Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
My tomorrow is mild compared to yours. I'll be taking tortoises outside, watch them while drinking coffee, then, when I can't stand it any longer, I'll go back to the clinic and replace the lift table motor. Oh, and my vet friend who's sulcata I've been baby sitting while she did the vacation thing, will be stopping by to pick hers up.

Vickie

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
:(. We had field day at my 6yo's school today, I love field day!! I wish I could do field days at school for a living :)

What, pray tell, is field day? I spent the afternoon at Karen's clinic today, working on the aquarium they have in the waiting room. I'm not an aquarium guy, but I've an engineering background so it works in my brain. Me doing this, enabled Karen to focus on clients and their critters. Plus it got me out of the hills for a few hours, (which is always good)!

If is anything like the ones here a field day is they go out and compete each other in sports. Doing things like relays etc...etc. Kids have tons of fun and parents have a great time watching.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Vickie said:
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
:(. We had field day at my 6yo's school today, I love field day!! I wish I could do field days at school for a living :)

What, pray tell, is field day? I spent the afternoon at Karen's clinic today, working on the aquarium they have in the waiting room. I'm not an aquarium guy, but I've an engineering background so it works in my brain. Me doing this, enabled Karen to focus on clients and their critters. Plus it got me out of the hills for a few hours, (which is always good)!

If is anything like the ones here a field day is they go out and compete each other in sports. Doing things like relays etc...etc. Kids have tons of fun and parents have a great time watching.
Yep, that is it. But since these were Kindergarten - 2nd graders the sports were very mild like water balloon toss, tug of war, and the like. I ran the tug of war station and it was pure joy and a great arm work out:).

@Ken, you do as much volunteering as I do. Rob says I have a gift for finding job's that take a lot of time and dont pay me.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
My tomorrow is mild compared to yours. I'll be taking tortoises outside, watch them while drinking coffee, then, when I can't stand it any longer, I'll go back to the clinic and replace the lift table motor. Oh, and my vet friend who's sulcata I've been baby sitting while she did the vacation thing, will be stopping by to pick hers up.

And you gave it back?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It's Little Ricky's sibling. Looking as good and bigger than Little Ricky. She a very good mom.

Aren't you having storms right now?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
It's Little Ricky's sibling. Looking as good and bigger than Little Ricky. She a very good mom.

Aren't you having storms right now?

Yes I just got an alert to my phone about severe weather

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I looked at the radar map for the Detroit area about 2 hrs. ago, and it look real bad. To my untrained eye.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I just got this from my nephew;

Hi everyone!

We made it to Indonesia. Had to sleep in the China airport for six hours but it was good for us! We made it to Bali and immediately bought a plane ticket to Flores to see Komodo dragons. We are leaving port in an hour! We will be out in the sea island hopping for a couple days. It's sooooooo beautiful here! The water is my favorite color!!!

Here is a picture of Labanbajo harbor.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I just got this from my nephew;

Hi everyone!

We made it to Indonesia. Had to sleep in the China airport for six hours but it was good for us! We made it to Bali and immediately bought a plane ticket to Flores to see Komodo dragons. We are leaving port in an hour! We will be out in the sea island hopping for a couple days. It's sooooooo beautiful here! The water is my favorite color!!!

Here is a picture of Labanbajo harbor.
Omg I want to Marry him and live that life. Last nihgt I was showing Rob a resort I wanted to go to in Bali. He said it was really beautiful but did not want to go to Indonesia. & then I read the above :(

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'll keep posting his emails. At some point they need to get new SIM cards for their phones and what not because systems are so different there. This is how I live vicariously through him. Take my hand and join me. Lol.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Too funny! I am here.

Dear Summer, why is it 55 degrees, dark & rainy for the second week? Where are you :(.

This weather is truly depressing! I am freezing!!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm on my way to island hop.
(Reality) I'm gonna clean the kitchen…

I just got a robocall concerning senior falls…Rise of the Machines…bring it on, they've no idea who they're messing with!!!!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Senior falls? Like cheesy life alert commercials?

Anyone missing summer should just come visit here. 98 sunny and humid today.

I did my grocery shopping and scheduled appointments for the new dog and haircuts for my boyfriend and myself. Goodbyyyye paycheck. (Mainly to the vet) She's been pawing at her eye and squinting lots so I know it's bothering her. Hoping its not a corneal ulcer or cataracts that require surgery since I don't think I want to spend 5 grand on a 9 year old dog's eye... We'll see though, could be something simple like an ingrown eyelash too. She has quite a few lumps and bumps developing as well and it may very well be she already has cancer (most boxers develop it) so a vet visit to look her over is in order.

Why do I have to fall for the dogs with the most problems? Dante blew out his cruciate ligament years ago so he sits funny and also has severe allergies, Prince is Mr.ADHD, and she's lumpy bumpy pirate dog!

And my last dog before these ones died at age 4.5 yrs of a rare form of oral cancer that was deemed untreatable by the oncologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.