Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I would have freaked out a little. A few years ago, before getting my russian pen perfected, I had a rather large female escape. We're on five acres in the middle of the woods out here, and I searched fruitlessly to find her. The fallowing spring, while cutting down some canary grass in the top pasture, she came wandering out. No idea how she avoided the possums raccoons coyotes skunks or mice, but she was fine and happy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yep, it's bacon Sunday! :p

Oh wow! Mel is back!! Glad you found your little guy. I have had a few moments of lost tortoises, but am glad never for as long as you did. Glad too that whatever got him, wasn't able to finish the job.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
I would have freaked out a little. A few years ago, before getting my russian pen perfected, I had a rather large female escape. We're on five acres in the middle of the woods out here, and I searched fruitlessly to find her. The fallowing spring, while cutting down some canary grass in the top pasture, she came wandering out. No idea how she avoided the possums raccoons coyotes skunks or mice, but she was fine and happy.

OMG now that is really lucky! I bet you couldn't believe it!

Jacqui said:
Yep, it's bacon Sunday! :p

Oh wow! Mel is back!! Glad you found your little guy. I have had a few moments of lost tortoises, but am glad never for as long as you did. Glad too that whatever got him, wasn't able to finish the job.

Thank you Jacqui! :) Me too! it was the worst time because we had no back fence! I thought for sure a coyote would get him! I am still really heartbroken that her beautiful shell is now scared and even a little deformed in one spot :(

ok back to editing photos.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Thank God you both found your babies. My paranoia would be debilitating I think if something happened to my torts. Mel don't think of it as A deformity, think of it as character. My Bettuce has shell issues but shes still my beautiful crazy girl.
I ended up weeding and mulching my tortoise garden for five hours. I will take a pic when I get home. Wow that was a lot of work. I used untreated cypress mulch. I still need another half yard

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
We're in Portland, 50 miles from home and the serpentine belt broke on the car. Tow will be here in 2 hrs. Yeah

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'll tell you the really nasty part of it. We had to see, while sitting here, naked bicyclists! Why anyone would want to ride a bike with their dangly and bouncy parts exposed is beyond me. And I don't think any of them were worth seeing naked on or off a bike!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
I'll tell you the really nasty part of it. We had to see, while sitting here, naked bicyclists! Why anyone would want to ride a bike with their dangly and bouncy parts exposed is beyond me. And I don't think any of them were worth seeing naked on or off a bike!

And you didn't even get any pics??? :p

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It's sunny today. All that pale Oregon flesh was like looking at the sun, “avert your eyes! Save yourself the pain!"

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
It's sunny today. All that pale Oregon flesh was like looking at the sun, “avert your eyes! Save yourself the pain!"

I have lots of pale skin all the time :D
I am watching red dawn. Heres some pics of when they filmed it next to my office.
Back then it was the chinese and not the north Koreans but now that the Chinese own us I suppose we can't anger them.
Here's the car that blew up. They blew up that car four times right outside my office. I am the weirdo you hear screaming.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Kerryann said:
Thank God you both found your babies. My paranoia would be debilitating I think if something happened to my torts. Mel don't think of it as A deformity, think of it as character. My Bettuce has shell issues but shes still my beautiful crazy girl.
I ended up weeding and mulching my tortoise garden for five hours. I will take a pic when I get home. Wow that was a lot of work. I used untreated cypress mulch. I still need another half yard

that is a good way to think of it! It will just take some getting used. The after care has been almost as nerve racking as when she was missing.

Cowboy_Ken said:

OMG!! make the mental image go away!!

I joined a hamster forum to get some ideas for crafts my daughter and can do for her hamster... no worries its not in her room and she is always supervised by me... but its kinda funny how young everyone is on the forum... in fact I feel ancient! I guess this is my big kid forum lol.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Melly-n-shorty said:
Kerryann said:

that is a good way to think of it! It will just take some getting used. The after care has been almost as nerve racking as when she was missing.

Cowboy_Ken said:

OMG!! make the mental image go away!!

I joined a hamster forum to get some ideas for crafts my daughter and can do for her hamster... no worries its not in her room and she is always supervised by me... but its kinda funny how young everyone is on the forum... in fact I feel ancient! I guess this is my big kid forum lol.

I had a teddy bear hamster named gizmo when I was like 8 to 10 or something like that. I loved him. :( He died at some point but he was my best friend and went everywhere with me for the time he lived. He was a happy guy. :D Hamsters are a girls best friend.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Other than reptiles, cats and dogs, I had pet rats. They had a cage for food and water, but ran in my bedroom. I had a dresser with the 2 small drawers on top, and one was always cracked open for a nest spot for the rats. I had wooden dowel running all over my room grime bookcases to the dresser and everywhere. They had fun, I had fun. They were great pets, clean and wicked smart.

We're home, safe and sound now. No naked bike riders here, I tell you what. Our tow truck started to make squealing noises as were going down the road, and Karen and I were texting each other that it sounded just like my car did just before the belt broke. Then the tow truck started to a temp warning light flashing and we were texting about the potential irony.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Kerryann said:
I had a teddy bear hamster named gizmo when I was like 8 to 10 or something like that. I loved him. :( He died at some point but he was my best friend and went everywhere with me for the time he lived. He was a happy guy. :D Hamsters are a girls best friend.

I think he is her best friend... she loves to let him eat on her lap while she brushes him with a barbie brush!

Cowboy_Ken said:
Other than reptiles, cats and dogs, I had pet rats. They had a cage for food and water, but ran in my bedroom. I had a dresser with the 2 small drawers on top, and one was always cracked open for a nest spot for the rats. I had wooden dowel running all over my room grime bookcases to the dresser and everywhere. They had fun, I had fun. They were great pets, clean and wicked smart.

I had pet rats too! in fact one of my dogs (chihuahua) is named after one of them because they look so much alike! they would go back to their age when we told them to "go to bed"! I wanted to let my daughter get a rat but my husband is one of those people that assumes they are dirty! he said no rat :(. But it worked out in a way... Skits is very laid back.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
If I used the L word in any other context other than my mama or Karen I would say it for those first 2 rats I had.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I had rats and enjoyed them. My boyfriend hates them :(

I may get some again after my gerbil pair passes on.

Melly, if you have hamster questions let me know. My friends and family used to call me the "rodent queen" since I had basically every (domesticated) rodent at some point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.