Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
jaizei said:
Thalatte said:
What is seti@home?

It is a program that runs in the background on your computer using unused computing power to evaluate signals from space for sign of intelligent life.

I never heard of it. Huh

Len said:
We had a very strange weather day today, it snowed and rained with very high winds since about midnight last night with temps hanging about 32-33, the rain and snow has stopped but the wind is still blowing and the temperature is up to 36, Neither of my outside sulcatas came out (smart torts). Happiness to me is being able to sleep next to my wife every night and then being able to put my feet on the floor and stand up (even though in pain) every morning, and never having to say, "Where Was I When I Really Needed Me". If I can get these things done everything else will take care of itself.

Sounds like some good happiness. :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Cowboy, it's a waste of time.
Cowboy_Ken said:
SETI@home is a program you instal on your computer that ties your computer into the dish array scanning for radio signals from space. There is a lot of radio wave junk coming from earth objects and this helps filter all of it out. With something in the neighborhood of 2+million home systems connected it is the worlds largest super computer. It runs as a screen saver when your computer is idle.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
who's Cici? It smells like he/she needs a bath too.
Kerryann said:
Cici smells like a mix of a dirty sock, a hot sack of fritos, and musty.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
Cici smells like a mix of a dirty sock, a hot sack of fritos, and musty.

Ummm interesting combo there.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Jacqui, I'm hearing of the storm in the Midwest. A man was killed in the Hwy in his rig when it went o er a bridge into a river in Wisconsin. This weather is insane.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thank goodness Nebraska weather is nice, I might even get some time for tortoises outside the next few days before rain and then colder weather come back on the weekend. Jeff is safe because currently he is in CA.

I just think weather every where this year seems freaky or is it just we have so much better coverage we hear more about it?

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Apparently the storm didn't make it to Eastern Nebraska because I haven't heard anything about it... how backwards am I!?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
No, the weather is freaky. Global warming??? I did a search a while back on the crazy weather (quakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.) and found that in the last 20 years there has been an increase in intensity and frequency of this crazy weather. So glad that you're ok and that Jeff is in a safe place too.
Jacqui said:
Thank goodness Nebraska weather is nice, I might even get some time for tortoises outside the next few days before rain and then colder weather come back on the weekend. Jeff is safe because currently he is in CA.

I just think weather every where this year seems freaky or is it just we have so much better coverage we hear more about it?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:

Cici is my lab. She lives to swim but if you give her a bath you are wrongfully abusing her. My other dog is going in for a hair cut and she's going in for a bath. Her oily fur is pretty much always a little fritoesque

sibi said:
No, the weather is freaky. Global warming??? I did a search a while back on the crazy weather (quakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc.) and found that in the last 20 years there has been an increase in intensity and frequency of this crazy weather. So glad that you're ok and that Jeff is in a safe place too.

I'm watching doomsday preppers. They have a couple on who are prepping for global warming.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Why would bathing her be abusive? Or, are you saying, she'll think it's abusive?

Kerryann said:
sibi said:

Cici is my lab. She lives to swim but if you give her a bath you are wrongfully abusing her. My other dog is going in for a hair cut and she's going in for a bath. Her oily fur is pretty much always a little fritoesque

sibi said:

I'm watching doomsday preppers. They have a couple on who are prepping for global warming.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I have the worst Labrador ever. Labs were breed to be water retrieval dogs and yet Luke will flip out if you so much as turn the sink on. And if it rains or the sprinklers were on then he wont go outside instead he goes on all my cages which makes the other male dogs go on the cages and its a never ending cycle!!! also he will not walk on wet surfaces. He will either go around them, jump over them, or if neither of those is an option he sits down and growls at you as if he is scolding me for not being able to go where he wants!!!
He is such a finicky grumpy old man.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'll remember that.
Thalatte said:
I have the worst Labrador ever. Labs were breed to be water retrieval dogs and yet Luke will flip out if you so much as turn the sink on. And if it rains or the sprinklers were on then he wont go outside instead he goes on all my cages which makes the other male dogs go on the cages and its a never ending cycle!!! also he will not walk on wet surfaces. He will either go around them, jump over them, or if neither of those is an option he sits down and growls at you as if he is scolding me for not being able to go where he wants!!!
He is such a finicky grumpy old man.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
How do you go about getting a date?

I think I want to go on one but I dont know of any single guys around my age or where I would meet them...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thalatte said:
How do you go about getting a date?

I think I want to go on one but I dont know of any single guys around my age or where I would meet them...

Sporting events.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
sibi said:

How so?

because the aliens know what a waste of space the human race is and wont get in contact with us unless they need a pet that is worse than a cockroach. :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You're too funny Thalatte. I'll get into it with you tomorrow Ken, if that's ok with you. My hubby is calling me to bed. You know how that is.
Good night guys.
Thalatte said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
sibi said:

How so?

because the aliens know what a waste of space the human race is and wont get in contact with us unless they need a pet that is worse than a cockroach. :D

Thalatte

5 Year Member
I dont actually...but I am off to bed as well...right after I finish this evisceration of a literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.