Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
My recent favorite easy reading book is, “Confessions of a Turtle Lovers Wife" it's a fun digital book that Karen says she doesn't need to read because she married me. Well worth the $1.99 or whatever it is and the money supports the herpdigest and this is a very good resource to help support.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If the repticon comes every year, you can plan for it next year. But your babies need to see you. You've been away from them too long, and I feel that seeing other reptiles that don't belong to you is secondary to the reptiles you own and are responsible for. I feel for your babies not seeing you to care for them because of your job. But, that's not by choice; you have to work. Whereas, it's your choice to be with them when you are free. Don't let that choice be to stay away from them. You know I'm being your conscience here, right?

Thalatte said:
Again with your geniusness!!! I am banging my head on a wall right now

So I was asked by my family to go visit yuma this weekend but there is the repticon in town and I really really want to go...but I know I shouldn't spend the money on going and I should go home to drop the roaches off...but I really want to see the repticon show. I have never been to one and they only come once a year...but I also want to see my own reptiles!

I think I'm going to order it on my nook. Thanks.

quote='Cowboy_Ken' pid='630960' dateline='1362591847']
My recent favorite easy reading book is, “Confessions of a Turtle Lovers Wife" it's a fun digital book that Karen says she doesn't need to read because she married me. Well worth the $1.99 or whatever it is and the money supports the herpdigest and this is a very good resource to help support.
[/quote]

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
$2.99 on iBooks. Anita Salzberg is the author. If you are not familiar with here husband Alan, we all should be. He publishes the online herpdigest that is well worth the subscription.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Mrs.C. , did you read all of it yet?

Yep, I finished and it is a short fun quick read. It is basically about all of us:).

Cowboy_Ken said:
Thanks Sibi, 42 with 94% humidity right now here. Most of the humidity is dripping off the trees or dripping out of the sky.

I prefer snow. At least if its cold enough you don't get wet.

It's sleeting here, and it's very windy so it's like getting strapped in the face with a bunch of tiny icy needles.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
And you thought you had no room for a turtle tank. What about tossing the toaster and putting the tank on the kitchen counter?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
And you thought you had no room for a turtle tank. What about tossing the toaster and putting the tank on the kitchen counter?

Lol! I really want to build a turtle tank into what is a closet in the new house. Rip off the doors and put one of those custom land & water tanks. It is a huge space that a carpenter could make look really nice. Then I could have two or three DBT's.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Again sibi with your geniusness. I was trying to think of a way to do both. Like go to the early admittance on Saturday at 9 then I could get some of the harder to find worms as a treat but that means I wouldn't be able to get home until about 130 As it will be a four hour drive since I have to go pick up my dog before heading home. So I guess I will just leave immediately after work on Friday and that way I have all Saturday and half of Sunday to spend with the reptiles. Maybe I will pick up some feeders from petco before I head home.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

Lol! I really want to build a turtle tank into what is a closet in the new house. Rip off the doors and put one of those custom land & water tanks. It is a huge space that a carpenter could make look really nice. Then I could have two or three DBT's.

DBT?

Today it's cold but not terribly cold here. I look like a kid in my moms clothes today. There is so much wrong with my outfit I can't even figure out where to start. My leggings are pulled half way down my feet and being held up by bra to make them somewhat not scrunchy. My skirt is down on my hips but I still have reverse muffin top.. its where the clothes are so big they aren't tight to the body and have bulging lines.. but my scarf is fabulous and matches my hair and my sweater is cute too... I was holding on to it since fall for spring and now it's like a sweater dress :p
Anyway.. I have behaved today and not had any allergy incidents. :D
I need to read this tortoise lover book you are all talking about. I spend my free time reading technical manuals and my study books for my certifications. I have a bunch of books at home I want to read but they are making the big bookshelves I have full only. I look like an avid reader because I have all of these books I purchase and want to read but never have the time. :p

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh, how I hated that.

Listen up guys, I just posted a new thread on Beware of heating pads. It's about how Sweet Pea died. You may want to read it.

CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Mrs.C. , did you read all of it yet?

Yep, I finished and it is a short fun quick read. It is basically about all of us:).

Cowboy_Ken said:
Thanks Sibi, 42 with 94% humidity right now here. Most of the humidity is dripping off the trees or dripping out of the sky.

I prefer snow. At least if its cold enough you don't get wet.

It's sleeting here, and it's very windy so it's like getting strapped in the face with a bunch of tiny icy needles.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You truly are a sweetheart.
Thalatte said:
Again sibi with your geniusness. I was trying to think of a way to do both. Like go to the early admittance on Saturday at 9 then I could get some of the harder to find worms as a treat but that means I wouldn't be able to get home until about 130 As it will be a four hour drive since I have to go pick up my dog before heading home. So I guess I will just leave immediately after work on Friday and that way I have all Saturday and half of Sunday to spend with the reptiles. Maybe I will pick up some feeders from petco before I head home.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
OH oh...better check that the TX police don't come after you. :p
Cowboy_Ken said:
Kerryann said:

I think…diamond back terrapin.

It's in the view new posts. It says: Beware of Heating Pads for Box Turtles"

Cowboy_Ken said:
Sibi, where is the new thread?

Thalatte

5 Year Member
CtTortoiseMom said:

I had this odd shaped little closet in the reptile room that I debated turning into a water dragon enclosure but then I thought what about a breakfast nook? I don't really need the extra space as I only have two enclosures. Then I have extra storage and when I make my coffee or tea I can look at my 2turtles 1 tortoise (they were in the same tank but it was divided) and 1 water dragon. It would have been perfect except I rapidly acquired even more reptiles and now my reptile room is overflowing with tanks and decorations. And I still keep acquiring more.
Now I am wishing I hadn't paid for the professional cabinets and instead had the closet built into 3 stacking enclosures which would have freed up a lot of room and made my reptile room less crowded.

Moral of the story use any and all available space for enclosures. Even if you don't need that many enclosures now you will need it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.