Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Cowboy_Ken said:
Ava just runs around the inside of the house barking if a car so much as drives by our house. She barks and the cats all run towards the house to seek cover. I'm yelling at Ava to heel, and in her peabrain, I'm barking at the cars with her.

You'll appreciate this, a neighborhood up here has been suffering property crimes,(garage break-ins and the like) so they all got together and made signs that say, “Glock Block- we don't call 911"…

Nice, love it! We had a central alarm installed in the new house and they gave us signs to put around the yard and I didn't because I would hate to ruin the surprise for anyone dumb enough to break in.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Our landlord must be on southern time because it's still leaking out there. Le sigh... Wouldn't mind watering the yard as much except for the fact it's been raining all day so no need to water anything out there.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I can't believe you still have a leak. Here we'd have to pay for the water so Mikey'd be on the plumber call like instantly.
I have this flowering tree in my yard. I dunno what it is but it's perty. My lawn is like a golf course this year. I have been treating the lawn.

Dagny is so freaking cute :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Nice lawn Kerryann! The tree is beautiful too.
We had a thunderstorm just appear out of no where areou d 2:30 today and it is just ending now! I feel like I am living in the south with all these tropical storm type systems rolling through. I took a pic above my neighbors house as I was leaving my driveway...

ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1371603548.079295.jpg
The eerie thing was that it was still sunny and lightly raining at my house and then I heard it start to thunder and the darkness rolled in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
CtTortoiseMom said:
Nice lawn Kerryann! The tree is beautiful too.
We had a thunderstorm just appear out of no where areou d 2:30 today and it is just ending now! I feel like I am living in the south with all these tropical storm type systems rolling through. I took a pic above my neighbors house as I was leaving my driveway...

The eerie thing was that it was still sunny and lightly raining at my house and then I heard it start to thunder and the darkness rolled in.

It was bright and sunny when I took that pic but last time I looked outside it was cloudy and windy. I can't believe how crazy this weather has been.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
We pay for water too but since we're renting and can't really foot the bill for a plumber we have to wait.

We had a random thunderstorm too. Looks like Alaska is having a 80+ heat wave and the Denver airport had a tornado touch down 5000 feet from the terminals. Seriously crazy out there this year!

Jenley

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Az
Shhh...the kids (animals included) are all asleep...Mommy now gets some quiet time. :p

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
today we went to swim class, piano class,pediatrician, pharmacy, bike shop, and grocery store all in 110 degree weather... yea Both the ladies of the house are pooped.

Jenley

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Az
Can someone tell me how to put where I live under my picture/name?...Thanks!

ah ha! nm..I figured it out!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Welcome Jenley! You new here?

I should be sleeping but I'm searching dog meds... Considering trying out the new seresto dog flea/tick/lice collar that lasts for 8 months. Vet sells it for $74 but found it on amazon for $44 then $20 rebate (so $24 for 8 months) plus $8 a month for heartworm meds... Hmm.

I don't want to work the next 6 days straight buuut I need to pay off these vet bills ASAP since I hate being in debt or having to tap into my savings. I hoard money when I can :p

Off to Craigslist to sell some unneeded things for cash to put towards pet bills and meet some very interesting folks (in public venues, of course)!

Tech13

5 Year Member
Good Morning All, here is the cookie cake I baked for my son's Birthday !(I need some sleep, so I'll decorate it in a few hours). ImageUploadedByTortForum1371625439.220816.jpg It was a Food Network Recipe but I left out the nuts because his older brother doesn't eat them :( I think walnuts and macadamia nuts would have been soooo yummy! Zzzzzzzz...I better sleep a little, darn the caffeine!

Last edited by a moderator:

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Tech13 said:
Good Morning All, here is the cookie cake I baked for my son's Birthday !(I need some sleep, so I'll decorate it in a few hours). It was a Food Network Recipe but I left out the nuts because his older brother doesn't eat them :( I think walnuts and macadamia nuts would have been soooo yummy! Zzzzzzzz...I better sleep a little, darn the caffeine!

whoa Yummy, My birthday is in September :D

Welcome Janley to TFO & pretend chat!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
So, I woke up around 2 in the morning to a strange sound and realized that it was my dog making a gagging noise. So once my foggy brain figured it out, I quickly yanked her off of the bed just in time for her to yack all over my feet and floor. Rob woke up and looked over the side of the bed and said.. "whoa gross" then rolled over and went back to sleep. I cannot post what I said back to him but it was not a good way to wake up!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Melly-n-shorty said:
awwww poor Erin! is the pup ok?

Thanks & yes she threw up a whole nerf dart. She is back to her giant toddler self.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
OMG she ate a nerf dart? well better out then in right? she really is a giant toddler! I love danes, my friend growing up used to show them with her family and one of the vets I worked at had two... one thing I learned is that for every bit they look majestic and regal they are equally big lovable silly clowns. they had one named Bentley at the petsmart pet expo we went too... my daughter would not stop hugging him and giggling when he licked her from shoulder too hair line. The gave her a shirt with his picture on it and its her favorite shirt (she is 4). I havn't gotten to petsit one yet but I hope I get too some day!

My chihuahua ate part of a shoe lace once when she was younger but it made it to the other end. she woke the whole house up late at night running through the house yelping totally freaked out because there was "something" back there. I swear she thought there was a monster stuck to her but. the moment I grabbed a tissue and pulled it out as she ran buy she stopped in her tracks and sniffer her rear and trotted off like nothing happened. The rest of the shoe lace is still on the tore up converse I wear when I take pet portraits.

My lucky shoes being snacked on by one of my clients.
IMG_1900_pups.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.