Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Thalatte said:
If I moved away my sister would be pulled into it and she is t strong enough emotionally to deal with this. Plus she is brilliant and going to a good university and will become an engineer! I need her to make the big bucks so she can pay for all of our parents to be in old folk homes because I certainly won't be paying for it!

Now what in tarnations is happening with this forum? Can someone please point me towards the high drama threads? I am curious as to what has everyone in a snit.
Why do you say that? Who's in a "snit?"

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I have read in various posts (Mainly this one) that there was alot of drama and moderator bashing and I was just wondering what it was about.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Well, I so glad too. I mean, you could've had strep and that would have been much worse. I can't wait for spring weather. This way I can go back to taking my babies to the park to eat their favorite weeds, clovers.

Hey,I just thought of this yesterday. Why don't we each write about the dumbest thing we ever did. I can start it off.

The dumbest thing I ever did was make the mistake to put the nail glue on my night table next to my eye drops. Every morning I need to put drops in my eyes. So, I was getting ready for work, and as usual, I picked up my eye drops and put 2-3 drops in my right eye when I noticed it began to sting...a whole lot. I immediately realized I picked up the wrong bottle and put the nail glue in my eye. I screamed and ran to the bathroom to rinse the eye out with water. All along, I'm hysterical streaming for someone to get me to the ER. Well, as it turned out, they had to pry my eye open, tearing all the eye lid hairs off. I has three ulcerations on the cornea, and it took three months for full eyesight to be restored back to normal. I was asked at the ER room, how did I put glue in my eye? Then, the nurse said, "I've treated people who glued their fingers, hands, and even hair, but never treated someone who purposefully glued their eye shut." Of course, it became became a big joke afterwards. But, it would have been a different story had I gone blind. I was pretty lucky!
Well, that's my dumbest thing, what's yours?

Holy crud.. I do a lot of dumb stuff but I think the worst was when I was like 12 and we were ringing bells and running. I took off running down a wet hill and twisted my knee and dislocated my knee cap. If that wasn't bad enough I put it back in place, hobbled home and tried to pretend nothing happened. My knee blew up like a basketball and I for rushed to the ER and still wouldn't admit what happened until later. It still hurts when it rains. :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I, too, would like to know of the moderator bashing. I hold Josh, and the moderators in high esteem and I would feel poorly were I to chum up to someone who bashed in any way other than a pm.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh, yeah. There is/was a thread on "deleted posts" that really brought out the ugliness in some people. The first thread they had broke the forum rule to not bash a member or use derogatory language, and so it was deleted. Well, that caused a big stink with the author of the original thread. Be started to bash the moderators (primarily Jacqui and Yvonne). I had followed it for a while, but it seems like the member was more interested in venting and rehashing the past rather than address what he said was important information on the preservation of a rare specie. I don't see the thread anymore. It just may be that i haven't been looking for it either.
Thalatte said:
I have read in various posts (Mainly this one) that there was alot of drama and moderator bashing and I was just wondering what it was about.

I'll PM you.
Cowboy_Ken said:
I, too, would like to know of the moderator bashing. I hold Josh, and the moderators in high esteem and I would feel poorly were I to chum up to someone who bashed in any way other than a pm.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Wow a lot of you moved out so early. I packed up my car and moved to college at 17 and thought that was pretty impressive but you guys are so brave and have made such wonderful lives. Thankfully my Mom never asked me for money. Her pride too strong for that but a lot of other family members have. You can only bail out people so many times and I think my limit is twice. My kids sister complains all the time that I give the kid so much and don't give her stuff still. I took care of her for years and she just continued to mess up. I gave her almost 30k one year and she was working full time and she still got evicted and her car repoed. the kid does well in school and is a good investment but her sister would take my help and end up worse off. Now I just tell everyone that this is my time with my husband and I don't have much leftover since I was paying for him and the kids school until last year.

sibi said:
Oh, yeah. There is/was a thread on "deleted posts" that really brought out the ugliness in some people. The first thread they had broke the forum rule to not bash a member or use derogatory language, and so it was deleted. Well, that caused a big stink with the author of the original thread. Be started to bash the moderators (primarily Jacqui and Yvonne). I had followed it for a while, but it seems like the member was more interested in venting and rehashing the past rather than address what he said was important information on the preservation of a rare specie. I don't see the thread anymore. It just may be that i haven't been looking for it either.

I'll PM you.

But we heart the moderators :( people shouldn't be mean to them.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kerryann, that was so painful!!! Like my eye thingey. You were a kid, so I don't consider that as the dumbest thing because everyone knows that kids do dumb things :p Sorry, you'll have to try again=D
Kerryann said:
sibi said:
Well, I so glad too. I mean, you could've had strep and that would have been much worse. I can't wait for spring weather. This way I can go back to taking my babies to the park to eat their favorite weeds, clovers.

Hey,I just thought of this yesterday. Why don't we each write about the dumbest thing we ever did. I can start it off.

The dumbest thing I ever did was make the mistake to put the nail glue on my night table next to my eye drops. Every morning I need to put drops in my eyes. So, I was getting ready for work, and as usual, I picked up my eye drops and put 2-3 drops in my right eye when I noticed it began to sting...a whole lot. I immediately realized I picked up the wrong bottle and put the nail glue in my eye. I screamed and ran to the bathroom to rinse the eye out with water. All along, I'm hysterical streaming for someone to get me to the ER. Well, as it turned out, they had to pry my eye open, tearing all the eye lid hairs off. I has three ulcerations on the cornea, and it took three months for full eyesight to be restored back to normal. I was asked at the ER room, how did I put glue in my eye? Then, the nurse said, "I've treated people who glued their fingers, hands, and even hair, but never treated someone who purposefully glued their eye shut." Of course, it became became a big joke afterwards. But, it would have been a different story had I gone blind. I was pretty lucky!
Well, that's my dumbest thing, what's yours?

Holy crud.. I do a lot of dumb stuff but I think the worst was when I was like 12 and we were ringing bells and running. I took off running down a wet hill and twisted my knee and dislocated my knee cap. If that wasn't bad enough I put it back in place, hobbled home and tried to pretend nothing happened. My knee blew up like a basketball and I for rushed to the ER and still wouldn't admit what happened until later. It still hurts when it rains. :p

Thalatte

5 Year Member
My mother has never outright asked for money instead she digs a whole so deep she can't get out and then tries to take the cowards way out but tells my sister about it so she is guaranteed to fail. Then my sister calls me bawling about the circumstances and how she has to go help. If I let my sister handle things then she turns into a wreck so instead I just learned to step in and fix everything before it gets bad and thus I rescue my mother and make my sister happy.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
But, then, in the process you screw yourself. That's why I said you're kindhearted, because rather than to have your sister, who's emotionally weaker than you, take tbe fall, you take on the burden that you should never have had to. I feel for you, and I don't want you to become bitter over that. Trust in God and trust in yourself. We usually get back what you've done in the past. Your goodness will reap its rewards, just don't make that experience change the person you are in the inside.

Thalatte said:
My mother has never outright asked for money instead she dogs a whole so deep she can't get out and then tries to take the cowards way out but tells my sister about it so she is guaranteed to fail. Then my sister calls me bawling about the circumstances and how she has to go help. If I let my sister handle things then she turns into a wreck so instead I just learned to step in and fix everything before it gets bad and thus I rescue my mother and make my sister happy.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
sibi said:
But, then, in the process you screw yourself. That's why I said you're kindhearted, because rather than to have your sister, who's emotionally weaker than you, take tbe fall, you take on the burden that you should never have had to. I feel for you, and I don't want you to become bitter over that. Trust in God and trust in yourself. We usually get back what you've done in the past. Your goodness will reap its rewards, just don't make that experience change the person you are in the inside.

I feel like you chould become an inspirational speech person...You would do good at it. :)

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
sibi said:
What?
CourtneyAndCarl said:
My car wasn't too damaged from the accident, but yes, folliculitis sucks. It's basically a puppy staph infection.

Haha, you guys are moving too fast for me, I was replying to someone from a few pages ago. I was in a minor car accident on my way to the vet's office where I was told my dog has folliculitis.

Thankfully he's good in the bathtub because he is getting lots of baths for a few weeks.

Anyways.... dumbest thing I've ever done? Hmm, I am not sure, I'm a teenager so I'm sure I have a lot of time left to do stupid things.

And as for parents asking for money... I have very real and current experience with this... A little bit of a different situation but it is still ridiculous and awful.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thalatte said:
sibi said:

I feel like you chould become an inspirational speech person...You would do good at it. :)

How could you know that I'm not?:p

Of course you had time for dumb things. As a kid & teenager, I can bet you did some really dumb things. Just look to see what I did as a mother of three. I mean, can anyone be more dumber than me? :p

CourtneyAndCarl said:
sibi said:
What?
CourtneyAndCarl said:
My car wasn't too damaged from the accident, but yes, folliculitis sucks. It's basically a puppy staph infection.

Haha, you guys are moving too fast for me, I was replying to someone from a few pages ago. I was in a minor car accident on my way to the vet's office where I was told my dog has folliculitis.

Thankfully he's good in the bathtub because he is getting lots of baths for a few weeks.

Anyways.... dumbest thing I've ever done? Hmm, I am not sure, I'm a teenager so I'm sure I have a lot of time left to do stupid things.

And as for parents asking for money... I have very real and current experience with this... A little bit of a different situation but it is still ridiculous and awful.

CourtneyAndCarl said:
sibi said:
What?
CourtneyAndCarl said:

Btw, this thing your dog has, is it like smelly. I mean, does your dog's coat smell bad from it? And, you're not getti g off Scot free. You're got a silly/dumb Thi g you're done. Co'mon share with us.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Ok so this weekend I was supposed to be going home so on Sunday I picked up a colony of roaches for dirt cheap thinking that I would be able to drop them off at my home on Wednesday. Since I didn't end up going home I now have a colony of roaches living in a makeshift container in my closet and I feel dumb for "smuggling" food into my closet to feed my secret bugs...if Kimberley found out she would flip. Also I don't know when I will be able to make it home so I don't know what to do with the darn things now.

Last Sunday I picked them up not today!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You can release them in her bedroom :D Just kidding!!!1 Well, you can just dump them in the outside trash. How cold is it where you are? If it's freezing, they'll die within an hour. Or, you can return them to the store you bought them, even if they won't refund your money. Frankly, I don't know why anyone would pay for roaches. The thought of it makes my skin crawl....
Thalatte said:
Ok so this weekend I was supposed to be going home so on Sunday I picked up a colony of roaches for dirt cheap thinking that I would be able to drop them off at my home on Wednesday. Since I didn't end up going home I now have a colony of roaches living in a makeshift container in my closet and I feel dumb for "smuggling" food into my closet to feed my secret bugs...if Kimberley found out she would flip. Also I don't know when I will be able to make it home so I don't know what to do with the darn things now.

Last Sunday I picked them up not today!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Because if I can get a stable colony reproducing not only will I save $20 a week I might also be able to sell the extras. I want to eventually have all my insect loving animals eating mainly roaches. Oh and if I don't get a job right away at least I will have the insects breeding so my reptiles don't starve. I will but the reptiles will be fed.

The thing about roaches is they can't escape plastic or glass. Can't fly can't jump. They don't stink, or make noise and they are easy enough to breed if you keep them warm. Also they are more nutritious than crickets and they are more filling as well. I detest roaches as well but if it saves me money and makes Riddler happy then that's all that matters.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tha... If she finds those roaches, I would remind her you had gotten them thinking you were going home. She is the one who had you stay with them instead of going home as planned. So she can either allow thebugs to stay or give you money to cover their costs (including gas) and you will get rid of them now.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Ooooh, the thought of a bunch of creepy crawly cockroaches makes my skin crawl. I understand the necessity and applaud your dedication. I could never raise those.

Spring and I have a love/hate relationship.

I love that its warming up, the sun is out, and beautiful flowers are starting to bloom.

I hate that its warming up causing the flowers to release their devils pollen all over the place. My allergies are drving me crazy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sorry about your allergies. :( I am lucky and only have small ones... animals and dust, of course I add Drs and Dentists to the list too. :rolleyes::D

Status
Not open for further replies.