Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm curious why you're rehoming the one female russian and getting another? Is she the wrong sub-species for your group?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
emysemys said:
I'm curious why you're rehoming the one female russian and getting another? Is she the wrong sub-species for your group?

.?? I'm not rehoming any russians out, just in.

Ok. I see the misunderstanding. I reposted a CL add that I replied to, which is resulting in me getting said russian female.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Cowboy_Ken said:
.?? I'm not rehoming any russians out, just in.

Ok. I see the misunderstanding. I reposted a CL add that I replied to, which is resulting in me getting said russian female.

Oh, I see. I thought you were rehoming one too. Makes much more sense now.

A new Russian is exciting! :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
Something dawned on me 5 minutes ago. We here in this Pretend Chat, are like digital pen pals.

Huh, cool. Yes we are. I might actually get to meet Sibi though because her sister lives in my area. Anyone else coming to CT? It's not exactly a vacay place unless you ski and even then I am sure people would rather go to Vail or wherever else.

Last time I went to CT everyone asked me if I came to see the trees. I was thinking.. I am from MI.. we have trees and fall here too :p:D

I come out east a lot. How far are you from Wilmington DE?

Cowboy_Ken said:
The nice thing is they sound as if they know what they've been doing.

I also was wondering why you were both rehoming and getting another Russian. I thought maybe the one you were booting wasn't a good breeder or something. :p:tort:

Talking about Russians. Last night I gave Betty a bath and afterwards I filed on her beak deformity. I have to file on it about once or twice a week to keep it in check and she really hates it. In fact, she doesn't like me as much as she used to now that she thinks I like to beat her on her facehole :(
Normally by the next day she is at least okay with me enough to want some food. I came down this morning to a super diva attitude. She was out basking and when I walked down she wouldn't look at me and didn't beg for food but scurried into her hide and only had her rear end showing out of it. I put out her food and then when I was out letting the dogs potty she must have come out and started eating. When she saw me coming in she abandoned her food and went back into her hide. :rolleyes: I am just trying to keep her and her beloved food together.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
sibi said:
I'm so sorry guys... but I just found my sweet baby Sweet Pea dead this morning. I've been beside myself and I'm not in the mood to write now. Jacqui, I feel like I'm losing my mind right now.

Oh no!!! *hugs* so sorry sibi!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
CT is the most densely forested state in the U.S. I think it is our only claim to fame besides our ridiculously high taxes. I am about 4-5 hours away from DE, I only know that because we drive from here to DC a lot.

I was floating on a cloud today because I heard the birds singing for the first time since fall. Now I am crashing back to earth because we are getting another 6 inches of snow on Wednesday and snow on Thurs and Fri. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
CT is the most densely forested state in the U.S. I think it is our only claim to fame besides our ridiculously high taxes. I am about 4-5 hours away from DE, I only know that because we drive from here to DC a lot.

I was floating on a cloud today because I heard the birds singing for the first time since fall. Now I am crashing back to earth because we are getting another 6 inches of snow on Wednesday and snow on Thurs and Fri. :(

Yep the same storm is supposed to blow by us starting tonight. :(

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Was 65 and sunny out today so finally took Rosie outside for some natural sun and she found the weeds. I picked her up to move her and she almost peed on my foot! So opinionated...

Does anyone else have a tortoise that tries to eat everything? She goes for roots, shiny rocks, pine cones, etc.

She now weighs 300 grams, up from her 204 grams in October (and 175g when I got her last summer). I called her a heifer when I picked her up, maybe that's why she tried to pee on me :p

Sibi, sorry to hear about sweet pea.
CourtneyandCarl, just send them down my way :p Jk.. My bf would kill me if I added more critters. The person wanting the rabbits fell through so I'm going to try building them a larger cage to make up for their lack of being out often..

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
RosieRedfoot said:
Was 65 and sunny out today so finally took Rosie outside for some natural sun and she found the weeds. I picked her up to move her and she almost peed on my foot! So opinionated...

Does anyone else have a tortoise that tries to eat everything? She goes for roots, shiny rocks, pine cones, etc.

She now weighs 300 grams, up from her 204 grams in October (and 175g when I got her last summer). I called her a heifer when I picked her up, maybe that's why she tried to pee on me :p

CourtneyandCarl, just send them down my way :p Jk.. My bf would kill me if I added more critters. The person wanting the rabbits fell through so I'm going to try building them a larger cage to make up for their lack of being out often..

When my youngest Leo was a hatchling he taste tested everything like that. It was really stressful. Now, he doesn't do that.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
RosieRedfoot said:

Your rabbits probably have it better than the poor piggies right now :p I have them in a 30 gallon storage container with butter lids for food dishes, haha....

I went to Walmart last night to get some food, water bottles, etc... well walmart was out of their small water bottles so I had to buy a HUGE one for dogs, well the poor piggies can't turn the little ball anyways so I stopped at work to buy some things. But before that, I attached the water bottle to some metal thing that holds cars up when you are trying to change the wheel... it isn't a jack but it holds the car up after you've already used the jack... and their hide was an easter basket flipped over on its side... They were ghetto guinea pigs! haha

But I just got back and now they have a real hide and a little water bottle that I fastened to the side of the plastic tote by drilling holes in it... still kind of ghetto but it works!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Your rabbits probably have it better than the poor piggies right now :p I have them in a 30 gallon storage container with butter lids for food dishes, haha....

I went to Walmart last night to get some food, water bottles, etc... well walmart was out of their small water bottles so I had to buy a HUGE one for dogs, well the poor piggies can't turn the little ball anyways so I stopped at work to buy some things. But before that, I attached the water bottle to some metal thing that holds cars up when you are trying to change the wheel... it isn't a jack but it holds the car up after you've already used the jack... and their hide was an easter basket flipped over on its side... They were ghetto guinea pigs! haha

But I just got back and now they have a real hide and a little water bottle that I fastened to the side of the plastic tote by drilling holes in it... still kind of ghetto but it works!

I am sure they aren't judging :) they are probably just happy to be safe, have food, and have water.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Omg, I am so immature! There is a thread that is using one word to ask if male or female and I want to write ..., ok.
I know I am suffering from extreme cabin fever over here!!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
CtTortoiseMom said:
Omg, I am so immature! There is a thread that is using one word to ask if male or female and I want to write ..., ok.

I know what you mean! My favorite thread title this week was: "Thoughts on sex?" So many snarky replies came to mind, but it was a serious thread, so I kept them to myself. :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
mctlong said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I know what you mean! My favorite thread title this week was: "Thoughts on sex?" So many snarky replies came to mind, but it was a serious thread, so I kept them to myself. :D

I am glad I am not the only one!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
mctlong said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

I am glad I am not the only one!!
I am glad I didn't see it :p

Thalatte

5 Year Member
It's near impossible for my to refrain from posting such comments... So I don't try! It's much more amusing to post them!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thalatte said:
It's near impossible for my to refrain from posting such comments... So I don't try! It's much more amusing to post them!

Lol, I like your style:)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Okay so scary stuff happening here :(
I am allergic to a lot of stuff but usually only pork effects me badly. I had some cranberry apple herbal tea this afternoon and I got itchy and had to blow my nose. I went into the bathroom and my face was all red and covered with hives. I then packed up and started home. On my way home, my throat started getting tight. Ugh.. I made it home and took a benadryl. Then at dinner I had a tiny bit of lemon juice and had a relapse :(
I came the closest ever today to epipen. :(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.