Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
SpdTrtl said:
I sat down and I can't get up!

That is so me right now. I've got to go to town and I'm really putting it off. I've barely rolled any cigarettes for the drive. And I'm allowing daytime tv to corrupt my brain.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I was going to weed my flowers and leaf blow the sidewalk but the triple digits on the thermometer discouraged me.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Wow! sounds like your not in Texas! I have been swimming all week in the upper 90s. I love summer and can't wait for the beach in less than 2 weeks! :D

Could someone please give me some advice? I am choosing a pet but I am having trouble deciding! (Hedgehog or FEMALE cockatiel)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
animalfreak said:
Wow! sounds like your not in Texas! I have been swimming all week in the upper 90s. I love summer and can't wait for the beach in less than 2 weeks! :D

Could someone please give me some advice? I am choosing a pet but I am having trouble deciding! (Hedgehog or FEMALE cockatiel)

Ummm both!! Or perhaps you can get some moon jelly fish in a tank, that is what my 13 yo wants for her birthday.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
CtTortoiseMom said:
animalfreak said:

Ummm both!! Or perhaps you can get some moon jelly fish in a tank, that is what my 13 yo wants for her birthday.

Those sound really cool! I would consider that or maybe a RT. Thats what I orginally wanted, but now I realize the Sulcata I chose will get too big for me. Im 12!:p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
animalfreak said:

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. Easy keepers and you'll soon have enough for your friends! They eat veggies and flowers.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
Cowboy_Ken said:
CtTortoiseMom said:
animalfreak said:

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. Easy keepers and you'll soon have enough for your friends! They eat veggies and flowers.

Haha thanks for the suggestion, but I can't imagine what my mom would say to that! :p she can't stand roaches!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'm on my way to island hop.
(Reality) I'm gonna clean the kitchen…

I just got a robocall concerning senior falls…Rise of the Machines…bring it on, they've no idea who they're messing with!!!!

Ouch, they think you are old!!!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Hedgehogs I found to be a bit antisocial when I didn't handle 2-3 times a day and although cute, they have this thing called "poop boots" where their feet literally get caked in their own poop from a running wheel overnight. It smells like cat poop so you can imagine why I adopted out the foster hedgehog I had.

Cockatiels create a lot of dust, require a home without strong scents/Teflon, and are sensitive to temps/drafts. They can also be very noisy and bite hard if not handled enough.

Just things to keep in mind :) both are cute exotic pets. Just make sure everyone in the house agrees (especially for a potentially noisy bird).

Part of me wants more pets but I know that right now I'm at my limit for time/finances. If you can afford the vet and upkeep costs and have enough time, just see if you can locate a local rescue or breeder to meet the animals to see what it's like first hand to own them and see which you prefer.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
RosieRedfoot said:
Hedgehogs I found to be a bit antisocial when I didn't handle 2-3 times a day and although cute, they have this thing called "poop boots" where their feet literally get caked in their own poop from a running wheel overnight. It smells like cat poop so you can imagine why I adopted out the foster hedgehog I had.

Cockatiels create a lot of dust, require a home without strong scents/Teflon, and are sensitive to temps/drafts. They can also be very noisy and bite hard if not handled enough.

Just things to keep in mind :) both are cute exotic pets. Just make sure everyone in the house agrees (especially for a potentially noisy bird).

Part of me wants more pets but I know that right now I'm at my limit for time/finances. If you can afford the vet and upkeep costs and have enough time, just see if you can locate a local rescue or breeder to meet the animals to see what it's like first hand to own them and see which you prefer.

Thank you! That helped a lot! We were getting a female becasue males are more vocal and Ive had one that screamed. Would my female scream?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
When I were younger, before robocalls, my roommate and I had a trained attack cockatiel. Prior to us it had been housed with tormenting children. When we would open the cage to feed, water or whatever, it would attack us viciously. It got to the point that we would keep it cornered with a rubber snake it was terrified of. Good times, good times. That critter would scream very loudly most Saturday and Sunday mornings when we truly didn't need to hear a bird screaming.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Robocalls and cockroaches seem to go nicely together :D

So here was my day
morning meeting starting at 8 am
rush to my symposium
Get crazy emails, calls and texts from work and work through part of the symposium.. well the part that I was supposed to learn in :(
talk to a competitive CISO and get offered a lunch date to talk further in a month
Rush off to a meeting at a client- start meeting in truck while driving
Rush off to an IT in the D meeting and be there until after 6pm.
Rush home and work :p

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sounds like too much rushing!

My dog can't figure out his crate.. *facepalm*

ImageUploadedByTortForum1371175114.817807.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
He doesn't calm down unless he's crated. And all three dogs go to their crates on their own when they're sleepy since they have comfy beds and it's their own safe space. Crates are only a prison if used as solely for punishment.

I can't leave these guys out when gone since they're all so food motivated they'd find a way into the pantry and fridge... And probably fight over the food >.>

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I think dogs lay like that because they feel secure. My Dane tries to do the same thing and she has a cot in her crate which makes it pretty hard!

Let me preface by saying that we do not allow this and my 6yo got in trouble for this but I had to get a picture because it was crazy!! This is what walked into my kitchen when I was making dinner...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1371179107.063102.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.