Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Why would bathing her be abusive? Or, are you saying, she'll think it's abusive?

When I bath her she acts like she's in trouble. She cries and tries to escape. She isn't actually being abused. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi everybody!

I wish I had a good spot to give Misty a bath. There's no way I could get her into the tub. I suppose I could drag her into the shower (with me), but she's so darned big, there would be no room to work. Sigh...I guess I'll just have to wait for warmer weather when I can do it outside with the hose. Trouble is, she stinks NOW, not in a couple months!

So what does everyone have planned for today?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh my! They let him eat out of the public for sale bins??? Yuck! Won't be buying treats for my dogs out of those bins any more. Gross and germs, what where they thinking?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was thinking the same thing, Jacqui. That looks like a Great Dane-type dog and you know how they slobber!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:
I was thinking the same thing, Jacqui. That looks like a Great Dane-type dog and you know how they slobber!

Reminded me a bit of Dagney (did I spell that right?) Erin's dog.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just watched it again, this time with my speakers turned on. Evidently the store has a birthday policy giving birthday dogs 30 seconds at the buffet table. I would have to assume that the left overs would be taken up and new placed for the next birthday dog.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Haha, that was a one time thing, dogs aren't normally allowed to do it :p

And those cookies get changed practically every day so I wouldn't be too worried about it!

Cowboy_Ken said:
Think how fun it would be if organic produce markets did that for tortoises!

Haha, Carl would be so happy! But he wouldn't eat hardly anything, with how itty bitty he is!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thalatte said:
How do you go about getting a date?

I think I want to go on one but I dont know of any single guys around my age or where I would meet them...

I found my husband being involved in off roading. We have a common hobby and we were friends before we dated. It was a win win. I am not saying that off roading is the only hobby but having the hobby helped. :D

I went and did mentoring this morning with a charter school. It was so much fun. I had the cutest little student assigned to me. He was a 2nd grader and was so stinking smart. I loved the program. :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CourtneyAndCarl said:

And those cookies get changed practically every day so I wouldn't be too worried about it!

Yeah, but are those bins themselves sterilized daily? "Practically every day" so would that bother you to know the man who is making your food washes his hands practically every day too? :rolleyes: :p

Still has the image too of not paying close attention, as I stick my hand into a bin to get a dog cookie and coming up with a handful of dog slime! :(

Kerryann said:
I went and did mentoring this morning with a charter school. It was so much fun. I had the cutest little student assigned to me. He was a 2nd grader and was so stinking smart. I loved the program. :D

Neat! Better watch out in a few years he may be taking your job from you. :p :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
CourtneyAndCarl said:

Yeah, but are those bins themselves sterilized daily? "Practically every day" so would that bother you to know the man who is making your food washes his hands practically every day too? :rolleyes: :p

Still has the image too of not paying close attention, as I stick my hand into a bin to get a dog cookie and coming up with a handful of dog slime! :(

I almost lost my lunch from that visual. I couldn't have a slobbery dog. My lab isn't slobbery thank god. :p

I have hives all of my face again :( I didn't even eat anything naughty.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Kerryann said:
I almost lost my lunch from that visual. I couldn't have a slobbery dog. My lab isn't slobbery thank god. :p

Maybe you should get your allergies retested. Sometimes they evolve or you develop new ones over the years.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:

Are the hives bothering you or just there?

I don't like slobbers myself either. The coonhound every so often might have a small one. :( I didn't like it from our horses either. Heck I don't even like slobbery human kisses. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Then you definitely wouldn't like a tame cow. They slobber and lick!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

Are the hives bothering you or just there?

I don't like slobbers myself either. The coonhound every so often might have a small one. :( I didn't like it from our horses either. Heck I don't even like slobbery human kisses. :D

I think the hives are stress related. I was all upset this morning about something after I finally yelled and put my foot down instead of being mrs nice girl.. they are now gone. I was also worried about a meeting tomorrow but the results of the audit were good, which is what I thought but you never can be sure. :)
I hate getting allergy tested :(

Status
Not open for further replies.