Pretend chat 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Wow Cowboy, I knew that years ago, but totally forgot about it until now. Once I did that at a local shop and the owner didn't like what I was doing. He asked me to stop. I guess that's why I forgot, maybe. Kim, I have 5 magnolia trees on my property, and I have the most beautiful hibiscus tree I've ever seen. The flower is huge and it's yellow-orange in color, with a purplish blue middle. It blooms twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall. When it blooms again, I'll take a pic of it. Also, I love planting hibiscus bushes all over my yard. They do so well here. :)

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I have one hibiscus and it's doing fairly well but it's in a pot and I think it'd do best in ground with a watering system set up.

My bf asked if I'm an old person because I was pricing out tp/paper towels for cost vs quality vs sq ft to make things cheaper in the long haul.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Wow Cowboy, I knew that years ago, but totally forgot about it until now. Once I did that at a local shop and the owner didn't like what I was doing. He asked me to stop. I guess that's why I forgot, maybe. Kim, I have 5 magnolia trees on my property, and I have the most beautiful hibiscus tree I've ever seen. The flower is huge and it's yellow-orange in color, with a purplish blue middle. It blooms twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall. When it blooms again, I'll take a pic of it. Also, I love planting hibiscus bushes all over my yard. They do so well here. :)
I am so jealous. I want a magnolia tree so badly. I just don't want a 20 to 30 foot tree in yard unless I take down one of my other trees. :(

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
There is a dwarf magnolia as well! We might put one in the front lawn if we get the place. They smell so amazing!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Tell him, "No, but when I get old, I'll be a rich old lady because of years of getting the most bang for my buck."
RosieRedfoot said:
I have one hibiscus and it's doing fairly well but it's in a pot and I think it'd do best in ground with a watering system set up.

My bf asked if I'm an old person because I was pricing out tp/paper towels for cost vs quality vs sq ft to make things cheaper in the long haul.

My magnolia trees are over 30 feet tall. Maybe that's why my street is called Magnolia:p
Kerryann said:
sibi said:
I am so jealous. I want a magnolia tree so badly. I just don't want a 20 to 30 foot tree in yard unless I take down one of my other trees. :(

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I figure every dollar saved on things we flush down the drain/throw out is better put towards something like fencing the yard or adding security features to the doors like new locks.

I used digital coupons and a few coupons at Kroger tonight and he goes "that's all it cost? Did we forget something?" I was like, no I just got sale items plus coupons!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Like I said, you're gonna be rich because you know how to economize.
RosieRedfoot said:
I figure every dollar saved on things we flush down the drain/throw out is better put towards something like fencing the yard or adding security features to the doors like new locks.

I used digital coupons and a few coupons at Kroger tonight and he goes "that's all it cost? Did we forget something?" I was like, no I just got sale items plus coupons!

Cowboy, I only have red and yellow hibiscus bushes. How do you have purple?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I've put thought into opening up a hobby stained glass business. I know how to do the craft, just need supplies. If things went well could possibly expand to beginner workshops, selling supplies, etc. I've looked but there are no local stores and with the percentage of elderly folk that love stained glass and craft fairs here I think I could eventually turn a profit and get paid to be creative lol. Maybe I could make a fortune doing custom tortoise window pieces and sun catchers on here someday lol :p

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
sibi said:
Like I said, you're gonna be rich because you know how to economize.
RosieRedfoot said:

Cowboy, I only have red and yellow hibiscus bushes. How do you have purple?

I have purple too. :p
I would be the worst at crafts because I am not crafty or creative natured. :( I am process driven.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Haven't heard of that one. Everyone has a show these days, lol. I mean, I saw commercials for vanilla ice's (house flipping) going Amish show and thought why does a one hit wonder rapper have a house flipping show working with the Amish?

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

RosieRedfoot said:
Haven't heard of that one. Everyone has a show these days, lol. I mean, I saw commercials for vanilla ice's (house flipping) going Amish show and thought why does a one hit wonder rapper have a house flipping show working with the Amish?

Are people converting to Amish? Vanilla ice converting non Amish to Amish. That could be fabulous too. The Amish mafia show is confusing. Amish people hustling people and driving Mercedes?

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Well a few years ago it was the show fad to have lots of kids, then it seemed the fad to have little people. Then they had many shows with little people having lots of kids. Baking/cupcakes were a fad too and there was a little chocolatiers show for a while as well.

Lately it seems house diy is in, as is Amish, so they have gotten to that merger again before it flops out of popularity.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:
We only get to grow hardy hibiscus here. It seems they all have purple flowers.

Huh I don't recall seeing a hardy hibiscus that is purple (only reds, whites and pinks), but we have some Rose of Sharon/Althea that are purplish color.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I had to show you guys this.
I was in Seattle yesterday afternoon at the Public Market buying Salmon...

ImageUploadedByTortForum1378668742.808030.jpg

My kinda place. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.