Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Middle of nowhere
Today at work someone brought in 3 itty bitty baby guinea pigs that they found abandoned and running around a parking lot. We didn't have room to take them in, so I offered to take them. I just jerry-rigged a make-shift enclosure out of the storage container I originally kept Carl in, and set the little baby piggies up for the night. They are SO CUTE, too bad I've been given one week by my mother to find them new homes.... anyone in NE want a baby guinea pig? :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Today at work someone brought in 3 itty bitty baby guinea pigs that they found abandoned and running around a parking lot. We didn't have room to take them in, so I offered to take them. I just jerry-rigged a make-shift enclosure out of the storage container I originally kept Carl in, and set the little baby piggies up for the night. They are SO CUTE, too bad I've been given one week by my mother to find them new homes.... anyone in NE want a baby guinea pig? :p

Why doesn't your Mom want them around. They are so neat once they learn the frig opening means food and they all start whistling. :D

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I don't have any place to put the poor little things, and even I understand when I've got too much on my plate as is :p

Either way, my mom fell in love with them all the same when she heard them whistle.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
What? You don't believe me? I'm hurt. :'( Just kidding...but, you should look at post 155 & 156. Ken gave the comment, and in 156, I responded, "you may have something there Cowboy." Like I said, we think alike...:p

Jacqui said:
Are you also starting to lose your mind?

Nope was just asking if you were also loosing your mind like I am, since our minds work alike. :p :D

CourtneyAndCarl said:
I don't have any place to put the poor little things, and even I understand when I've got too much on my plate as is :p

Either way, my mom fell in love with them all the same when she heard them whistle.

See those whistles are magical! :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CourtneyAndCarl said:

I wish I could take them. I love little guineas :(

Good morning.. ughh more drama :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning back attcha, Jacqui...and all the rest of you chatty kathy's (and kens)!

Ken: What? You don't relate to hot flashes and butt cheeks?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
emysemys said:

But cheeks, yes,( I like to think of myself as normal). Hot flashes, not so much.

Hey! I have a Russian Tortoise that needs a new home. She is a female and is quite outgoing for a tortoise! According to the vet she is around 15 and can live up to 100 human years. I just recently built her an indoor enclosure based on the tortoise table design shown here http://russiantortoise.net/tortoise_table.htm and she loves it! I Also have 2 brand new lights one is a UVB that mimics sunlight, and the other is a basking heat lamp to add warmth. The lights are on a timed power strip to make it convenient. She eats really simply, she loves salad! I'll provide all the information needed to take proper care so don't worry! Ideally in the summer she needs to be outdoors in an enclosed area once in a while for optimal health and well-being so if you have a house with a backyard that's perfect. The enclosure I built her is giant. Unfortunately I cannot take the entire thing out of the room it is in so I will have to take it apart and it will have to be reassembled once it's in her new home. However I will help put it all back together if needed or provide all the needed instructions to do so. I have spent over 1000$ recently on all the equipment I named and it is all new. But I am giving all of this away for FREE! The only payment I want is the promise of a good, responsible owner. If that is you, please let me know! By the way I call her Ms. Roshi aka Squirtle but you can always change her name. Pictures of her and the included habitat are below, Thanks.

Guess who's getting another russian? Yes, that what would me.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Kerryann said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

Come on over to Nebraska and take a couple of 'em. They are so CUUUUUTE

I can't relate to butt cheeks.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm so sorry guys... but I just found my sweet baby Sweet Pea dead this morning. I've been beside myself and I'm not in the mood to write now. Jacqui, I feel like I'm losing my mind right now.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Cowboy_Ken said:
emysemys said:

But cheeks, yes,( I like to think of myself as normal). Hot flashes, not so much.

Hey! I have a Russian Tortoise that needs a new home. She is a female and is quite outgoing for a tortoise! According to the vet she is around 15 and can live up to 100 human years. I just recently built her an indoor enclosure based on the tortoise table design shown here http://russiantortoise.net/tortoise_table.htm and she loves it! I Also have 2 brand new lights one is a UVB that mimics sunlight, and the other is a basking heat lamp to add warmth. The lights are on a timed power strip to make it convenient. She eats really simply, she loves salad! I'll provide all the information needed to take proper care so don't worry! Ideally in the summer she needs to be outdoors in an enclosed area once in a while for optimal health and well-being so if you have a house with a backyard that's perfect. The enclosure I built her is giant. Unfortunately I cannot take the entire thing out of the room it is in so I will have to take it apart and it will have to be reassembled once it's in her new home. However I will help put it all back together if needed or provide all the needed instructions to do so. I have spent over 1000$ recently on all the equipment I named and it is all new. But I am giving all of this away for FREE! The only payment I want is the promise of a good, responsible owner. If that is you, please let me know! By the way I call her Ms. Roshi aka Squirtle but you can always change her name. Pictures of her and the included habitat are below, Thanks.

Guess who's getting another russian? Yes, that what would me.

Why can't we have stuff like that on Craigslist in Nebraska?

sibi said:
I'm so sorry guys... but I just found my sweet baby Sweet Pea dead this morning. I've been beside myself and I'm not in the mood to write now. Jacqui, I feel like I'm losing my mind right now.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
sibi said:

Sorry to hear that :(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Omg Sylvia, I am so sorry!!

Dagny had a well check up today and she did great. She only weighs 132 pounds, I was shocked because she seems heavier than that the way she can yank me around when she is not wearing her gentle leader.
She also does not stay in the back of the car. She climbs over the seats and sits next to my son like a human and rests her head on my shoulder. I took pics cuz its so sweet...
She also climbed in the front passenger seat and stared at me while I drove. She is strange!

Congrats on your new Russian Ken!

Attachments

• image-1416094067.png
    image-1416094067.png
    407.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image-3719909178.png
    image-3719909178.png
    652.7 KB · Views: 12

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Kerryann said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

That's too far :( or I would be all over that. I could put them in betty's old hampster cage :p

I can relate to butt cheeks but not hot flashes. I get cold flashes I'd say but it's more like a persistent icy hand condition.
Honestly my butt cheeks are starting to disappear so I may not be able to relate to those soon either. Sitting on an unpadded chair is starting to be uncomfortable and Mikey threw me off his lap the other night for stabbing him with my butt bone.

sibi said:

I am soooo sorry :(:(:(:(:(:(

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Kerryann said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:
Kerryann said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

That's too far :( or I would be all over that. I could put them in betty's old hampster cage :p

guineapiggies_zps26de441e.jpg

Here are the three little piggies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Omg Sylvia, I am so sorry!!

Dagny had a well check up today and she did great. She only weighs 132 pounds, I was shocked because she seems heavier than that the way she can yank me around when she is not wearing her gentle leader.
She also does not stay in the back of the car. She climbs over the seats and sits next to my son like a human and rests her head on my shoulder. I took pics cuz its so sweet...
She also climbed in the front passenger seat and stared at me while I drove. She is strange!

Congrats on your new Russian Ken!

Such cute pictures.
I am yelling at my husband through IM about being so tight that he can't ever get the stuff done that he obsesses over because he's always looking for a better deal. I told him spend the money and be done with it dude. I am tired of having the same discussion over and over and over.. Also he needs to sell the crap he is hoarding and get the tires out of my living room before I snuff him out in his sleep... with a pillow.. :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Something dawned on me 5 minutes ago. We here in this Pretend Chat, are like digital pen pals.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Something dawned on me 5 minutes ago. We here in this Pretend Chat, are like digital pen pals.

Huh, cool. Yes we are. I might actually get to meet Sibi though because her sister lives in my area. Anyone else coming to CT? It's not exactly a vacay place unless you ski and even then I am sure people would rather go to Vail or wherever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.