Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
She is a good author. I liked anthem and atlas shrugged. Kerouac isn't bad but I don't like Stephen king at all. His books are neither scary or suspenseful instead they are predictable and tedious.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
The only King that I read and cared for, was the four short stories, “The Bachman Books" by Richard Bachman. The story about The Walk should be required reading for all pre-20 young people.
As for Kings other writings, I think he gets into word count contracts.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Cowboy_Ken said:
The only King that I read and cared for, was the four short stories, “The Bachman Books" by Richard Bachman. The story about The Walk should be required reading for all pre-20 young people.
As for Kings other writings, I think he gets into word count contracts.

The hard part is picking just one of the Bachman Books. I think its unfortunate than Rage has gone out of print.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Bachman was a pretend author King came up with to publish less King-like stuff and not suffer reputation wise for doing so. I feel, had he not released his true id before the book was published, there would be merit in this, but alas, I think it was just a failed attempt to gain more money.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Quick fact I know about Stephen King... He went to elementary school with my uncle in law in Stratford, CT until he was in third grade. Then his family moved to MA.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Len said:
Did you know Stephen King has a large male sulcata at his Florida home?

I didn't know it before, but then this was posted:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-44874.html

Well, the West Coast is now experiencing a mild rainy-type disturbance, so as this one moves east, it will be picking up steam and you folks in the mid-east and east will be getting another snow storm soon. Neener, neener! I just wish we would get a bit more rain out of it before it moves on to you guys.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
emysemys said:
I didn't know it before, but then this was posted:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-44874.html

Well, the West Coast is now experiencing a mild rainy-type disturbance, so as this one moves east, it will be picking up steam and you folks in the mid-east and east will be getting another snow storm soon. Neener, neener! I just wish we would get a bit more rain out of it before it moves on to you guys.

I'm with Yvonne here. I need more rain for my 2 wells to be solid and productive over the dry dimmer months.

Each year we have western mountain blue birds stop on their migration here at our place. I find it funny that they migrate for thousands of miles and stop at our place with six cats for a week or so. Fortunately, they're perch feeders if insects so the cats don't stand a chance, but really, here?

*dry, SUMMER months

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah...our weatherman predicted at least an inch of rain. We didn't even get enough to get the dirt in the flower beds wet on top, let alone an inch.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
That thread mentioned Sasha Alexander from risoli and isles had a tort. And she does but its pyramided.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm trying to put off going out and doing my morning chores. It's gray and ugly out there...not really cold, just overcast. Then I have many errands to run and I really hate going into town. I'm so barn sour it stinks!! But this is a pretty boring place this a.m. too, so I guess I'll get off my dead...ahem...and get busy. See you all later.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yvonne, you are too kind, weatherman. Weather guesser is what I call them. I say up here there are two types of people that predict the weather; fools or newcomers.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Good morning everyone. I'm feeling a bit better today. We buried Sweet Pea near our Japanese Magnolia tree out front. Well, let's see there's been talk about allergies, books and authors, roaches, and weather. I have just one thing to say about each. I'm so sorry Kerryann that your food allergies are so life threatening. The book I loved reading most was the Leviathan. I have a phobia of roaches, and today's weather is going to be just fine here in sunny Florida (Haha) Cowboy.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thanks Sibi, 42 with 94% humidity right now here. Most of the humidity is dripping off the trees or dripping out of the sky.

I prefer snow. At least if its cold enough you don't get wet.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I am having issues with my weather app on my phone. It keeps saying its cold outside (50-60) so I dress piper and I up in chilly weather clothes. Then we go outside and it is hot like high 70's-low 80's hot. So then we have to come inside and change and piper throws a huge tantrum. I don't like yahoo weather anymore.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
So, you know what you do? Next time, dress piper up in layers. This way, if it's warmer than expected, you just shed some of her sweaters or tops off. Problem fixed.

Thalatte said:
I am having issues with my weather app on my phone. It keeps saying its cold outside (50-60) so I dress piper and I up in chilly weather clothes. Then we go outside and it is hot like high 70's-low 80's hot. So then we have to come inside and change and piper throws a huge tantrum. I don't like yahoo weather anymore.

I was just welcoming myself back. I know what you mean though. I prefer snow to rain any day.
Cowboy_Ken said:
Thanks Sibi, 42 with 94% humidity right now here. Most of the humidity is dripping off the trees or dripping out of the sky.

I prefer snow. At least if its cold enough you don't get wet.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
My favorite book is Brave New World by Huxley... I will admit, I don't read as much as I used to.

The piggies just had a bath today, they were a little smelly so I decided a bath was in order. Little Freddy pooped all over the tub, and Lillian wouldn't SHUT UP, she kept screaming bloody murder. Tulip is obviously the intelligent one, she was bouncing around all happy then trying to figure out how to use the shower curtain to make her escape.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Again with your geniusness!!! I am banging my head on a wall right now

So I was asked by my family to go visit yuma this weekend but there is the repticon in town and I really really want to go...but I know I shouldn't spend the money on going and I should go home to drop the roaches off...but I really want to see the repticon show. I have never been to one and they only come once a year...but I also want to see my own reptiles!

Status
Not open for further replies.