bikinis are awkward anyways...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:

I don't wear a bikini. I have had struggles with my weight since my heart problem. I am so glad to have my health that even though bathing suit season is my "motivator" I ensure that all summer long I can ride my bike for miles, kayak all day, and swim. Being healthy affords me the ability to do the things I love. I definitely know for me that when I watch calories I exercise more and when I exercise more I watch calories closely. The two activities go hand in hand for me and if I attempt to do one without the other I don't do either. I am also a results oriented person so doing work with no payoff doesn't motivate me at all.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I am in a weird mood and I don't know why...it is starting to irritate me.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What's bothering you? Something has to be bothering you.
Thalatte said:
I am in a weird mood and I don't know why...it is starting to irritate me.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
This girl that I knew in high school has decided I am a good confidante which is fine but she keeps going on about thes inconsequential fights she has had with her husband and all of them seem to do be because of her selfishness. So I asked her "what's happiness mean to you?" And she gave a superficial answer then asked me. And I couldn't answer her. So now I have been thinking a out it for a few days...
So let me ask all of you: what is happiness for you?

So I guess I do know why...but I am not fond of philosophical moods...

Hmm...I seem to have a knack for killing chat...

Status
Not open for further replies.