Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Jeez Kerryann your food allergy incident today sounds really scary!! I can only take a half a benadryl because it makes me feel so tired and loopy.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
The bug I hate most in az is the creatures of the earth. Omg those things are just creepy! And they get big! And they can kill scorpions!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
Wow, I can't believe how many pages are here already. I thought I liked to talk. I bet you reach as many post that was in the first pretend chat, in a shorter amount of time. Happy chatting. BTW, If any of you are getting this latest snow storm dumped on ya, it sucks and heading east.

We are supposed to get snow between 3 am and 8 am

CtTortoiseMom said:
Jeez Kerryann your food allergy incident today sounds really scary!! I can only take a half a benadryl because it makes me feel so tired and loopy.

I am on four Benadryl which I lovingly refer to as bennies ;). I also unate my dinner :(
Do you guys watch shall tank? I like the robin guy.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
We are going to get 6 inches to a foot of snow over then next two days. :( :(

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I used to watch shark tank.

Kerryann there is a new type of allergy doctor that my niece went to as she had a lot of really bad allergies and he basically reprogrammed her body so she could eat normal foods. She does just fine now maybe you should ask your doctor if he knows of that kind of thing.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
I used to watch shark tank.

Kerryann there is a new type of allergy doctor that my niece went to as she had a lot of really bad allergies and he basically reprogrammed her body so she could eat normal foods. She does just fine now maybe you should ask your doctor if he knows of that kind of thing.

One of my friends is doing that with their kid but adult onset allergies are hard to build an immunity. :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Again, an apology for the storm. It was meant to dump rain on us. It didn't, and we need it. It just had to cruise on past us leaving only an inch of rain.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Kerryann said:
One of my friends is doing that with their kid but adult onset allergies are hard to build an immunity. :(

I guess that would be true. And kaelin developed a wierd cough for a while and would almost choke on milk.

It rained fairly good here in Peoria. Well atleast it flooded the upstairs balconies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So I spent a good hour on the phone talking with the 21 yr old that has the russian female I'll be getting. What a good kid. He showed an interest in the tort at a friends house, so, on his next birthday, they gave it to him. He didn't want a tort, but felt bad about the care it had been receiving so he did some research, built a 4'x8' table for it and started buying it things like dandelion greens and mustard greens and such. He lives in an apartment and feels it needs to be able to get outside and he doesn't trust the area he's in to be herbicide free. I was very impressed with this kid. Kinda renewed my faith in young people in the big city.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Aww! My generation isn't nothing but hoes and druggies!!!! Yay!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wait a minute. My daughter is 27 and she's got her act together. She does no hoeing, she has a regular gardner for that.

*gardener

I just tried to post this in the alien pet debate but I guess it's closed.

Kurt Vonagut wrote a fun tale about this very subject. Although the title character was with the hot movie star of the time, he wasn't happy. Seems he had issues with the inhabitants of the planet watching, waiting for them to breed. They even had a tv in the enclosure that was fixed to the same picture as I recall.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Kurt Vonnegut was a weird weird man that wrote meaningless Drabble and was offended by anyone that tried to find a meaning to his stories.

I don't hoe or trim I just let everything grow bushy and untamed!
: P

It must be late! I am laughing my bum off at that lame word play...my wits have deserted me...

Maybe the voices stole them?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You're right about Vonagut and meaning in his books. He only wrote one that had a moral, his words, and it was MotherNight. I've read most of his stuff at least two times. He is an old literary friend of mine and I spent many hours wasting wondering about said nonsense.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I have really only read a couple of his books and the only one I remember is cats cradle. And I had to do a 10 page report on the me won't behind it. I failed the essay as I just repeated something like "there is no meaning to anything this man writes. Apparently his words are frivolous dribble that is meant to confuse and irritate the readers. If you would like to say otherwise please refrain as there is no reason to insult someone with such a complicated mind that is on a level above your puny self."

No clue why the teacher didn't like the paper.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Astoundingly enough I failed both classes I had with that teacher...apparently she couldnt take constructive criticism! O even tried signing up for a class with her in the next semester but sadly my attendance was denied...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Some people have low self-esteem and don't want to face it.
On a side note, I think everyone needs to text the word, “vote" to 5701. It for American idol and the gal can't sing at all, but it would be fun to keep her on the show. It's all about the votes.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Well since I killed chat yet again its off to bed with me.

Ok I will vote even though I haven't watched American idol.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
You'll get a text after you vote with the gals name. You can probably see the performance on YouTube. She's terrible.

My wife says I'm being a mean girl. Lol.

Her name is; Zoanette

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
That was great reading Ken's & Thallet's convo while drinking my coffee this morning. I read all Vonnegut's stuff and I don't remember disliking it. I also went through a Ken Kesey, Jack Kerouac and any other beat era author I could find and love reading those. My husband and I are avid eclectic readers but have one major disagreement... He loves Stephen King and I hate Stephen King. I think his books are so ridiculously packed with insignificant details that it detracts from his stories. But we do agree on best author of all time Ayn Rand, he prefers the Fountain Head and I prefer Atlas Shrugged. I know you didn't ask but there you have it.

Oh & Good Morning Peeps!! I hope Jacqui comes back today, I miss her!!

Status
Not open for further replies.