Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

CtTortoiseMom said:
Hi all, Ken & Kerryann glad to see you back this evening. James Gandolfini died of a massive heart attack!! He was only 51 :(

I was at the beach with the kids today, it was so much fun. I love the sun and warmth and had such a long winter that I am not taking one second of it gor granted!!

That sounds like a fun day :)

Tech13

5 Year Member
Hi Everyone, my name is Donna (Tech is my youngest son's tortoise, but I am Tech's caregiver extraordinaire... (Mommy?)I hope it is ok for me to join in on this chat, since I joined TFO in March, I often gravitate to the forum during my little bits of free time to learn and grow in my tort husbandry skills. So many cool people here, so after reading some relevant threads, I came across this one and in my sleepy state, i felt compelled to share the cookie I finished in the wee hours. Our black lab (mixed with something else) takes up so much of our bed, I can't imagine a Great Dane...maybe with two King size beds pushed together, lol! I've always thought Great Danes are cool dogs and yours is sooo adorable trying to be your son's cuddle-up!ImageUploadedByTortForum1371699615.300356.jpg- this is our girl, Audrey doing her Jurassic Park face, and her demure look-ImageUploadedByTortForum1371699806.873535.jpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Your Audrey looks like she could be Dante's cousin or something! Welcome!

This is a small pic I've shared before of Dante:
ImageUploadedByTortForum1371701168.923357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenley

5 Year Member
Phoenix, Az
Tech13 said:
Hi Everyone, my name is Donna (Tech is my youngest son's tortoise, but I am Tech's caregiver extraordinaire... (Mommy?)I hope it is ok for me to join in on this chat, since I joined TFO in March, I often gravitate to the forum during my little bits of free time to learn and grow in my tort husbandry skills. So many cool people here, so after reading some relevant threads, I came across this one and in my sleepy state, i felt compelled to share the cookie I finished in the wee hours. Our black lab (mixed with something else) takes up so much of our bed, I can't imagine a Great Dane...maybe with two King size beds pushed together, lol! I've always thought Great Danes are cool dogs and yours is sooo adorable trying to be your son's cuddle-up!- this is our girl, Audrey doing her Jurassic Park face, and her demure look-.

She looks like such a sweet heart!!

Letting the kids "camp out" on the living room floor with their sleeping bags...It's the little things that make them happy. :)

Tech13

5 Year Member
Aww... Dante really does look like Audrey's family! Dante is sooo cute! And yes, Audrey is a real sweetheart! I'm sure she would only hurt Tech by accident, but I could never take that chance so I don't give her the chance. I've read so many horror stories about this

The cookie is nearly gone, ( I have 3 boys). The Lo main looked delish! We just got a wok, I think we'll have to make some!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi Donna, your dog is adorable!! It looks like a much more manageable version of mine:). Of course you can join chat, anyone can:).

I have my 1st graders graduation party at school today and her teachers retirement party so that is what I will be gone preparing for today. As all these first graders are graduating, I cannot stop thinking about the 20 from Newtown that would be at their parties if that horrible tragedy hadn't happened and what their poor parents must be feeling. I can't even imagine :(.

Sorry bout' the downer! Have a great day and be well my friends!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I posted updated pictures of Rosie's indoor pen in the thread linked to my signature. It's also in the enclosure thread section. I still need to build her an outdoor pen soonish.

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Ok so we had a very long night... my daughter decided to try to fly off her bed and landed on her arm...after a very long evening in the urgent care she came home in a wrap and sling, and has a very bad elbow sprain...we all came home and went to bed at about 10 without dinner. she woke up all through the night because it hurt, and was up this morning 5 am... my poor baby... we both need sleep.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Sorry to hear it. Glad it's not broken.

Ugh, Ellie the boxer keeps vomiting and doesn't matter if she has food or not (sour stomach). She's going to the vet tomorrow for an ulcer recheck (doesn't seem to be improving).

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Melly-n-shorty said:
Ok so we had a very long night... my daughter decided to try to fly off her bed and landed on her arm...after a very long evening in the urgent care she came home in a wrap and sling, and has a very bad elbow sprain...we all came home and went to bed at about 10 without dinner. she woke up all through the night because it hurt, and was up this morning 5 am... my poor baby... we both need sleep.
Oh no! My niece who is 5 and lives in D.C. Fell out of bed about ao th ago and hit her head on her end table and had to go to the ER at 1 am and get two staples in her head!!

CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:
Oh no! My niece who is 5 and lives in D.C. Fell out of bed about ao th ago and hit her head on her end table and had to go to the ER at 1 am and get two staples in her head!!

I'm also glad that her arm is not broken! Poor kiddo, how traumatic for the whole fam!

Sorry to hear about Ellie too:( I hope it gets better fast!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hello everyone, and welcome Donna. I love all those black dogs. They are so cute! They really look so sweet, and so does mine, which is a lap dog (Bolognese). But, I wouldn't trust him with my torts neither. Sorry guys that I haven't been on for a while. All is well for now. I'm finally getting some rest and sleep. I'm less stressed, and caring for my babies. I've started cardio therapy three weeks ago. They have me working out three days a week. Now, if I can only get on the right diet so that I can lose weight and still feel great. Missed you Cowboy, Jacqui, Erin, Yvonne, Kim, Kerryann, Shelly, Melissa, and all the other members who chat with us.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
sibi said:
Hello everyone, and welcome Donna. I love all those black dogs. They are so cute! They really look so sweet, and so does mine, which is a lap dog (Bolognese). But, I wouldn't trust him with my torts neither. Sorry guys that I haven't been on for a while. All is well for now. I'm finally getting some rest and sleep. I'm less stressed, and caring for my babies. I've started cardio therapy three weeks ago. They have me working out three days a week. Now, if I can only get on the right diet so that I can lose weight and still feel great. Missed you Cowboy, Jacqui, Erin, Yvonne, Kim, Kerryann, Shelly, Melissa, and all the other members who chat with us.

Hiya Sibi!! I missed you too. I'm so glad I was on when you were. I have to sign off to make Dinner but I hope to catch you all later! Now if only Jacqui & Yvonne would check in....

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Tech13 said:
Hi Everyone, my name is Donna (Tech is my youngest son's tortoise, but I am Tech's caregiver extraordinaire... (Mommy?)I hope it is ok for me to join in on this chat, since I joined TFO in March, I often gravitate to the forum during my little bits of free time to learn and grow in my tort husbandry skills. So many cool people here, so after reading some relevant threads, I came across this one and in my sleepy state, i felt compelled to share the cookie I finished in the wee hours. Our black lab (mixed with something else) takes up so much of our bed, I can't imagine a Great Dane...maybe with two King size beds pushed together, lol! I've always thought Great Danes are cool dogs and yours is sooo adorable trying to be your son's cuddle-up!- this is our girl, Audrey doing her Jurassic Park face, and her demure look-.

Your puppy is so cute. Everyone is welcome here. :D

sibi said:

I have missed you. I was thinking we needed to send out a search and rescue party.
:D

I am less stressed today. I didn't snuff anyone out either. I only yelled at my assistant during lunch mostly because he started it. :D It was more like a disagreement. When he first started working for me he wouldn't talk back but I actually encouraged him to give me feedback even if it wasn't what he thought I wanted to hear. I find it valuable but man sometimes I wish he was still the meek timid young man I hired.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kerryann, you've got to watch what you wish for...you may just get it, and you did. You may want to define what you meant by feedback. You're still his boss and that comes with respect. So glad I got to get you Erin. I'm still waiting on Cowboy. Does he continue to go in and out of chat? I need to have a back and forth conversation with him or anyone. The pro lem I've always had was timing. Everytime I'm ready to chat, no one is signed in because it's late on the east coast, and it's T.V. time for the folks in the mid and west coast. Maybe I can get on at 3 p.m eastern time. That way it's 1 p.m. in the west, and 2 p.m. Central time. Out state has two time zones. The eastern side of Florida in on eastern time, while the Pan Handle in on Central time. Anyhow, whatever gets me on when chat is alive is what I'll shoot for.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hi Sibi. Welcome to Chat2. Here we just talk about stuff and throw in turtle/tortoise stuff to keep it interesting.

How have you been? We've missed you around these parts. Stay on course with the exercise and diet recommendations from your doctor. These aren't suggestions. Think of the babies. They need their mom. Who would sit and watch them?

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

CtTortoiseMom said:
Melly-n-shorty said:

I'm also glad that her arm is not broken! Poor kiddo, how traumatic for the whole fam!

Sorry to hear about Ellie too:( I hope it gets better fast!!

Aww thank you! Today at the pharmacy we got the full story... turns out she had been using her parrot wings we got from the zoo to try to fly! they are cloth and go over your arms. She told the pharmacist "I tried to fly off my bed like a bird but I didnt land, I fell" I had a feeling there was more to the story!

after she fell/flew I kept thinking about when I fell off a stage and hurt my wrist... my mom waited a week to take me to the doctor and it turned out I had a broken wrist. I took her strait to the urgent care, my husband kept saying lets wait a little bit, but I was to scared it could be broken. They were really nice where we went and they let her sit in my lap while they took the x-ray. Her elbow is still swollen and sore and she is in a sling but other wise she is ok...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Aww Melissa, sorry to hear about the accident. Kids will think of the darnest things. At least there were no broken bones. With all the t.v. Cartoons of animals and birds and superheroes flying, it's no wonder that kids try to jump and fly/fall. I hope she recovers real fast.

Cowboy_Ken said:
Hi Sibi. Welcome to Chat2. Here we just talk about stuff and throw in turtle/tortoise stuff to keep it interesting.

How have you been? We've missed you around these parts. Stay on course with the exercise and diet recommendations from your doctor. These aren't suggestions. Think of the babies. They need their mom. Who would sit and watch them?

That's the problem. I need someone to babysit them sometimes so I can get other things done. I'm exhausted because I watch and care for my babies as if they were human babies.

Other than that, I've been working out three times a week. I need to get on a good diet so that I can lose some weight. But, it's good to be back. My battery is about to die, so I'll go yo bed and speak with you all tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.