Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
I made healthy cheese filled blintz today. I topped them with cherry preserves.

sibi said:
Ah...the high holy days. Does Mickey do temple for that night? I would buy the cakes rather than make them. I love kosher foods during holidays.

Whole wheat flour- 2 1/2 cups
Splenda- 1 cup
Honey- 1 cup
Unsweetened applesauce- 1 1/2 cups
Cinnamon- 1 tbsp
Eggs- 4 large
Baking powder- 1 tbsp
Baking soda- 1 tsp
One large apple diced thin
Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix in a bowl until all the flour lumps are out.
Grease a 9×13 pan.
Put cake mix in spread even in the pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until you can poke the center with toothpick and have it come out clean.
http://www.vegging4life.com/2012/09/16/honey-cake/

This year I will use sugar, half brown sugar and half granulated sugar instead of splenda.

I should say the original recipe has coffee and orange juice. Mikey thought it was the yuck until I revamped it. I have the blintzes, latkes, and noodle kugel coming up in the next two weeks. Oh I have to bake some challah too. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I just realized like every day for the last week I've had Facebook friends with birthdays. I was thinking why there would be so many then I realized 9 months ago is right around New Year's, lol.

I enjoyed my yesterday off of work and caught up on dishes and laundry and watching some tv shows.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I had a stroke of genius today. I am making apple maple honey cupcakes right now. :D Maple makes everything better. Mikey is gonna pass out.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Stopped in to say hi to everyone! Miss the regular interactions with all, but sometimes life gets in the way of living,ya know?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
So we toured five houses. First two were ok but first felt claustrophobic and second had the worst layout ever. Like, every bathroom had 2-3 doors into multiple rooms so no bedroom was really private. Third house was the one I was talking about and we really like it. Like, had so much more space we didn't think it would have. The FROG was huge, kitchen open, nice good sized bedrooms with giant closets, perfect size garage, back yard even has a creek with turtles and frogs, and main living room had a large natural stone fireplace with lofted ceiling and built in reading book overlooking the yard. The last two houses we looked at had weird things, like a spiral staircase to a workshop loft with rough pine boards as the wall (scratchy) and the next house had kind of small rooms.

My bf says he's tempted to make an offer on the one we like since it felt cozy yet spacious.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
So we toured five houses. First two were ok but first felt claustrophobic and second had the worst layout ever. Like, every bathroom had 2-3 doors into multiple rooms so no bedroom was really private. Third house was the one I was talking about and we really like it. Like, had so much more space we didn't think it would have. The FROG was huge, kitchen open, nice good sized bedrooms with giant closets, perfect size garage, back yard even has a creek with turtles and frogs, and main living room had a large natural stone fireplace with lofted ceiling and built in reading book overlooking the yard. The last two houses we looked at had weird things, like a spiral staircase to a workshop loft with rough pine boards as the wall (scratchy) and the next house had kind of small rooms.

My bf says he's tempted to make an offer on the one we like since it felt cozy yet spacious.

FROG??? That sounds like an awesome house. :)

Tonight I made potato and rutabaga latkes. I even fried them in coconut oil so they were authenticish. Mikey was in heaven. Now I am making apple peanut butter honey cakes. :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tonight I will be eating a huge salad, yes, like a grazer. I just had a hankerin' for one, and I like to let my gut be my guide.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Tonight I will be eating a huge salad, yes, like a grazer. I just had a hankerin' for one, and I like to let my gut be my guide.

We switched spots. I fried up my latkes and didn't concern myself with the healthiness :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
Trust me, I wasn't going for healthy. It's food to me.

I love salads :)
I decided I'm starting to run again. My Achilles tendonitis is not going to control me. I plan to start slow.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

Cowboy_Ken said:
I've no idea why my gut suggested this as dinner. I wanted Hebrew National hot dogs!!!

They would have been appropriate for the new year

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I got two for one on those last week:p yummy! I made Thai steamed rice and stir-fried tofu a d veggies in a sesame sauce. I love using my spices from Israel. I'm almost out. Guess I'll have to make another trip to Israel...oh wait, with all that stuff going on in Syria, I think I'll order it online.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Did I mention it has a giant yard? Was trying to figure where I'd put Rosie's enclosure and I think the garage is the best bet. Would keep her acclimated to similar-like outdoor temps, would not require lifting 600 pounds of wood and such up a tight staircase, etc. plus don't have to worry about running the heater as much except in winter.

I'm excited.. To think that we may be owning a place before 25 is exciting.

Two of the neighbor's houses sold in the last year for 230k-280k. Since this house is just a little over half that it should be keeping it's value. Area has an optional HOA that grants access to a pool and tennis courts but isn't required. Has walking trails nearby and is in the top rated school district. Seems like it's a bunch of middle-upper class level families, half with kids.

We submit our paperwork today in 2 hours. So we may know by tonight or tomorrow if the seller wants to accept our offer. Will keep you all updated and let you know when the housewarming party/BBQ is ;)

Keep your fingers crossed!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Kim, that's smart thinking. I hope you get the house. Sounds fabulous.

Jacqui, how was your mini vacation? You missed your B-day here at the forum. I was looking for you. How's things? I was getting beat up by one member about advice I give a couple of days ago. Anyway, I had to get a mod to watch out for him.

Hi Cowboy! What days do you have off when you can get on chat?

Kerryann, should I as about work?

Sarah, did you still have the shingles? How's things with you?

Erin, how's Rand today? How are you? I missed you:(

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Was it a reasonable bid? It it's within 7-10k difference, they may go for it. If it's larger than that, they may either reject the bid or counter it. You seem to be house-hunter savvy, what do you think they'll do?

RosieRedfoot said:
We should know if they accept/counter by Monday. Going to be hard waiting to hear back!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
sibi said:
Hi Cowboy! What days do you have off when you can get on chat?

Friday eve. Saturday Sunday.

I'm supposed to take two working days off a month, but I've yet to mange just one so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.