Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
That and I don't smoke pot, but I roll my own cigarettes, and that causes some confusion until my rodeo belt bucket is seen and with my straw cowboy…well, it may take a few minutes, but ultimately it's figured out.

*hat,

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
They keep interrupting my nerdy watching of through the wormhole with screeching alerts of being under a tornado watch. Hope one doesn't form!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Better warned and nothing, than nothing.
We don't get tornadoes here, but we do get volcanos blowing and earthquakes. The only warning we get is that we're overdue by something like 500 years for a huge volcano blow and/or earthquake.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Well…we'll see. As it stands, I'm having a rough go of it getting motivated. This past weekend, I did somewhere in the neighborhood of eight + hours driving, and only about 1/4 of that was back country, the balance was interstate. We did though, as a result of all this, have our man child here, (when we need something moved, we say,“get Bamm-Bamm). And then Sunday night, we got together with my baby girl, (fine,she's 24) for dinner. All in all a great weekend aside from the driving bits.
Gene Rodenbarry lied to me with the whole, “2 to transport", deal.

Portland will be having a, “naked bike riding event." Organizers say its to bring awareness about how vulnerable bicyclists are. I'm afraid it may bring awareness to why the participants need to participate in such extreme exercise programs…too visual? Sorry.

it could either be bad or good depending on who participates and which angle you are at. ;)
I wear the bike seats too and it's the only way I ride.
I woke this morning with a cramp in my neck from the kayaking. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Well, no tornado. Was driving though through the midst of the thunderstorm on the freeway and it was raining so hard that most of the cars pulled off to stop. I kept going with my wipers on full and flashers going but visibility was no more than 10-20 feet. But made it safely and got a free car wash.

Thankfully the dogs did okay being crated for the 8 hours we were gone (3 longer than expected) with no accidents.

Had a po'boy for dinner and found one of the locations of our favorite ice cream (place shut down nearest us) so was a welcome treat even in the rain :D

My lily decided to bloom today too:
ImageUploadedByTortForum1370919729.052972.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Glad no tornado. No volcanic eruptions here either.
I just entered the, “Show Us Those Legs" contest. Everyone else ought to, as well.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
I just entered the, “Show Us Those Legs" contest. Everyone else ought to, as well.

Where is the contest and when are they streaming the video? Are you practicing your cat walk?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann said:
Cowboy_Ken said:

Where is the contest and when are they streaming the video? Are you practicing your cat walk?

I'm practicing my man-prancercize...only trying to pick the best pants to wear now.
Kerryann, perhaps this link deal will work

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-72808.html

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
RosieRedfoot said:
My lily decided to bloom today too:

It's very pretty! I have a weakness for daylilies, I have some in every enclosure I do and it's usually the very first thing in it too. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
That lily got pelted by rain and fell off. But another one bloomed! :)

ImageUploadedByTortForum1370982327.553336.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Can you guys help me out real quick .

Do you think $85 is a good deal for this bird cage? It is brand new and normally $200-300.

I am having such a hard time selling it and can't figure out why lol. I thought it was a steal...but maybe not ?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pet/3856717645.html

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek
0.0.1 Crested Gecko

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Seems like a deal to me! Just keep reposting every few days to keep it current since most people don't look past the top 100 ads.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Yah I just changed the ad a little and renewed it. I think cus it's so damn small there isn't really much that can go in there in my opinion.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I'm having a similiar issue but it isn't a cage i cannot sell, it's my old house!!

Anywhooo, how are you all? Has school ended in your area's yet? Yesterday would have been the kids last day but we had to make up snow days so school ends next Thursday instead.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I just got this from my punk nephew;

Off to Indonesia....China, Bali, komodo, sumatra, Burma and japan. Call u about torts when I get back in 3 weeks

Punk is the nicest thing I can say.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I just got this from my punk nephew;

Off to Indonesia....China, Bali, komodo, sumatra, Burma and japan. Call u about torts when I get back in 3 weeks

Punk is the nicest thing I can say.

We have a few friends like that and they always say they are coming "home" for a few but mean they are going to NYC and think we can just go to the city for the weekend whenever they appear.

Our friend Brian is in China getting his MD and he keeps emailing us telling us to visit. I wish I had that life!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
My nephew is one of the curators of the reptile house at a large zoo that helps support various conservatories. So gets to sort of audit, hang out at these places.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
My nephew is one of the curators of the reptile house at a large zoo that helps support various conservatories. So gets to sort of audit, hang out at these places.
That is really cool!! I want to be him when I grow up!

Status
Not open for further replies.