Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Ooohh, i thought of another Dumb thing that I can't stop doing... Destroying IPhones!! I go through about two phones a year. Now I have a water proof case on mine because the last two times they were destroyed by water. Once was when my 6 year old needed help in a swimming pool and I jumped in fully clothed with my phone in my pocket. Then 3 months later I was at my older daughters cross country meet and I had her water bottle in my purse and when I went to give it to her the whole thing had spilled in my purse and my phone was floating on top completely dead. I simply lost the one before that while shopping. It is definitely not fun being Rob!!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Lard sounds gross, but tastes sooo good, IMO. :D

Thanks Sibi! We are very excited!

Kerryann, how long have you been a vegetarian?

CtTortoiseMom said:
Ooohh, i thought of another Dumb thing that I can't stop doing... Destroying IPhones!! I go through about two phones a year. Now I have a water proof case on mine because the last two times they were destroyed by water. Once was when my 6 year old needed help in a swimming pool and I jumped in fully clothed with my phone in my pocket. Then 3 months later I was at my older daughters cross country meet and I had her water bottle in my purse and when I went to give it to her the whole thing had spilled in my purse and my phone was floating on top completely dead. I simply lost the one before that while shopping. It is definitely not fun being Rob!!

Same here! My current phone lasted less then three days before I dropped it on a rock and cracked the screen! Fortunately, it still works. I broke my last one by bringing it to work with me and getting sand and debris in the inner-workings (I have a very dusty job). I also lose them like crazy. I've accidentally thrown two away, I had one stolen during a mugging, and I accidentally buried one in the bottom of a 15ft trench in an archaeological site! I don't think I was meant to carry cell phones. :rolleyes:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
mctlong said:

CtTortoiseMom said:

Same here! My current phone lasted less then three days before I dropped it on a rock and cracked the screen! Fortunately, it still works. I broke my last one by bringing it to work with me and getting sand and debris in the inner-workings (I have a very dusty job). I also lose them like crazy. I've accidentally thrown two away, I had one stolen during a mugging, and I accidentally buried one in the bottom of a 15ft trench in an archaeological site! I don't think I was meant to carry cell phones. :rolleyes:

You and Kerryann are making me feel normal:).

A mugging sounds scary!! What happened?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
mctlong said:

CtTortoiseMom said:

My hubs and i have been vegetarians for almost 3 years. I was a vegetarian from 88 to 97 and it is way easier now than then.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
My gran-da reminded me of another dumb thing I did.

When I was six I went on a plane ride to my gran-da's farm and in his old hay barn there is a loft on each side but the very middle is an open floor with a beam that has a rope and pulley system for lifting the hay bales up to the loft. He had not used the thing in a good 20-30 years as the barn was falling apart, instead he parked his old trucks in the barn. Well one day when gran-da was working I decided to go exploring and swung from one side of the lot to the other like Tarzan. But I didn't check the state of the rope and it broke so I went flying and landed in the bed of his truck on top of all his equipment and a pitchfork prongs went through the fleshy part of my leg. Luckily it didn't hit anything important so I was about to just bandage it and not have stitches.

Kerryann said:
My hubs and i have been vegetarians for almost 3 years. I was a vegetarian from 88 to 97 and it is way easier now than then.

Are you vegetarian or vegan?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
mctlong said:

CtTortoiseMom said:

Could you imagine what an archeologist would think of the iPhone in a thousand years from now when they unearth your lost phone?

[/u]Wow, Thallatte, how could you think you wouldn't need stitches? At least when I put crazy glue in my eye, I screamed to go to the ER.:rolleyes:,
Thalatte said:

When I was six I went on a plane ride to my gran-da's farm and in his old hay barn there is a loft on each side but the very middle is an open floor with a beam that has a rope and pulley system for lifting the hay bales up to the loft. He had not used the thing in a good 20-30 years as the barn was falling apart, instead he parked his old trucks in the barn. Well one day when gran-da was working I decided to go exploring and swung from one side of the lot to the other like Tarzan. But I didn't check the state of the rope and it broke so I went flying and landed in the bed of his truck on top of all his equipment and a pitchfork prongs went through the fleshy part of my leg. Luckily it didn't hit anything important so I was about to just bandage it and not have stitches.

Kerryann said:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
mctlong said:

CtTortoiseMom said:

You and Kerryann are making me feel normal:).

A mugging sounds scary!! What happened?

Agreed a mugging sounds no good at all :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Could someone help me out here? During the days of lag, I had come across some section of the forum that involved adoption/sponsorship of tortoises needing to be collected. Can anyone point me towards it? I found a 15yrish sulcata that needs placing on Craigslist. I could house it, but I was only able to get them down to the $200.00 he paid for it from the $300.00 he originally wanted. I can't swing the money for that.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Cowboy_Ken said:
Could someone help me out here? During the days of lag, I had come across some section of the forum that involved adoption/sponsorship of tortoises needing to be collected. Can anyone point me towards it? I found a 15yrish sulcata that needs placing on Craigslist. I could house it, but I was only able to get them down to the $200.00 he paid for it from the $300.00 he originally wanted. I can't swing the money for that.

This one?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:

Kerryann said:

I will bet it was fun until you landed. :D

I am a vegetarian but I only eat egg and dairy from specified sources. I only eat eggs from pastured chickens and I only eat kosher or real amish cheese. My one thing I can admit is when I am at restaurants I avoid non vegan options but it doesn't always work out 100%. I am to the point with my diet that I can tell if I ingest stock or anything. In fact, I should have been sickly if those muffins had lard.. hmmm..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We can always count on Jaizei to find those pesky hidden links for us. I vote to name him our "historian."

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
sibi said:
Could you imagine what an archeologist would think of the iPhone in a thousand years from now when they unearth your lost phone?

I don't know about the archaeologists, but I bet the local folks would blame it on aliens. It always comes down to aliens. :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I think tokay geckos are aliens. They are perfect for zero gravity, they see in the dark,and they have real vocal cords. I think the reason they're so ornery is do to the fact they crashed here, and no one is coming to save them.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I second that!

emysemys said:
We can always count on Jaizei to find those pesky hidden links for us. I vote to name him our "historian."

You may have something there Cowboy =D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
I think tokay geckos are aliens. They are perfect for zero gravity, they see in the dark,and they have real vocal cords. I think the reason they're so ornery is do to the fact they crashed here, and no one is coming to save them.

This literally made me LOL.
I am now organizing for people to go work with the kids we had in last week. The amount of volunteers I am getting is great :)

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
mctlong said:
sibi said:

I don't know about the archaeologists, but I bet the local folks would blame it on aliens. It always comes down to aliens. :p

a5hlhu.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
(I love that guy's hair. Do you think he owns a comb? - by the way, I actually watch that show! Sh-h-h-h)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Where do you find these things? Lol
jaizei said:
mctlong said:
sibi said:

a5hlhu.jpg

Where do you find the time to see all this? I didn't even know it was a on TV. , or is it?

[quoted='emysemys' pid='630119' dateline='1362431546']
(I love that guy's hair. Do you think he owns a comb? - by the way, I actually watch that show! Sh-h-h-h)
[/quote]

Hey Cowboy, you've been awfully quite lately. What have you been up to lately?

[/font]
Cowboy_Ken said:
jaizei said:

Yes, that one. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.