Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
Re: RE: Pretend chat 2

sibi said:
I got two for one on those last week:p yummy! I made Thai steamed rice and stir-fried tofu a d veggies in a sesame sauce. I love using my spices from Israel. I'm almost out. Guess I'll have to make another trip to Israel...oh wait, with all that stuff going on in Syria, I think I'll order it online.

I never think of using a sesame sauce but it sounds good.
Yea right now would be a better time to move to Canada our Alaska.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
You better take those days. They give it to you for a reason. You don't want to burn out, do you? Ok on Friday I'll try and chat with you off and on all day...deal? Then we have the weekend also:)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Sibi, it's a date. As a smoker, I take breaks regular but usually I'll bring a couple hourly employees out with me that smoke and they tend to open up with me then.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I don't think moving to Alaska would help a ton. I mean, it is closer to N. Korea and Russia...

As for the offer, they were asking 160 so we actually offered 160 buuut they pay 3% closing costs, throw in 12 months home insurance the house already has, and a 90 day closing. They suggested to go for the asking price since it's already about 30k under market value and not all buyers want to take a 90 day closing if you barter price since someone may come along after and want to pay asking price. There are no other offers on the place nor have there been in 140 days so the realtor said they might just take it. We also put forward a 1% "good faith" deposit towards closing to show we're good for the money and serious buyers.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

sibi said:
Kim, that's smart thinking. I hope you get the house. Sounds fabulous.

Jacqui, how was your mini vacation? You missed your B-day here at the forum. I was looking for you. How's things? I was getting beat up by one member about advice I give a couple of days ago. Anyway, I had to get a mod to watch out for him.

Hi Cowboy! What days do you have off when you can get on chat?

Kerryann, should I as about work?

Sarah, did you still have the shingles? How's things with you?

Erin, how's Rand today? How are you? I missed you:(

Ugh I wanted to work from home tomorrow but there's a fiasco brewing. I can't even disengage for a minute it feels. We are so close to the finish line on a project.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yep, it Friday tomorrow. You're beginning to think lime me now...funny lol

Cowboy_Ken said:
Friday is tomorrow, right? Please say yes, please say yes!!!!!

Oh Kim, I think we're gonna do the house dance tomorrow:p I think you made a great choice. The only sticky point will be the 90 day close. Most desperate sellers don't want a three month closing because they're strapped as it is and if they have to pay three more months of mortgage, I tell you what, they're gonna come back and counter with a 30 day closing, unless they have the money to wait it out. I guess we'll see.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Well they're currently living in the house, so even if they counter we can afford to do a 60 or 45 day closing instead. But if they don't have a second mortgage they may go for it. Just thought we'd offer 90 since we are in this place till at least January (rental) and don't want to pay rent plus mortgage as much as possible but will if need be.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI

RosieRedfoot said:
Well they're currently living in the house, so even if they counter we can afford to do a 60 or 45 day closing instead. But if they don't have a second mortgage they may go for it. Just thought we'd offer 90 since we are in this place till at least January (rental) and don't want to pay rent plus mortgage as much as possible but will if need be.

That is a plan. I'm hoping you get it.

So today I finally lost my cool on some stuff that needs to be remedied. I have finally gotten to the point where I'm unhappy to the point that it's time to leave. It makes me sad because when I first started my plan was to stay two years then hop. I love what I do. I love my employees. I love my clients. I can't keep doing other peoples jobs at the expense of my internal duties, managing my people, and my own personal life.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Gotta do what's best for you!

Our agent said they are considering our offer but have not given a yes or a counter offer. I take it they're thinking it over for the weekend.

I take the fact that they didn't say no or counter right away is a plus.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
Gotta do what's best for you!

Our agent said they are considering our offer but have not given a yes or a counter offer. I take it they're thinking it over for the weekend.

I take the fact that they didn't say no or counter right away is a plus.

Yes that is a good thing i'd think. :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kerryann said:
So today I finally lost my cool on some stuff that needs to be remedied. I have finally gotten to the point where I'm unhappy to the point that it's time to leave. It makes me sad because when I first started my plan was to stay two years then hop. I love what I do. I love my employees. I love my clients. I can't keep doing other peoples jobs at the expense of my internal duties, managing my people, and my own personal life.

Sounds like a few folks may need to be fired, retrained, moved into other positions, ect.., If they can not do THEIR jobs, then THEY are the ones the need a change, not you.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Jacqui said:
Kerryann said:

Sounds like a few folks may need to be fired, retrained, moved into other positions, ect.., If they can not do THEIR jobs, then THEY are the ones the need a change, not you.

That is what I said not very politically correct. I also said that I will not for any reason ever give a client substandard service but that I can't do it all which increases risk that something serious will go wrong and ruin my reputation along with the company's. In addition to that it is stopping my from my number one love which is continuous improvement and optimization. I am just barely keeping everything going.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Went to HD looking at plants and such and saw these few that I had to photograph to share.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1378596811.095911.jpg
Hibiscus that was so vibrant

ImageUploadedByTortForum1378596837.955333.jpg
Southern magnolia tree starting to bloom that smelled amazing

ImageUploadedByTortForum1378596878.793977.jpg
Heliconia plant. Looks like a mock mini bird of paradise to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
Went to HD looking at plants and such and saw these few that I had to photograph to share.

Hibiscus that was so vibrant

Southern magnolia tree starting to bloom that smelled amazing

Heliconia plant. Looks like a mock mini bird of paradise to me.

Those are so pretty.
Talking about plants the reorganization of all of my gardens is done. :) I have spring, early summer, mid summer, late summer, and fall flowers in every bed now.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RosieRedfoot said:
I want a hibiscus "wall" and a magnolia tree too :)

There is a local auction site called repocast here. I just got 18 hibiscus plants for 5 dollars. I have them in pots and am trying to see if they are alive. I have gotten 18 day lilies, 18 hostas, and 18 daisies from the same place and had success with everything but the daisies. I am so hoping the hibiscus will work out.
I want a magnolia bush. It only gets like 10 feet tall.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've found, a good check for life on a plant this time of year, is to use my thumbnail and barely scrap some of the outer bark of to see if that next life giving layer is green or brown. Green means life, brown means dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.