Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Ok, ok. I'll stop with the puns for now as they seem to be like jello... They're off-pudding.

But seriously, will give it a rest :p

I was watching Lilo and Stitch last night and in the end part I saw this and thought it was just too cute!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1371482530.341555.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Does my signature line show up after my posts? I see nothing.

I see, on app- no signature, on safari-yes signature.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I see your signature on the computer but not on my mobile app. Same goes for everyone's signatures on the app for me though..

So, got back from the vet and turns out she does have a corneal ulcer but we're trying topical drops first that should numb/prevent infection.

The vet estimates her to be closer to 10 years due to her bad teeth, skin, and arthritis. She also has a few "suspicious lumps" which basically means she probably has or will develop cancer. Being an old boxer with light skin in the south kind of leads to things like that.

Her tooth is dead and doesn't even have the pulp anymore, so the vet wants to treat with antibiotics first since they like to limit invasive surgeries in elderly brachiocephalic pets (short nosed breeds like boxers, pugs, etc) since anesthesia is much harder on them.

IF we were to do everything to fix all these issues it would involve putting her under, removing a canine and 3 mouth lumps (and sending off for testing for cancer), aspirating an odd growth on one of her mammary glands, aspirating a lump on her neck, and possible eye surgery as well. Plus pain meds, and ongoing antibiotics... Pretty sure that estimate is in the thousand dollar range and while I want to do good by the dog, neither the rescue nor I can put a grand into a dog at the very end of her lifespan logically. I mean, if you were in my shoes would you go through with the stress/risk/cost of everything when she's still happy, eating, and fairly healthy for her age regardless?

So, if there are any rich people out there seeking a benefactor or person to donate to I'm willing to sign up... Or I can make you delicious cheesecakes and desserts too. :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Does my signature line show up after my posts? I see nothing.

I see, on app- no signature, on safari-yes signature.

I see it :D

RosieRedfoot said:
I see your signature on the computer but not on my mobile app. Same goes for everyone's signatures on the app for me though..

So, got back from the vet and turns out she does have a corneal ulcer but we're trying topical drops first that should numb/prevent infection.

The vet estimates her to be closer to 10 years due to her bad teeth, skin, and arthritis. She also has a few "suspicious lumps" which basically means she probably has or will develop cancer. Being an old boxer with light skin in the south kind of leads to things like that.

Her tooth is dead and doesn't even have the pulp anymore, so the vet wants to treat with antibiotics first since they like to limit invasive surgeries in elderly brachiocephalic pets (short nosed breeds like boxers, pugs, etc) since anesthesia is much harder on them.

IF we were to do everything to fix all these issues it would involve putting her under, removing a canine and 3 mouth lumps (and sending off for testing for cancer), aspirating an odd growth on one of her mammary glands, aspirating a lump on her neck, and possible eye surgery as well. Plus pain meds, and ongoing antibiotics... Pretty sure that estimate is in the thousand dollar range and while I want to do good by the dog, neither the rescue nor I can put a grand into a dog at the very end of her lifespan logically. I mean, if you were in my shoes would you go through with the stress/risk/cost of everything when she's still happy, eating, and fairly healthy for her age regardless?

So, if there are any rich people out there seeking a benefactor or person to donate to I'm willing to sign up... Or I can make you delicious cheesecakes and desserts too. :p

From what I understand 10 is pretty old for a boxer. I would think the risk of surgery might be worse than whatever she could potentially have. :( I am sorry about your doggies suffering though.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Yeah 10 is pretty old for a boxer. It just sucks she has this ulcer and all that because our dryer is dying too and we really didn't need life to hand out double whammies to the pocketbook at once >.<

And now our outdoor faucet won't turn off. I broke the handle with pliers but no, water keeps on coming out. My legs are a-fire with mosquito and ant bites :( And it's starting to quite literally rain on me now too.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
It fills a 2 liter bottle in a few minutes, so far it's filled a 55 gallon trash can and now it's filling a kiddie swimming pool. Going to call the water company since for emergency leaks they can sometimes credit you back the problem amount...

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Cowboy_Ken said:
My favorite thing to hear is, “Ken, it's wet under the kitchen sink!"

In our house I am the one who snakes the kitchen sink and replaces the garbage disposal... my husband is always too "busy" lol. If I didnt do it, it would never get done!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Good Morning, this is our last week of school, yay!! School is ending 11 days late this year to make up our snow days. I hate that they take our summer away to make up for a relentless winter!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
This is how I found Dagny when I dropped the kids off at school...
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1371563340.501275.jpg
Strange dog!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
He's a funny dog. Ava was all bummed and mopey last night. When I went to bed I saw why, one of the cats had curled up and gone to sleep in her kennel. Poor dog.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
He's a funny dog. Ava was all bummed and mopey last night. When I went to bed I saw why, one of the cats had curled up and gone to sleep in her kennel. Poor dog.

It's hard being a dog! Dagny started crying whenever the kids scream or cry, it's so fun to calm down the kids and then have to calm down the giant panting & crying furry baby!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Ava just runs around the inside of the house barking if a car so much as drives by our house. She barks and the cats all run towards the house to seek cover. I'm yelling at Ava to heel, and in her peabrain, I'm barking at the cars with her.

You'll appreciate this, a neighborhood up here has been suffering property crimes,(garage break-ins and the like) so they all got together and made signs that say, “Glock Block- we don't call 911"…

Status
Not open for further replies.