Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm glad you're getting new appliances. The black is nice, but it makes the kitchen so dark!

I like your picture.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:p I like my microwave on the counter, so I can better watch what is cooking plus to clean up. ;) I like your kitchen and you know what, now I like the table better with it in place. I find the open space above the cabinets to be a waste. I never use it, except sorta a junk area. :( Ummm when you rip out the frig, would you bring it over here? I could use a new one. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
They used to do the space above cabinets because they figured cabinets all the way up are too tall, and a lot of old vent systems used to run soffets there. But that was the 50's to 90's trend. Now it's all about the taller cabinets going up higher for more storage space. I watch too much hgtv some days... I've seen this newer way of installing a microwave and it is a drawer microwave. Like, open the drawer and set food down in it. I want one just to amaze people, although seems like a bad idea if there are kids around lol.

SpdTrtl

10 Year Member!
Austin, TX
Nice kitchen, the stainless steel is going to make those dark cabinets pop.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Yes & thanks all :). Everything in the whole house is very dark. It is so crazy because it was built in 89 but they were going for this whole 17th century feel on the inside and out. There is not a single ceiling light except for an old fashioned chandelier in the entry way and and equally old fashioned and ugly one in the dining room. I am having an electrician put recessed lighting everywhere!! We painted two rooms so far and had to use very light colors to go with the dark trim and windows and it worked and seems very homey and light now, well, in those two rooms. I will post pics of those too:). The neighbors are all very welcoming.My house is the first house on a cul du sac and all of the people that live here had their home built to suit by the developer in the early 90's so they are all at the beginning stages of having an empty nest and love that i have young children, because all of their children are in college or high school.

@ Ken, there are all underground wires here so I don't think we lose power that often but we have a generator if we do :). The old house is almost completely moved out of and has had a steady two-three showings a week but no bites yet. We are not replacing the cabinets because they are really nice cabinets that were put in in 06 when they remodeled their kitchen.

Yes, Jacqui you can have my fridge, I am already giving my stove to a friend of mine who needs a new one. just have Jeff swing by and pick it up in a couple of weeks.

Here is my 13 yo's room, she wants a huge white flower of some sort on her red wall and she wants a red chair for her desk and does not like any of the window treatments I have shown her so it is obviously not done.
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368030099.030043.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368030113.287101.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368030126.404620.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368030139.672986.jpg

Here is my 6 yo's room. It is a lot of pink but she said that is what she wanted and she loves it so....
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368030348.214205.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368030364.461056.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368030378.992053.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368030396.739107.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
CtTortoiseMom said:
Yes & thanks all :). Everything in the whole house is very dark. It is so crazy because it was built in 89 but they were going for this whole 17th century feel on the inside and out. There is not a single ceiling light except for an old fashioned chandelier in the entry way and and equally old fashioned and ugly one in the dining room. I am having an electrician put recessed lighting everywhere!! We painted two rooms so far and had to use very light colors to go with the dark trim and windows and it worked and seems very homey and light now, well, in those two rooms. I will post pics of those too:). The neighbors are all very welcoming.My house is the first house on a cul du sac and all of the people that live here had their home built to suit by the developer in the early 90's so they are all at the beginning stages of having an empty nest and love that i have young children, because all of their children are in college or high school.

@ Ken, there are all underground wires here so I don't think we lose power that often but we have a generator if we do :). The old house is almost completely moved out of and has had a steady two-three showings a week but no bites yet. We are not replacing the cabinets because they are really nice cabinets that were put in in 06 when they remodeled their kitchen.

Yes, Jacqui you can have my fridge, I am already giving my stove to a friend of mine who needs a new one. just have Jeff swing by and pick it up in a couple of weeks.

Here is my 13 yo's room, she wants a huge white flower of some sort on her red wall and she wants a red chair for her desk and does not like any of the window treatments I have shown her so it is obviously not done.

Here is my 6 yo's room. It is a lot of pink but she said that is what she wanted and she loves it so....

What type of recessed lighting? I always hated can lights in houses until I saw some LED can lights and I was sold.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Boy won't you be surprised when Jeff shows up! :D Seriously, it would be nice to have a frig that can stay cool, when it gets above 85 out. :(

I like the pink room even though I don't like pink. My daughter painted her room a few years back this hot pink and I thought it was horrible. You know with time, I have come to love the color. :rolleyes: :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, today Karen is home. She is out doing yard work, and asked herself, “whats that noise? Oh, it's Ken, vacuuming the pasture" then I informed her of yours and my plans and she said, “you two are gonna be on the news with the pythons!" I laughed and continued on with my vacuuming. Lol.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
jaizei said:
CtTortoiseMom said:

What type of recessed lighting? I always hated can lights in houses until I saw some LED can lights and I was sold.

The electrician just left and I picked out 6 inch LED recessed retrofitted lights. I really liked the look of them, in that you can hardly see them! I am putting the front entry way and kitchen ones on a dimmer.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui said:
Boy won't you be surprised when Jeff shows up! :D Seriously, it would be nice to have a frig that can stay cool, when it gets above 85 out. :(

I like the pink room even though I don't like pink. My daughter painted her room a few years back this hot pink and I thought it was horrible. You know with time, I have come to love the color. :rolleyes: :D

If he shows up he can have it :). I like her pink room because it really fits her. Maybe that is why you like your daughters too:)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Would be a neat trick for him even to show up to your door. Jeff is good, but I think even he might have a problem when I say, "The address is CT". :D

Of course if, Ken would stop by on his way for our Pretend Chat Thread get-to-gether it might work. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL! "The Dahlia Lama"!!!!

I have a picture in my head of this huge purple flower for a head on a llama's body wearing a sari.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Got my feet sized and learned I need a double wide toe box, narrow heel, and basically the style of shoes my 80 year old grandma wouldn't even want to wear. In a whole shoe place they found three pairs in existence that would fit, one was too narrow and then the other two were $130+ and ugly. Le sigh... Thanks dad for the uber wide frog feet!

I'm going to try going to someplace like dicks or sportsman's warehouse to find out if they carry the new balance in a wider width at least. But I learned my feet are too wide for orthaheel, kuru, and even danskos to work.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RosieRedfoot said:
Got my feet sized and learned I need a double wide toe box, narrow heel, and basically the style of shoes my 80 year old grandma wouldn't even want to wear. In a whole shoe place they found three pairs in existence that would fit, one was too narrow and then the other two were $130+ and ugly. Le sigh... Thanks dad for the uber wide frog feet!

I'm going to try going to someplace like dicks or sportsman's warehouse to find out if they carry the new balance in a wider width at least. But I learned my feet are too wide for orthaheel, kuru, and even danskos to work.

That sucks. :(

I am impatiently watching for my daughter to show up. Rumor has it she is taking me out for dinner. :cool: :D

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Now that I am all cleaned up and not able to do work, the clouds have moved in so the high yucky humidity is gone and it would be nice to be working outside. Sorta getting scared for next week with a day in the 80s. That is too hot to work for me. :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:

Your cabinets are such an awesome wood color. :D I love the house pics so far.

I spent the whole afternoon at a client site so I got home a little early. I was out over seeding my grass and putting down dirt over the seeds. I had a hoe/rake deal and was using the dead grass that the dang mower guy kyle left everywhere like big clumps so me being the recycler I am thought I would use the dead grass like hay to cover the bare spots I was covering with both seed and dirt. So I found one area that i thought might be fuzzy dog poop which was odd because I clean the yard every few days and kyle would have cleaned it. So I took the hoe rake and started to move the dead grass and saw stuff moving. I started screaming and running away but then came back to check what I saw and ran away again screaming for mikey. Apparently I uncovered some bunnies and I was worried I hurt them maybe but I didn't want to touch them. Mikey grabbed the rake deal and covered them back up because we didn't see any wounds on the babies. :p
I am hopeful the mom comes back and gets them. They were so young. Why would she put them there? I want to know if Kyle ran them over? and I want to know where the mom is.. why isn't she protecting them from being raked. :(

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Thanks, the cabinets are cherry wood.

I just found out about those three women found in Ohio. So scary!!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Thanks, the cabinets are cherry wood.

I just found out about those three women found in Ohio. So scary!!

yeah :( It was so horrible :( I can't believe that happens.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now I'm hearing that there are two different guys claiming to be the rescuers.

Status
Not open for further replies.